Beasts of Beyond
change is coming / 1/14 meeting - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: change is coming / 1/14 meeting (/showthread.php?tid=8957)

change is coming / 1/14 meeting - clarence a. - 01-14-2019

Clarence was rather nervous about this one. He still felt so new and he still felt so... unqualified to be here. He wasn't sure how to feel about any of it. He didn't really get a choice, though. Admittedly, most of his life was a result of him simply accepting what came or responding in whichever way would make sure his friends and family were safe. Clarence wasn't used to having choices and he certainly wasn't used to being in control of himself, let alone of a whole group of creatures. He couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. But there were things he needed to say and things he wanted to change. So here he was.

"Ascendants, please gather for a meeting," the man called, looking over the crowd as they slowly began to gather around. "First of all, I've decided to eliminate all ranks other than my own and the secondary rank, Ecliptic Admiral. The Cleric rank has been made into a title so anyone can feel free to seek out knowledge regarding medicine and healing, and I'd like to encourage everyone to seek that information. I've decided to cut things down due to the fact I simply don't see us having enough of a community to fill all our ranks. Instead, to acknowledge hardworking members, we will be utilizing the title and pendant system more often. In fact, we'll be having a ceremony for it near the end of this week or the beginning of the next," he explained, taking a moment to pause in order to let everyone absorb what he was saying. "I'll be selecting the Ecliptic Admiral during our next meeting as well."

"In order to see more information about these new titles, please make sure to review the guidelines I've posted around camp regarding them. Also, be sure to approach me about your pendant if you don't have one already and about which ones you qualify for," he continued. "In addition to the existing titles, there is now a new section of them referred to as Quark titles. These can be found with the other guidelines posted, but they are related to interaction with one another and I'd like to encourage you to take a closer look at them. If you have any questions, once again, feel free to approach me. There are specific aids you can use for these as well," he concluded. 

"The final thing I have to say is simply that I'm still open to any input that any of you may have regarding these recent changes, or, really, anything in general. If you have anything, always feel free to come to me. Also, we're now officially allies with Sunhaven, not just neutrals. I've also decided to drop the Rosebloods from allies to neutrals, as I have learned that the claims they sacrifice sentient beings is, in fact, accurate," he finished with a light sigh, glad to be near the end. "Unless anyone has any questions, that's all for now."

/recap:
- all ranks but astral seraph and ecliptic admiral have been eliminated
- the ecliptic admiral will be selected next meeting
- cleric is now a title rather than a rank
- minor changes have been made to existing titles so make sure to check that out in the guide.
- we'll be focusing more on the titles system
- new quark titles have been added. the full description of them can be found in the guide.
- these are related to new characterization threads. these are threads where you are supposed to store various development related material and plot with other members! they're made in the ascedants ooc board. in order to keep track of these threads, the census is being updated to include them and there are specific codes that you can use for these threads. if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
- there are also new ooc weekly development prompts so be sure to take a look at that!
- there are also some mass adopt sign ups!
- there's also weekly prompts for this week!
- sunhaven is now an ally
- rosebloods are now neutrals
- the clan discussion is still going on

LISTEN UP; HEAR THE PATRIOTS SHOUT
BLOOD LUST IN A HOLY WAR
© LEXASPERATED

Re: change is coming / 1/14 meeting - arcy - 01-15-2019

Large changes were to be expected with every new leadership. People had different ideas on how a kingdom, a, a group, was to be run. How to make the people prosper, how to make your kingdom a more ideal place to live. Groups were designed based on gathering more members, so you had to stand out to lure in more. So, the meeting isn't unexpected. .. Well. Meetings being used on a casual basis was, but an important change meeting wasn't. So, Link trots over and watches Clarence with wide but but rather intense eyes. The group all seemed rather ... unused to each other. Clarence was no less qualified than the rest of them, but he'd if the former leader trusted him with something such as this, that was what mattered.
In the end, the changes don't mean a lot to Link. Ranks were meaningless -- in the kingdom it had just become a glorified sort of thing and how did he know this? It'd explain his headache, if he was unconsciously reaching for memories and knowledge. .. This said, titles were also glorified, but at least it wasn't under the guise of being a genuinely important figure. .. He wonders who would be chosen as Admiral. It doesn't make much of a difference to Link. He was, he acted, too much like a child to be considered. Perhaps it'd be Orpheus. He saw the tiger around often, and that counted for .. something, here.
This all being said, though, Link merely ducks his head in acknowledgement. He'd have to look into everything, eventually. Link was getting bored, even with all of his adventuring. It'd give him something to do while here, so he wouldn't just ... run off.
➵ NOW I BEAR LITTLE RESEMBLANCE
TO THE KING I ONCE WAS