Beasts of Beyond
RIP 2 MY YOUTH | open + bunker building - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: RIP 2 MY YOUTH | open + bunker building (/showthread.php?tid=888)

RIP 2 MY YOUTH | open + bunker building - BASTILLEPAW - 04-24-2018

BASTILLEPAW AURELIUS  ✧
the ascendants — kuiper corporal — tags
[div style="background-color: #dedfdf; width: 305px; border-bottom: 1px solid black; border-left: 1px solid black; border-right: 1px solid black; padding: 10px; line-height: 110%; word-wrap: break-word; text-align: justify; margin: auto; color: black; font-family: Georgia; text-size: 6pt"]
Bastille had first developed the idea for an outer bunker when they'd gained a dragon in their ranks; he had noted pretty quickly that though the Observatory was fairly large, it wasn't that large. One would be forced to shapeshift into a smaller form in order to get anywhere but the main Circle, and not everyone was capable of that. Besides, it was probably good practice to have the larger space available if needed. Since that initial idea had developed, he'd been adding purposes to it -- rooms with windows for Margy, stables for Arion. It seemed like was now was as good a time as any to point the plan into action.

Besides, maybe the work and power use he had planned would help reduce his restlessness. He was most likely going to be using a lot of energy; maybe he'd even get some sleep tonight, if the excess was finally burned out of him. (He highly doubted it, to be honest.)

To start, the bengal made a rough blueprint of his design and sketched out the space he needed in the dirt a few yards away from the Observatory. It was meant to be an extension of their current home, but he didn't really see a need to add some sort of connector -- members could walk the couple of feet from one door to the next. If weather turned out to be an issue, they could always try to add something later. Bast was more interested in getting the structure together before he started on side projects, frankly.

The harder part would be actually putting shit together. Sure, he could get the materials they needed, but building? That was going to take some creative thinking, but he saved that issue for later. In the meantime, he set to work with conjuring the shit he needed (which was, mostly, planks of wood, rubber cement, and various tarps for waterproofing). He wasn't entirely sure of what they would need entirely, but he could sort that out later.

Larger objects required more energy than others, but Bastille found that his limits seemed... further than normal. He was familiar with his lines when it came to his powers, but at the point when he thought he had reached it, he found more and more energy. Bastille had conjured enough wood for the entire lower floor before he felt faint enough to take a break, taking a step back to eye the progress.

Well, might as well start getting started on the initial steps. He did feel a little more balanced after so much power use, and after a stop for water the corporal was yelling in the center of the Circle, "Yo, new project. Meet me outside if you feel like helping." With that, the bengal was heading out once more to figure out how the hell they were going to do this.

[ yoo so to make shit interesting and realistic i want to do a thread series with maybe a loose post count requirement in each one for the bunker to be finished
so like in between those threads it'll be acknowledge as still in production and whatnot
i think phase one will be the hardest / longest part i.e. establishing how the hell to even build it and getting the first level in place, so probably will need the most activity to complete but idk if yall like the plan of having counts yet so we'll figure that out later lmao ]

Re: RIP 2 MY YOUTH | open + bunker building - Suiteheart - 04-25-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 530px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; padding: 20px"][tracking!! will reply soon!]
[color=#73B1B7][b]
[color=#73B1B7][b]
[color=#73B1B7][b]

Re: RIP 2 MY YOUTH | open + bunker building - Amaranth - 04-25-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 450px;; text-align: justify"][size=8pt]Amaranth, honestly, knew nothing about architecture. Most places she'd stayed in had been prebuilt or abandoned, and customized to her liking. But all she knew was that she saw Bastillepaw focusing very hard on a particular project, and she figured she should lend a helping hand.

Amaranth padded over, glancing at the Kuiper Corporal, she offered a smile as she looked him up and down, before adding, "can I help you? with anything?" Amaranth wasn't very big, so she wasn't exceptionally strong, but if she was eager to help, what could go wrong?

"Speech."

Re: RIP 2 MY YOUTH | open + bunker building - ghostpact - 04-25-2018

Well, he didn't really feel like helping, but he had told Starry he wouldn't let him down when he was promoted, so he assumed this was part of it. Plus, he really needed something to keep his paws busy. Pulling himself out of the spot he'd just laid down in, he followed after Bast. "What are we doing?" He looked over at the bunch of wood planks laid out and he squinted. He knew how to bring a place down, but he didn't know shit about actually building it. Great.
✘♛

Re: RIP 2 MY YOUTH | open + bunker building - BASTILLEPAW - 04-29-2018

BASTILLEPAW AURELIUS  ✧
the ascendants — kuiper corporal — tags
[div style="background-color: #dedfdf; width: 305px; border-bottom: 1px solid black; border-left: 1px solid black; border-right: 1px solid black; padding: 10px; line-height: 110%; word-wrap: break-word; text-align: justify; margin: auto; color: black; font-family: Georgia; text-size: 6pt"]
Eh. That was good enough for Bastille as a starting point; he could round up more people eventually, after he'd tried to figure out just how in the hell they were going to do this. Besides, he actually liked Immy, and had decided that Ama was alright. At the very least, she didn't annoy him, which was better than most. He gave an idle nod, and drawled, "Right. So, basically, we're trying to build a bunker for our larger members, anyone who might want windows in their rooms as opposed to living in a literally basement, shit like that. If we can figure out a stall for that colt, great. If not, we'll figure something else out. Uh, I'm not exactly sure how we're going to do this, so for right now you can help be coercing more people to help and helping me figure out what the fuck we're even going to do."

Bastille didn't seem to shoot for elegance or class in any way when he spoke. He also didn't look like he particularly cared that he was admitting that he had no plan and needed suggestions. Sure, he had a sense of pride, but it also was not easily wounded.