Beasts of Beyond
PITY THE MEN I KNOW && the typhoon - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: PITY THE MEN I KNOW && the typhoon (/showthread.php?tid=9728)

PITY THE MEN I KNOW && the typhoon - idyllfields - 06-13-2019

idyllfields
stars did fall
the announcement of tanglewood becoming a newfound ally was met, as far as idyll could tell, with decent feedback. they were happy to know someone had the typhoons back gods forbid something detrimental were to happen. now especially with this war on the way they were certain tanglewood would do a fine job keeping them from being overpowered. slavery was a deplorable thing...

the sage had set up a trio of wicker baskets filled with different items for each. the one they carried was specifically medicinal. seeing that they were now training to heal their crewmates, they were able to get access to supplies. mainly remedies for cuts, colds, and bellyaches included.

the second basket would have fish and shellfish. wrapped nicely but the smell of the salty sea still hung thickly around.

finally, the third, stocked with assorted decorative pieces whether it be accessories or house décor. idyll had spent a special amount of time with that one, careful to make sure not to include any glass or ceramic.

the border to tanglewood was quite... something. they couldn't tell if the fish had died in the second basket or if that was just the filthy muck from the swamp. the coyote carefully stepped around the more grody-looking puddles before halting along the border, hoping someone would approach sooner rather than later.

[div style="width: 500px; height: auto; padding: 0px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-size: 5pt; margin-top: -2px;"]© LEXASPERATED[/div

Re: PITY THE MEN I KNOW && the typhoon - selby roux ! - 06-15-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: georgia;"]Selby, having recently heard of the Tanglewood-Typhoon alliance, had been on the lookout for a Typhoon visitor. After all, it’d be strange to simply trust and accept that sort of handshake deal, honor be damned. A consummation for this type of deal was always in order.

The slight salty smell of a Typhoon member, Selby found, was hard to pick up under the oppressive stench of the swamp. He hadn’t know ln that anyone was there until he saw a coyote in the distance, and he approached accordingly.

”Hello,” he says conversationally as he approached, opting not to sit down as he was within a reasonable distance. ”Are these gifts? They’re much appreciated. I’m Selby Roux, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” The feline craned his neck the slightest bit, examining the contents of the baskets. The food and décor were of little interest to him personally, but the medicine on the other hand... he would never refuse a chance to expand his stock.

Re: PITY THE MEN I KNOW && the typhoon - Crow Roux - 06-21-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]
Crow would be the next to appear, an uneasy manifestation of anxiety at the sight of a stranger on his border, but he tried his best to keep his composure by holding his head high and straightening the slouch in his shoulders. Were it not for the stiffness in his forced posture, the feline would look quite regal standing there, but of course he had to ruin it. Get over yourself, it's just the Typhoon coming by to be nice.

"H-hello," he choked out, forcing himself to speak. "D-did you need somethin'? Th-thank you for the gi-ifts; they're lovely." His ears flattened against his head shamefully and he turned his attention toward the ground, wincing at the sound of his voice. He really needed to work on talking to new people.

Re: PITY THE MEN I KNOW && the typhoon - toboggan - 06-22-2019

A rank fragrance permeated in the distance. A scent not completely unfamiliar to the hound, yet also relatively obscure.

Sea salt, clear as day.

Of course, Tanglewood bordered the ocean, but the constant stench of swamp concealed whatever aroma the saltwater carried - even right on the shoreline. So, to catch the tang of sodium chloride from within the swampland meant one thing, and one thing only: a visitor. And, judging by the faint hints of seafood, he bet his bottom dollar that the stranger in the midst was of Typhoon descent.

Unbeknownst to his comrades, the guardsman himself had made a voyage of his own to the Typhoon, about a week or two prior to the announcement of the alliance. Quite a bit had been accomplished during his visit - making contact with Goldenluxury, having friendly conversation, and nearly suffering from heatstroke. Hearing that the pirates were now indeed allies boosted his morale by a substantial level, especially after being informed of what their leader had recently done to the Pitt alongside Crow. One thing to remember was that the seafaring fellows were not only allies, but powerful allies. It was best to play good and remain in their favour, rather than causing issues that could stain the two tribes’ relationship.

Peeking his sturdy head out from a thick patch of herbage, Leroy approached the Typhooner with a toothy grin. He was not the first Tangler there, not by a long shot, thus all important words - such as ”welcome”, ”thank you”, and all the other cheesy stuff - were already said. Now, the important matters could be discussed.

"What’s happening, neighbour?", the large canine greeted sappily, ere moving on to another topic; ”Now that the other shit is outta the way, how’s your people handling things on the island? Any news?”

Re: PITY THE MEN I KNOW && the typhoon - idyllfields - 06-23-2019

idyllfields
stars did fall
seeing selby, crow, and leroy had given idyllfields some relief. a small weight lifted from their shoulders now knowing rest assured they were in no immediate danger. the unknown of what lurked in its swamp had given them... slight anxieties. though with the natives of the land present, they felt just a slight bit safer being in it.

they greeted each of them with a friendly nod and smile. "yes, yes, hello! my name is idyllfields, i'm excited to hear of our alliance against the pitt and have been honored to bring you an envoy of gifts." the coyote beamed, their tail gesturing out to the baskets.

they couldn't help but give a small chuckle to crow, shaking their head lightly. "not at all! just a welcome visit. i have brought some food- though the taste may be acquired. medical supplies, and miscellaneous décor since i have heard you all reside in a town of sorts. figured it would make everyone feel a bit more comfortable and at home."

honey hued eyes turned to leroy, and they couldn't help but stand tall with a bit of pride. "yes! i have been given a promotion as a sage. i am training under our captain to become a soothsayer, so i was able to lend you some of our medical supplies with that. we have also had some returning members, luca and someone by the name of bubonicplague. other than that, though, we are busy bee's preparing for this war. i have been trying my best to learn what i can for everyone."it was rather exciting to the coyote, obvious from their voice. it was something entirely new to them!

"oh, but where are my manners? how has tanglewood been since? has the pitt been giving you any troubles?"

[div style="width: 500px; height: auto; padding: 0px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-size: 5pt; margin-top: -2px;"]© LEXASPERATED[/div