Beasts of Beyond
HARVESTER | mushrooms - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: HARVESTER | mushrooms (/showthread.php?tid=9446)

HARVESTER | mushrooms - salem - 04-11-2019

[div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 8pt; line-height: 1.4;"]SALEM |
Dark eyes gleamed through the slits of a pumpkin.  Through the strange apparel, the youth's brows creased in thought.  Vine-wrapped paws crept quietly through the jungle, marking notes of landmarks as he moved through the undergrowth.  In close vicinity to the temple the boy halted.  Soft exhales drifted through orange, relaxed in this place of eerie atmosphere.

He could still examine damage from the eruption prior to his arrival.  A test of perseverance.  Ah, pirates.  A smile danced peacefully on an obscured maw.  With a hum, the boy trotted around the temple's surroundings until he found a small clearing between a few trees.  A temporary thing, he was sure as the jungle needed time to re-grow, but ideal enough.

Glancing once at the vines trailing his legs, Salem closed his eyes and exhaled, focusing on the dirt beneath his paws.  Summer and Tempest can do it... His sisters made it seem easy almost, in their own elements.

A wry sigh.  Autumn was not for flowers.

The fruits of his labor grew low to the ground, touching the air with the slightest smell of fall.  Mushrooms.  An ivory tail twitched.  It was something.
[align=center][Image: aRoGvVP.gif]

Re: HARVESTER | mushrooms - raziel - 04-11-2019

[div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: heiti sc; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]The life of the jungle calmed the massive dire wolf.  The growing plants and towering trees.  The canine breathed in the salt air as he trotted through the cast shadows, down a familiar path.  The faerie did not linger by the temple particularly often, perhaps out of respect for a religion he did not share.  He did not want to encroach.

Raziel blinked as he spotted a small dark figure in the open.  An unfamiliar face but one that carried the scent of a crewmate.  "Dia dhuit," he offered with a warm smile, only briefly wondering what a pumpkin was doing on the feline's head.  "That's quite a skill." To call forth life from the ground by will, he could respect the talent, though he did not share it.  It brought back memories of his eldest daughter, quite the botanist.
[align=center]

Re: HARVESTER | mushrooms - bubblegum - 04-14-2019

I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS A MOONLIT SEA
THE OLD VOICE WARNING ME
ϟ GOLDENLUXURY "GOLDIE" ROUX ϟ
noun
ϟ the clash between the eye and the raging storms. ϟ the healing warmth of the sun and the raw brutality of the seas. ϟ the self-fulfilling prophecy and the stolen future. ϟ
"I AM GOLDENLUXURY ROUX."
BEWARE, BEWARE THE DAUGHTER OF THE SEA
BEWARE, BEWARE OF ME.
[align=center]
The damage from the volcano had gone away almost entirely, the only hints of it being the darkened patches of sand, pieces of belongings that'd not been found during clean up, and, most of all, the regrowing jungles. This being said, the captain had put a lot less pressure on clean up the past two months due to the fact that there was not much more that the pirates could do besides wait. Nature will eventually fix itself and they'd already put in all the work they could. Besides, the rebuilding efforts had gone over well. They weren't so desperate for supplies and food anymore - that was for certain. That was her biggest priority when they'd returned, but now it is not really something to worry about. She still took it upon herself to patrol the territory, though, always keeping track of its progress. Though, on her walk today, she found a different smell to enter her scents. Peculiar.

The golden tiger moved herself towards it, her harpy eagle resting quietly upon her back. Lynn is alert, most likely looking for food in his old jungle home. The female paid little mind to his efforts, though, instead focusing on the mushrooms that'd appeared alongside Raziel and one of their new crewmates, Salem, notable by his pumpkin head. Reminds her of her old roommate, almost, though he was a ghost, not a pumpkin. Goldie would nod, agreeing with Raziel's comment about his skills. "Wish I had the ability m'self," the tall captain would state in her sharp voice, holding a bit of praise in her tone. She gives a smile, cold eyes looking over the scene. "Were you tryna' grow mushrooms?" she then asked curiously, head tilting. A jungle wasn't the wrong place to grow them, so it didn't seem too out of place.

Re: HARVESTER | mushrooms - salem - 04-30-2019

[div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 8pt; line-height: 1.4;"]SALEM |
The faerie and the captain.  Only words of praise and curiosity floated into his ears, although he only continued to stare unsatisfied at his creation.  "... My sisters are better." His voice is soft and muffled, even through the fixed smile of the pumpkin.  Dark eyes blink again, thoughtful.  His head cocked lightly. "My intent had been... Flowers."

A sheepish admittance.  Almost ironically, he willed a few more mushrooms through the dirt.  Intentional in his purpose now, they flourished almost into a fairy circle around the dark feline.  "I can't seem to grow anything other than... Mushrooms and... Pumpkins." It may be worth a try to experiment with other plants, but the boy knew for ideal results he should probably focus on... Autumn plants.  But I know there are flowers that grow in autumn.  I simply lack the knowledge of which flowers.  A matter of future research.

// super late sorry y'all
[align=center][Image: aRoGvVP.gif]