Beasts of Beyond
Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. (/showthread.php?tid=950)

Pages: 1 2

Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. - Orion - 04-27-2018

What ideas do y'all have for clan-wide plots and how do you think they should be orchestrated?

Re: Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. - skypher - 04-27-2018

TRACKS THE HELL OUT OF THIS IVE GOT MULTIPLE IDEAS LET ME WRITE THEM DOWN

Re: Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. - tricky - 04-27-2018

sly track because i have no ideas atm™

Re: Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. - Sorrel - 04-27-2018

I say for orchestration right, talking to the entire community, but more specifically the clan leaders would be the best idea for this. Since everyone will probably want to pitch in ideas for the group that they run in the first place c:
Natural disasters are usually good, but I haven't seen a clanwide plot that like causes a war between all the groups, or aspects of betrayal. I'm not really good when it comes to clanwide plots honestly xD

Re: Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. - Luciferr - 04-27-2018

track fo now :0

Re: Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. - Una. - 04-27-2018

Track.

Re: Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. - Orion - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 05:46 PM)Sorrel link Wrote: I say for orchestration right, talking to the entire community, but more specifically the clan leaders would be the best idea for this. Since everyone will probably want to pitch in ideas for the group that they run in the first place c:
Natural disasters are usually good, but I haven't seen a clanwide plot that like causes a war between all the groups, or aspects of betrayal. I'm not really good when it comes to clanwide plots honestly xD
Definitely the leaders would have to be in agreeance. Big Grin

Re: Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. - Sorrel - 04-27-2018

Then I think that once the leaders are in agreeance, that they should open it up to the community as a vote! But not be something that's like completely mandatory to engage in, since some people might want to just continue with their character regularly. And depending on like the clanwide plot, maybe there would be a prize at the end of it, or something haha.

Re: Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. - skypher - 04-27-2018

I know I proposed this privately, but I still think we should try to establish some sort of overarching lore to the site. Even if just a little tiny bit. I totally am down with the whole "creative freedom" thing. I mean. It's important. You do you, boo. But since there's absolutely no rules (or very loose rules besides like no god moding or whatever), things feel a little... aimless. A good story needs drive and conflict and while it is great to see people doing it manually, it'd be super cool to see the staff step up and start a site wide (maybe clan wide chapters?) story to kick start lore to the site.

Re: Clan-wide plots? Ideas for them + vote. - Cheeters - 04-28-2018

quick suggestion could be an epidemic of an unknown disease that hits every group. multiple members begin to show symptoms and it causes the groups to come together and figure out what's going on, they try to offer each other's special herbs that can't do anything unless they combine them together to create a new type of medicine that helps with the disease that's attacking them. i think it could either be a virus that leads members to doing unnatural weird things like speaking gibberish and going into spouts of mania before dying out of exhaustion or just other things like paranoia or aggressive behavior.

another idea related to that is a character of mine "simon" could visit everyone from each clan, offering special medicine that could help but only makes it worse, speeding up the process of the virus. he disappears and leaves hints for the clans to have to figure out and search for the special ingredient from each clan that will create the new medicine.