Beasts of Beyond
Making a Character - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Guide Archives (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Making a Character (/showthread.php?tid=9053)

Making a Character - Orion - 01-26-2019

Welcome new and old BoBCats! If you're new to the site or roleplay in general, I recommend taking a look at the Newbie's Guide for some tidbits. This will basically be an expanded version of the 'How do I create a character?' part with specific references to our abilities / mutations.

How do I create a character or what are the different ways to acquire a character?

1. You don't even need to create a form or a biography! With an idea in mind, you can hop right into roleplay straight away. You can use your main account or create a subaccount for your character. For instructions on creating a subaccount, check this guide... We suggest selecting a usergroup once you've created that account so you can attribute your account to the clan you've chosen!

2. Though, if you're looking for a specific character with in-game relationships, we suggest using the Adoption Agency to see if there any slots available in a popular litter or tryouts for a high position's (such as a leader) child. Some of these adopts, especially for more popular litters, may require biographies or forms filled out to be considered for a slot.

3. You can also head to the Biography board if you wish to create a biography/tags for your own original character.

How should I set up a biography for my character?

Once again, a biography (also known as character tags / hub) is not required. Here are some key things you should definitely include:

1. Their name should obviously be included... unless they don't have one. Nothing wrong with a mysterious loner.

2. Species and their appearance should be declared also. Here on BoB, we allow all animals to be roleplayed. You may also roleplay any non-human mythical / extinct creatures within our fair limits as long as you purchase them through the shop with gems.

3. Powers/Mutations are one of the things that makes BoB unique. Some of our characters have received powers by having their users purchase powers from the shop. If you have acquired any of these, you should list them in your character's biography! Better to be through.

4. Personality is what makes a character everything. Including this is key to having your character stand out within the BoB world!

These are the basics. You can also include things like their gender, possessions, companions, enemies, and history. Remember, while none of these things are required to do, it may help other users to have a better understanding of your character by posting an in-depth biography!

How and when can I start roleplaying?

Anytime! Since we do not have a required time limit or form for you to fill out, you may hop into our role play anytime.... but how? Now that you've got a character in mind, a possible biography, or a possible subaccount, you're ready to go! There are many ways to start.

First of all, create a topic (also known as a thread). When clicking on the group you've chosen, you should see this button on the right hand sight underneath the child boards listed.

1. Introductions for new characters are common. These threads start out with a simple situation on what their character looks like with additional insight into their personality.

2. Joining usually consists of a character trespassing boundaries or standing near the border to await the company of another. When such company arrives, they will ask to join. Whether this is out of desperation or out of curiosity is up to you!

Or maybe you don't need a new topic at all!

3. They've been there all along. Just get to posting in other topics! You can do this at the bottom of the page with quick reply or the reply button located on the right.

Please note that you can use any point of view or writing style on Beasts of Beyond! Our most common POV is third person.