Beasts of Beyond
PUTRID // delivery - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: PUTRID // delivery (/showthread.php?tid=9868)

PUTRID // delivery - Crow Roux - 07-18-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 55%; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]
Crow made the journey to the island of pirates in a most unfortunate situation—around his back was strapped a bag with a rather smelly cargo inside: a half-rotted head, and the only indication of where it had come from was the sand caked into the crevices in its skin. It was decomposed almost beyond recognition, and there it sat against his flank, separated only by a piece of cloth. He could only take so much buzzing of flies before he started to get annoyed, and a grateful sigh slipped from his maw when he finally stepped onto dry land after plodding through puddles for some time. It meant he was almost there, and he could finally get rid of his unwanted luggage.

Anxiety gnawed at his stomach as he invited himself into the Typhoon's main camp, which was still decorated for the party, and it would not be long before he discovered the owner of the head strung up in a tree and mangled. It was almost enough to make him ill, and he turned his head away and dropped the bag before letting out a pitiful call. "G-Goldie?" he stuttered, "I, uh, I found somethin' for you."

Re: PUTRID // delivery - bubblegum - 07-19-2019

I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS A MOONLIT SEA
THE OLD VOICE WARNING ME
ϟ GOLDENLUXURY "GOLDIE" ROUX ϟ
noun
ϟ the clash between the eye and the raging storms. ϟ the healing warmth of the sun and the raw brutality of the seas. ϟ the self-fulfilling prophecy and the stolen future. ϟ
"I AM GOLDENLUXURY ROUX."
BEWARE, BEWARE THE DAUGHTER OF THE SEA
BEWARE, BEWARE OF ME.
[align=center]
Goldenluxury, before anything, was hit by the overpowering scent of Crow's "gift", and then with Tanglewood. Her movements are a bit more delayed, eyes clearly growing tired. She is adopting a look of her old self, when she would constantly collapse or grow sick from her lack of sleep, but she could not quite help it at this point. There were too many things she needed to account for - too many things she needed to figure out, and a desire to never miss her papa's supposed return. The tigress offers the Tanglewood leader a confused smile, her nose scrunching up as she grows closer.

"Couldn' have gotten any flowers or anythin' t' make it smell better?" To be fair, she didn't really know what flowers grew in the swamp. Surely there must be something, though... Unless their flowers were mushrooms? Whatever, she would glance to the bag now dropped, feathered tail tip twitching. "I know we smell like fish n' y'all live in the m- What the fuck?" She cuts herself off, her paw outreached as she opens the bag and sees its contents. The captain's expression contorts to one of confusion and disgust. So, they found the head, clearly. Iciness fills her already striking, cold eyes as she looks over it. "Thas' m' head." Burnt from the lava, but still hers, at a time where her back and hind legs were forever crippled, she had forever been in pain, her eyes were a glowing green, and she was a bengal cat. This was Goldenluxury Roux's birth body, and it had been broken since she was seven months old - now it is almost beyond recognizability. Did they know who did this?

Her gaze turns back to Crow, a questioning look. "Where'd ya get it?" Her tone is accusatory - she does not have any belief that Crow or anyone in Tanglewood, for that matter, was responsible for this. Instead, she wants to know which enemy decided to spread her corpse all the way over to their ally. Was it her original belief - Decius, the one who'd promised the young she-cat her family be made dead, cut up and strung in little pieces, dead eyes staring down at her until her inevitable doom - or was it some obsessed enemy she hadn't thought of before?

Re: PUTRID // delivery - Crow Roux - 07-28-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 55%; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]
Oh boy. Here she was.

Despite the fact that he had called out to the tigress and expected her to show up, it did not stop his heart from skipping a beat when he spotted her. She was going to be so, so mad, and he knew it. Crow knew for a fact she was going to be mad. Except she wasn't. He blinked at how eerily calm Goldenluxary's demeanor was as she dumped the head from the bag, declared it as her own, then carried on as if it was nothing, though he could sense the change in her tone that caused his stomach to twist once more. Was she accusing him of taking it?

"B-Beck dragged it in," he finally said, the words almost tumbling out of his mouth. As if that helps your case. Now you sound even more guilty. "A-an' it was covered in sand, so I thought to bring it here so you could figure out whose it was. Didn't expect it to be yours..." He exhaled to regain his composure, outstretching a paw to point at the scene nearby. "I can, uh, help you clean that up."

Re: PUTRID // delivery - bubblegum - 07-29-2019

I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS A MOONLIT SEA
THE OLD VOICE WARNING ME
ϟ GOLDENLUXURY "GOLDIE" ROUX ϟ
noun
ϟ the clash between the eye and the raging storms. ϟ the healing warmth of the sun and the raw brutality of the seas. ϟ the self-fulfilling prophecy and the stolen future. ϟ
"I AM GOLDENLUXURY ROUX."
BEWARE, BEWARE THE DAUGHTER OF THE SEA
BEWARE, BEWARE OF ME.
[align=center]
"Beck?" she began to laugh - not that it was really funny. Well, not funny funny, anyway. It was funny in the sense that it was fuckin' weird, and a relief. "Thas' a relief. Why the fuck he do that?" she wasn't necessarily expecting Crow to know why the ghost boy did the things he did, but she couldn't help but voice her confusion. What the Hell? Was he trying to spite her childhood fears on purpose? He knew of Decius, and the things he said to her. He knew how scared she'd been - he'd witnessed it all firsthand. The tigress held a bewildered expression, ears twitching back and forth. "Man, what the fuck?" the female wasn't at all angry right now, especially not at the leader before her. She knew he wouldn't wish Beck to do something like that - he wouldn't have even known about her burnt body. It's a surprise to her Beck even did. It hadn't been touched, as far as she knew. No one had gone seeking it and she knew she certainly didn't. The jungle eventually grew back over top of it and it would be hard to find.

The female sighs, shaking her head as she focuses fully back on Crow, then turning her head to the mess Beck left before, offering to clean it up. "Mm, ya don' have to. Not a very pretty job. Surprised he managed to find it at all," her voice is neutral, though still clearly shocked about the whole thing. It was clearly intentional, for whatever reason. Did she do something to upset the ghost boy? She supposes they haven't talked in a long time, but this is not exactly the right way to go about asking someone to talk to you again. And hey, it wasn't like she was avoiding him. She even gave him presents over the holidays! Weird.