Beasts of Beyond
desktop mode on mobile? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: desktop mode on mobile? (/showthread.php?tid=9913)

desktop mode on mobile? - gregory - 07-27-2019

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:55%;font-family:verdana"]ok so i was wondering if there was a way to use the desktop site on mobile because.. everything looks very tiny for me on my phone??

Re: desktop mode on mobile? - stygian - 07-27-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 55%; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]
There isn't right now, and I don't know when there will be one Sad
I hear you can force it into desktop mode on the Puffin browser app

Re: desktop mode on mobile? - gregory - 07-27-2019

i would try that if my mom didn't regulate my downloads :^( i think stilly may have that browser bc he was able to force it into desktop so ill have to maybe look into it,, thank you tho~!

Re: desktop mode on mobile? - Orion - 07-28-2019

The page doesn’t switch to desktop because technically it’s already desktop version but compressed. It’s known as a responsive theme. Once the theme reaches a certain width, it switches formats to a more mobile-friendly site. You can test that by changing the size of your browser window on desktop.

What looks small in specific?

Re: desktop mode on mobile? - gregory - 07-28-2019

[align=center][div style="text-align:justify;width:55%;font-family:verdana"]pretty much everything, really. but that could just be me. like some fancies will be less then an inch thick, etc.

Yikes that's new. What mobile device are you using? And what happens if you turn your phone horizontally? + any post examples in specific?

there was one in my joining and mine does it too but it’s much wider. i haven’t tried to horizontal yet, as i.. forgot about that feature lmao
but i’m using an iphone 6s plus i think?? i’ll edit what happens when turning my phone :^0

edit: turning the phone helps but my phone is.. wide so it’s difficult to type, if that makes sense??

and this post is the one that seemed small! like the template compressed where as the others don’t
(07-27-2019, 07:05 PM)tricky. link Wrote: [align=center]
jumps down like obi wan
hello there

welcome welcome!!! it's great to have you both here :> if you've got questions, staff doesn't bite and i'm always open for plotting with any future characters of yours!

[align=center][div style="max-width: 600px; text-align: justify;"]
So this is what it should look like normally. Without/with a non-constricting fancypost. There are some others, for example @tricky , who use a thinner post template to make their post look like this.

The reason why their post is thinner is because instead of using max-width (which only constricts the width on desktop and not mobile), is because they're using a percentage for their width code instead (which applies to both mobile and desktop). Here's what I mean by that:

My code, which compresses to the full width of the box UNLESS it reaches the max width of 600px.
Code:
[align=center][div style="MAX-WIDTH: 600px; text-align: justify;"] text here [/div][/align]
Their code, which only takes up 50% of the box.
Code:
[align=center][div style="WIDTH: 50%; text-align: justify; "] text here [/div][/align]

So quite simply, that is normal. Some prefer to have their templates for their aesthetic, rather than for ease.

oh!! alright, i didn’t even realise that! i’m not used to the types of bbcode that’s used here yet, i’ll have to figure some things out :^0 thank you sm!

No problem! Lemme know if you need any help, but for now I'm going to mark this as solved!