Beasts of Beyond
to the edge [unknown visitor] - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: to the edge [unknown visitor] (/showthread.php?tid=9465)

to the edge [unknown visitor] - Kydobi - 04-15-2019

[align=center]
Better to be hurt by the truth than comforted by a lie -
tags-powers

[OOC:um please no kidnapping Smile ]

There was purpose behind his every movement. A loosely defined goal. Know your neighbors. And wandering had taken a large part in bringing him here. The large feline had wandered perhaps a little too far, definitely no longer on Pitt territory but still seemingly in the jungle.

Kydobi's tongue was lolling, the seasons were changing but it seemed to be dreadfully hot here. Even the Earth itself seemed to hum under his paws. There was an asphalt smell to the place, not really a stench but quite different from the earthy tones of the deep jungle. Even the trees here seemed different. Unlike the Pitt jungle which was hot and damp and sometimes cooling on good days, this place was overwhelmingly baking.

But it was fine. This was fine. Just don't think too much on it Kydobi, you'll boil from the inside out. He supposed that if he absolutely had to, he would be able to survive here. Maybe he was too used to the jungle back there. Not necessarily home, he hadn't even been there for a week yet. It was a place in which he invested his future.

He wasn't sure what he was looking for. Perhaps there wasn't inhabitants? He wouldn't be too surprised but the fact that there was a group mustering what they could in that dreadful desert made him doubt that there wasn't any tribe utilizing this landscape and what it could provide. Seemed far-fetched.
[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: to the edge [unknown visitor] - Keona. - 04-15-2019

[div style="width: 527px; line-height: 1.4; text-align: justify; font-family: palatino; font-size: 11px;"][align=center]blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly
"" The petite privateer rarely rose her voice above it's soft inflection, but this deep within the trees, she felt it necessary.  The spotted feline slipped through the undergrowth of the jungle with the smoothness of a snake, the tip of her tail twitching to and fro.  He smelled too much like the Pitt.  As such, a pair of pale, sea-green hues danced and flickered like a raging inferno.  Just because the Typhoon had an agreement with them didn't mean they could waltz in their jungle.

"You're trespassing on Typhoon lands."
✯ — keona sibéal ó faoláin. female. privateer of the typhoon. blind. rusty spotted cat.  ref. bio.

Re: to the edge [unknown visitor] - Kydobi - 04-15-2019

\

[align=center]
Better to be hurt by the truth than comforted by a lie -
tags-powers

Silent and sudden like a small apparation, she was suddenly before him. A small being. A child. Kydobi's neck craned forward and eyes scrunched in slight confusion. Surely having kittens wander where they please was an oversight?

"You're trespassing on Typhoon lands"

Ah, so that was what it was called. Typhoon. And where were the rest? You're oddly small.

Kydobi stepped a little closer, not with an ulterior motives just wanted to be closer. The spotted cat seemed to be looking and everything and nothing all at once. How was that possible? There seemed to be an emptiness in them despite their emerald vibrance. Hmm. But he did not dote on it too long.

Time was everything and he did not come here to waste it.

"I apologize, I'm new to the area. I was just trying to become acquainted with the neighboring lands and its possible inhabitants...", he looked behind him, "I do really apologize, I didn't mean to offend anyone with my trespassing. Just would like to know who lives next door."

His words were genuine, or at least he thought they did. The man almost always spoke from the heart, said what he meant and meant what he said. Words were very delicate things much like a reputation, hard to build but so very easy to destroy. And the last thing Kydobi wanted was to destroy his promise, to where his words were empty husks for others.

[sub][W]isker[/sub]

Re: to the edge [unknown visitor] - raziel - 04-15-2019

[div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: heiti sc; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]"Bí múinte, Keo," the dire wolf huffed softly as he trotted into the open.  Old, sea-green eyes flickered, glinting with light amusement and fondness.  Absently, he rolled his shoulders back, focusing his gaze on the stranger who had wandered into their lands.  He did smell of the Pitt.  Of course, if he remembered correctly, they were not... At odds with the Pitt at the moment.  He was old enough to struggle to snort at the hopelessness of that ideal.

The faerie offered his niece the smallest nudge in affection.  He was trying not to helicopter in his brothers' places, but... He had not seen his own children in some time, including the one who was supposed to be safe within their borders every once and a while.  "'s an honest mistake," he piped, smiling.  The king of a war-threatened people ought to recognize the signs of truth, and the fae firmly believed in offering the benefit of the doubt first and foremost.  No matter where he went in the world, he held onto those lessons learned.  "Ev'rything on this island, from the railroad, is the Typhoon."

