Beasts of Beyond
certain of who you want to be -- newcomer - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: certain of who you want to be -- newcomer (/showthread.php?tid=9232)

certain of who you want to be -- newcomer - Straw - 02-18-2019

[font=trebuchet ms]A house of glass, unexpectedly, had solved her biggest problem.

Hunger was not her only problem, far from it, but at the moment it was the most urgent. Once she was fed, then she could worry about everything else- or worry about the next problem in a very long list. One step at a time, she had to repeat internally until it stuck. It never did stick for very long.

Unfortunately, a bigger problem came up before she could even reach the glass house; beyond a certain point, she could smell other people. They might grant her permission to enter, they might not, but first she had to talk to them. Assuming they wouldn't just attack her on sight. She couldn't see any signs of recent confrontations here, though- unless they were really good at cleaning up their messes...

...no, it probably wasn't that complicated. With a sigh, Straw adjusted her mask with one paw, then watched the horizon intently. Internally, she ran through the checklist of things to say for this situation. Her name, of course; why she was there; why she wasn't a threat to them; when she would be leaving; and of course an expression of thanks for even considering letting her stay. (Though that last part could be replaced with turning tail and running away if they proved aggressive. Best to be prepared.)

/tl;dr: loser with a skull mask on the border

Re: certain of who you want to be -- newcomer - teef - 02-20-2019

ARISIDE LANECES
✯ — GIVE ME A CHANCE TO CATCH MY BREATH
space
"you're looking pretty cold, love. why dont you come inside?" a rough voice would greet straw, a tigress emerging from the shadows, having been doing a solitary patrol. casting her gaze over the red panda, she grinned gently at the sight of the sabertooth mask, bowing her head slightly. just like an old friend of hers.

"my name is ariside laneces. i live here in elysium. are you alright? no injuries?"
space
✯ — FEMALE. RB & SH. MODERATE-HIGH. REF. BIO. — ✯
#psychosocial.

Re: certain of who you want to be -- newcomer - Straw - 02-20-2019

[font=trebuchet ms]The sudden voice elicited a jolt from Straw, though she relaxed upon watching the tigress walk out into the open in a... probably non-aggressive manner. Her words, on the other hand, struck her as odd. Just inviting random strangers into your home, without even waiting for an introduction? Was that how things were done around here? Not that she necessarily minded, but it could be a trap.

A name, two names actually, and then more questions. "Ariside," "Elysium," "alright," "injuries." Okay, made sense, kind of, and none. Talking to people one-on-one was actually manageable when necessary, just... no more than that. "Hungry," she said finally, glancing over at the greenhouse, "but otherwise okay."

Turning back to Ariside and nudging at her mask again, she nodded. "I'll come in, thanks. I'm Straw."

Re: certain of who you want to be -- newcomer - teef - 02-21-2019

ARISIDE LANECES
✯ — GIVE ME A CHANCE TO CATCH MY BREATH
space
"pleasure to meet you, straw. we can fix up your being hungry in just a jiffy. we just have to wait for phoenix to come by and give ya admission. for now, we can linger in my den? theres a fire, since it's pretty damn cold out here." ariside would smile and laugh, turning to let her catch up to her stride, intending to lead her to the security of her den
space
✯ — FEMALE. RB & SH. MODERATE-HIGH. REF. BIO. — ✯
#psychosocial.

Re: certain of who you want to be -- newcomer - PHOENIX - 02-21-2019

[align=center][div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 55%; text-align: justify;"] The numerous buildings of what had once been Sunhaven had been a common place for Phoenix to wander. It wasn't something she would consider comforting or some sort of home, but it had been her first place of residence after inhabiting the body of an animal, so in some way she had a bond to the seaside town. It just so happened that the maned wolf was wandering through its now deserted streets, sundrop eyes lazily scanning an environment that had almost become familiar to her. The sound of voices in the distance was a rather unexpected development, all things considered, leading the lich through winding back alleys to approach Kade and Straw. Catching the tail end of the conversation, Phoenix cocked a fictional brow, lingering back. "Straw, you said your name was?" An... odd name, but she didn't have much room to talk either. "And I'm Phoenix. We can provide you food, and shelter, but what brings you so deep into our territory to just now ask for permission?" Although the question was rather accusatory, her tone reflected more of a curiosity. As Magna (and temporary Helion, fuck) she kind of had to have some level of caution that she otherwise wouldn't exhibit.