Beasts of Beyond
what was your first time roleplaying? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: what was your first time roleplaying? (/showthread.php?tid=9477)

what was your first time roleplaying? - Kydobi - 04-17-2019

hi!!!

I'm just curious about everyone and everything.

So when was your first time roleplay? what was it? what website?

I'd love to know!!

For me, I can't remember if I first started rping on feral heart or animal jam back in like 2010. I was around 10. And jeesh can i say LOW QUALITYYYYY. Yep you guessed it, it was either warrior cats or a TLK, or a wolf pack

Re: what was your first time roleplaying? - toboggan - 04-17-2019

i made a roblox account in 2012, when i was 9. ever since, the roleplaying became a common thing for me.

i remember that i was drawn to ff in 2014. warrior cats rpg on roblox did that for a lot of people.

i hadn’t really made a consistent character until 2015 though, with oakstrike in thunderclan. i was off/on with the site until the summer of 2016, when i decided to dedicate huge amounts of time to writing.

i was 13 in 2016. sometimes i look back at my writing before 2016, and it’s absolutely intolerable. one-sentence posts, awful punctuation, godmodding, i did it all. it wasn’t until 2016 that the quality of my posts went up - and even then they were still awful.

2017 is when i really got serious about it all. i learnt to make original characters, develop plot lines, and actually let my characters suffer.

when the summer comes, i’m hoping that the roleplaying scene on bob gets way more active. last summer took me right back to my early days, and it felt good.

Re: what was your first time roleplaying? - Janoobus - 04-18-2019

[member=1536]toboggan[/member] I remember joining ff when it was known as WCRPG however I never really got into the "Main/Traditional Game" until 2017. I would usually rp anything (mainly animals). But yes I certainly god-modded and made desperate characters. I didn't really quite get higher quality writing where I was consistent and allowed character development until 2017. My characters prior were usually stereotypical tropes and all that crap XD.

I'm still learning, although I took multiple breaks and a large one recently from RPing and it's hindered my skill so I am hoping to get back on my horse XD

Re: what was your first time roleplaying? - tikki - 04-19-2019

[align=center][div style="width:60%;overflow:auto;font-family:verdana;font-size:11px;text-align:justify"]I started RPing in 2010 when I found a Warrior Cats RP Server on Minecraft, and then joined FF back in early 2012 when it was WCRPG, my first post being "I have been running for days. A coyote killed my mother. A team of rouges my father. I want to be back in my clan but I cant find it. Instead I ran upon Skyclan. I have heard stories of Skyclan. Like how Thunderclan leader, Firestar, had put them back together after they had been kicked out of the forest for many moons. I told myself that if I had to choose a clan to be in I would choose Skyclan. I just hoped they would exept me." that being in the help den rather than an actual RP, and by 2014 I was writing more decent things throwback to drama with Will and Cap in this one
Spoiler:
I officially left FF back in 2018 when this site was made, because there was a lot of drama on the site and no communication so I was already searching for a new site to go to, and when Orion messaged me and let me know about this site I packed my metaphorical bags and left.

edit;; I wanted to mention also that I've found muse in death threads for some reason. If I'm writing out a death or some sort of torture I can go for thousands of words, whereas with other things not so much.

Re: what was your first time roleplaying? - stygian - 04-22-2019

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: georgia; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4;"]
i violently larped in my backyard until i was 12

Re: what was your first time roleplaying? - Whisper - 05-19-2019

oh heckin boiii.

My first RP site was WCRPG (warriorcatsrpg.com) when i was 12 - 2012, i was introduced to it by my brother and, amazed with their writing skills and being a little snot i wanted to be better- so i made a few characters and got heckin psyched. I stayed mostly in the romance board for two years - ( now that i look back, i wonder if this is why i have an avoidance to shipping my characters... huh ) I didn't actually join the "real" rpg community until my first character Whisper (a link to the application for her! ) - who i still have - in 2014 Bloodclan.

Whisper, who has died 8 times thus far and is now named Argus, is quite frankly a mess trash character that has all of my teenager angst funneled into. To the point i am still wondering how she is still functioning. I have dragged Whisper through WCRPG - FF - to BoB. and honestly, can i say what a ride?

Re: what was your first time roleplaying? - Crackers - 05-21-2019

My first RPG was actually a horse rpg waaaaay back in the day. I can't remember what it was called exactly as I was 11 then (and im 27 now) so it's been quite a while xD. I want to say it was called Mustang Valley, and it had a section where wild horses could form herds out in the wilderness and then another section for the 'town' where people could have their own ranches and could compete their show horses in different competitions that would show up around the boards. It was pretty neat, and to say the least my skill were minimal and atrocious. I like to think I've come a long way since then, lol. Anyways, after MV shut down I bopped around for a bit trying to find something (a lot of my earlier sites were horse RPGs, like the path to trod/take), but as time went by my active sites always closed for some reason and I was eventually unable to find a properly active site to consistently roleplay on, when FINALLY I came across WCRPG. My very first account on there is so old I don't even really remember the name, but I eventually settled there under the name Crackers. My oldest character/the first one to catch on was actually Malakai Dimera in the BHR, who was actually born there as a domestic cat. Ever since then I was hooked and up until reacently WCRPG/FF was my go to site. Now most of my time is spent here on BOB trying to help get the site active again by dragging people into my lame plots xD