"My name's Raziel, and I don' mind offering some basic info if you're just curious, but nothing more than my crewmates would approve of," he chuckled, figuring Keona might be the first to object to anything of the sort.  "'d also suggest we start head'n back towards where you came as we talk." Just because they weren't in the middle of fighting each other, Raziel didn't quite like the idea of bringing any Pittian close to the heart of the Typhoon.
[align=center]

Re: to the edge [unknown visitor] - bubblegum - 04-16-2019

I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS A MOONLIT SEA
THE OLD VOICE WARNING ME
ϟ GOLDENLUXURY "GOLDIE" ROUX ϟ
noun
ϟ the clash between the eye and the raging storms. ϟ the healing warmth of the sun and the raw brutality of the seas. ϟ the self-fulfilling prophecy and the stolen future. ϟ
"I AM GOLDENLUXURY ROUX."
BEWARE, BEWARE THE DAUGHTER OF THE SEA
BEWARE, BEWARE OF ME.
[align=center]
Did they think they own the damn place now?

Their deal was over. The only reason the tiger had not commented on the group lately was so her plans may fall in line as smoothly as possible. Jervis is a greedy fool that would be apprehended soon. Not that any of her crewmates knew this just yet, aside from perhaps two. A purpose behind each and every movement is an ideal the captain followed very strictly. Plans, strategy, calculated risks, information, training were all a part of the job. The very concept that she would regret her decisions was one she considered fantasy. She holds two, maybe three, regrets in her entire life, and that was not going to change now. So, when the scent of the Pitt faintly entered her senses, she opened her wings and took flight, forcing Lynn to get off and join her, the harpy eagle following behind loyally. It would not take long for the tiger to swoop down in front of her crewmates, her wings still extended as she stares at the jaguar, head held high.

Goldenluxury's slit pupils remained locked onto the male as her mouth opened, not wasting any time to make her own comments. She had heard Raziel's calm words while she landed. "He's right. Go back t' the gate, quickly." She would command in her sharp voice, tone strict as she gestures towards the main entrance and exit of their island. Her harpy eagle landed onto her hind, looking to the stranger quietly. Her expression is mostly neutral, and she does not hold any threats within her stance, simply a sense of authority. Her wings now fold, not breaking her gaze. If he was to begin moving, she would allow a small, polite smile to form upon her features. Only a small one. "There's a bell on the gate for visitors t' ring, or they can simply call out if they want. Is' more polite than waltzin' in unannounced." The female explained in a bit of a scolding manner. She doesn't care if it was a mistake or not - it wasn't that hard to figure out. Common sense must not be so common.

Re: to the edge [unknown visitor] - Kydobi - 04-16-2019

\

[align=center]
[div style="width:55% ;min-height :180px; background-color:#212121;Color:#838B8B; font-family: Gabriola; Font-size: 23px; Font-align: center;padding: 25px;"] Better to be hurt by the truth than comforted by a lie -
tags-powers

[div style="background-color:#838B8B; min-height:175px; width: 100%;border: 1px #C1CDCD double;padding: 15px; color:#121212; font-size:7pt; font-family:gracia; text-align: justify;line-height: 125%;"]Naturally he was unaware that their wariness was due to the group he was associated with. He had brushed it off of a trespasser and nothing more.

So when the large wolf showed up, kind and some would even say... humble, he was not threatened. His request was reasonable, start to head back from where you came. No reason to be hostile. He had barely given a nod of agreement when a winged beast came.

A fellow feline, but much more intimidating than the others and seemingly more hostile. She must be the leader, he had previously thought the direwolf was so but no. She held a commanding and authoritarian feeling. But he wasn't a coward. But he wasn't a fool. The bengal certainly had the size... and air advantage

When she landed his posture and demeanor did not waver or shift, his head remained high and confident. The prince had a feeling that any sign of weakness would only irritate her more. She demanded he head back immediately and he got a little irritated. Fine, he had already been in the process of turning like the dire wolf asked, he flashed him an appreciative smile, "I am Kydobi, pleasure to meet you.". But he didn't want to have wasted his precious time.

The tigress provided no name but that was fine, "I apologize, really. I must've missed it otherwise I would've rang it. Anyways no disrespect intended."