Beasts of Beyond
SAVE YOURSELF --- herb lesson / patrol - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Pitt (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: SAVE YOURSELF --- herb lesson / patrol (/showthread.php?tid=9816)

SAVE YOURSELF --- herb lesson / patrol - SÉAMUS - 07-01-2019

[div style="width: 450px; line-height: 12px; text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 8pt;"]'cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass
The faerie honestly failed to remember when he started learning the medical arts.  He must have begun over a century ago, but he maintained and honed the skill.  Embry knew life kicked some in the backside which meant it couldn't hurt knowing how to mend the damage.  It also meant he relied on no one.  If anything, it created the opposite effect -- a reliance on him.

All's well that ends well.  The more trust and reliance placed in him, the better for him.  Besides, he grew bored with other tasks.  Part of him felt tempted to coerce poor Suvi into acting medic to the Pitt.  A cruel move, as she was a member of both the Typhoon and Tanglewood, but he'd leave the idea for later use.  Perhaps when she was in a healthier state.

Until then, Embry knew the Pitt needed someone with the knowledge.  Especially with much of the jungle burnt to a crisp.  The swift fox flicked an ear as he approached the camp's center.  "Come 'ere if ya want a part in a little expedition," the Scott raised his voice just loud enough.  "We need to restock on herbs outside the jungle.  I'll offer some lessons on the way, for those interested."
[align=right]hardly anything left for you to see — EMBRY

Re: SAVE YOURSELF --- herb lesson / patrol - aine. - 07-01-2019

[align=center][Image: VbWInBo.png?1]
— aine | the pitt | fae druid —
"Embry! … Mr. Embry, I... Wanna come!" The tiny vixen nearly tripped over her paws on the way, hazel hues bright.  Little flowers seemed to grow in her wake, vibrant in response to the excitement the child seemed to overflow with.  An herb expedition.  In other words, an excuse to explore farther away than normal.  With adult supervision.

Pitch black ears flicked back as she bit her the inside of her cheeks.  He'd let her go with him right?  She'd be good.  Well.  She'd try to at least.  Aine knew her attention span failed her sometimes.  Especially when something pretty fluttered past.  Like a butterfly.  Her stomach twisted.  "I-I'll be good, promise… I'll stay r-right behind you an' listen... Real good.  An-an I can carry t-the herbs!"

Odds were in his favor though, for the child intended to be a master druid.  She ought to know her herbs then.
I'll come back when you call me

Re: SAVE YOURSELF --- herb lesson / patrol - gael - 07-16-2019

Hold on Aine...  Grit teeth and narrowed eyes.  Dark paws trot quietly, a child's shadow.  A pair of sharp, hazel eyes flashed between the child and Scotsman.  An expedition -- he failed to see any safety in allowing Aine's part.  She seems earnest enough.  A child's eagerness and strength to hold to a promise may fluctuate -- as ever changing as the colors of a chameleon.

Worse, he preferred not to allow Aine too close to Embry.  Already she seemed too fond of him.  He'll stab you in the back, child. A lesson learned.  And will I let him?  Gael knew full well the possible repercussions of keeping the other fox's secret.  Yet he felt inclined to play this game of chess.  He felt inclined to win.  A friend in someone like his dear cousin meant safety for his daughter.

The lithe vulpine took a seat, regarding his ever-excited child with a rare smile.  "I see no problem with this, so long as you stay where Embry and myself can see you, a leanbh."  Gael supposed a further gain to letting his cousin play spy meant they had a healer among them, which, more importantly, meant Aine possessed a teacher.

She needed to learn.

"Perhaps we should find something to make carrying the herbs back easier.  A basket, perhaps." Especially if Aine felt determined to do so herself.  We ought to try keeping her busy as long as possible after all.  "Then be on our way." Best to leave soon too -- if they were to be productive.
"ISN'T IT LOVELY?" —-- gael ó broin / faerie / pittian / lamby
[align=center]