Beasts of Beyond
NEW SOUL / repairing jungle temple - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: NEW SOUL / repairing jungle temple (/showthread.php?tid=9163)

NEW SOUL / repairing jungle temple - bubblegum - 02-10-2019

Re: NEW SOUL / repairing jungle temple - elijah - 02-16-2019

[div style="margin: 0 auto; border-width:0; width: 70%; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; line-height: 1.5; font-size: 9pt;"]The Jungle Temple was where mama used to work. He could remember the familiar bitter smell of herbs, the vibrant colours of green and yellow, the smell of dried blood smothered with poultices. Maybe it was better that the temple was in ruins. If it had remained perfectly the same, it would have felt haunting to imagine the ghost of Junji walking within the hallways. Even then, flashes of memories overwhelmed him. His eyes were clouded with a distant spark, glimmering in remembrance. He used to have a bit of a crush on one of their sages. It was a silly one, really, but to him it had felt intensely real. He saw Peppino as a saviour, a kind and gentle soul. Now that he was thinking about it, it must have been strange for the Necro Mamba to deal with his childish love. Elijah didn't know what made him follow Goldenluxury, feigning a smile when he sees her flying. Another memory he didn't want to think of: flight. He used to use his wings all the time. He loved the feeling of wind against his fur, the lack of bearings beneath his paws. His own feathers ruffle at the unsettling emotions, Elijah gently tugging on the bandages that wrapped around his missing wing. He follows despite the pain, follows in hope that his feelings would eventually numb themselves like a natural anesthetic.

The ruins were not as bad as he had thought. They were...salvageable, but it would take a lot of work. Immediately, without a word, the boy uses his air manipulation to lift scraps and broken parts from the ground, working as quickly as he could to get them out of the way. There was no point in repairing the shelves and restoring the herbs if the place continued to be a mess. He holds a calm expression, doing his best to appear emotionally distant. There was already enough to worry about in The Typhoon as he lifts his head to the female Captain: "I'm not very good at heavy lifting so I'm not sure if I can help with the stone. I can send my rats to look for herbs though and help with the shelves." Elijah had never been in the best physical shape. His weak heart made it difficult for strenuous activities and although the rocks looked manageable, he knew that it didn't take long for him to tire. It would probably be easier for him to help with the restoration of the shelves than help mend the exterior of the temple. He didn't want to mess up mama's old workplace.

Re: NEW SOUL / repairing jungle temple - Luciferr - 03-03-2019

[table][tr][td]
space
[/td][td]
space
[/td][td]
space
[/td][td]
space
[/td][/tr][/table]
The endless Void, The gazing abyss, The bottomless ocean of horror...It coiled itself around your tender heart
/post return thread.

”then it’s a good thing I can take care of that” was the half tired, half sad statement from the midnight dragon behind the two - it hurst to see his home in such a state and he half wonders if he’d gotten here sooner, if the damage might somehow have been mitigated.

He manoeuvres through the area well enough even given his size - pauses to nose elijah briefly, another guilt there, he had never meant to be gone so long, never meant to leave family so alone, but grief often fogs reason, even for the cosmic horrors masquerading as mortal kind - and nods to Goldie ”If you would direct me where the most heavy lifting is needed, I’ll get it done”

LUCIFERUS GRIMM
#psychosocial.