Beasts of Beyond
awakening my sparrow heart // rb visit + request - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: awakening my sparrow heart // rb visit + request (/showthread.php?tid=8868)

awakening my sparrow heart // rb visit + request - teef - 01-05-2019

[align=center][Image: giphy.webp]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color=#7E354D]BAI SHI

" my own illusion come to be "

the nomarch of warfare had decided with the baying of hounds at their throat, that the rosebloods should make good with neutrals and allies. first on the list? tanglewood. things had not gone ... the best in the last visit. this time though, they came by themselves, deciding it needed to be a one on many with the group. the tanglers needed to see that the rosebloods were not threats, or as mysterious as they seemed. they had noticed that the mystification of their religious practices had set the ascendants at odds currently with the rosebloods and was potentially going to cause a rift between them as allies.

so here they were, alone and burdened by gifts, at tanglewood's border. they were relaxed, eyes half lidded as they waited for someone to notice the giant golden serpent out in the swamp. twitching their whiskers they relaxed, running back through their mental checklist for this encounter. they were rather tired from a recent nesting, wishing to be at home and curled up around their eggs. what would be even better? the sun on their scales again. the best? being curled up with the one they thought highly of.

they had come to tanglewood with a basket of food, both vegetarian safe and carnivore friendly, separated by a divider. they had initially came to ask tanglewood for aid in a dilemma that they had encountered back home in their territory. their water supply had been poisoned and so had their herbal supply, which really sucked. they were coming to ask for help with mainly the water poisoning, but if they could snag some healthy soil, why not?

letting out a roar to announce themselves, they settled back into a lethargic float in the swamp water, eyes blinking before sliding to half lid, content to wait as long as need be, unbothered by any bugs or predators in the waters.

Re: awakening my sparrow heart // rb visit + request - arrow - 01-05-2019

[glow=black,1,400]DID I HIT THE SPOT, PISS YOU OFF, MAKE YOU A FOOL IN FRONT OF EVERYONE — 。+゚.[/glow]
Arrow didn't know how she felt about the Rosebloods at this point. She knew that deep down she wanted to find who took out Whisper and Delilah, she wanted to yank their tongue out through their teeth. But what about the rest of the Rosebloods? Did they have anything to do with it? Couldn't say. Last time she ran into them, it was at that less than friendly meeting at the border. But Arrow had the attention span of a goldfish, and the rough encounter was all but forgotten by now.

The roar startled her a bit, mostly because she wasn't aware of anyone apart of Tanglewood that could make such a sound, which the exception of the neighborhood friendly purple dragon, but it didn't sound hostile enough to keep her from wandering on over to poke her head through the foliage to observe what made the majestic noise. To her surprise, it was the glorious Roseblood beast that captivated her attention at the prior run in.

"Hey, it's you!" The much smaller Tanglewood feline stepped out from where she had been hiding, getting as close to the water Bai Shi was floating in without actually getting in. Didn't trust it, and bugs were icky. "What are you doing here, ya magnificent bastard?" Her whiskers twitched, keeping her tone lighthearted to make sure her foul mouthed way of speaking didn't come off as angry.

Re: awakening my sparrow heart // rb visit + request - teef - 01-05-2019

[color=#7E354D]BAI SHI

warmth colored their gaze as arrow appeared, the dragon opening their eyes to look her over, "mmyup. it's me." they laughed, relaxed and calm as they hummed. leaving the water, they padded onto the territory, shaking off some of the water on their body.

"today I come alone, without pharaoh nor groupmates. I come with some food and a request if it can be so asked. I also bring opportunities with me. the rosebloods are offering sparring with tanglewood, and our first session could be held today." they murmured, setting down the basket of food in arrow's reach so she could sniff around.

Re: awakening my sparrow heart // rb visit + request - Crow Roux - 01-07-2019

[align=center]action — "speech"thoughts
PHYSICALLY HARD | MENTALLY MEDIUM | MAGICALLY MEDIUM | ATTACK IN [b]#757f96[/b]
[div style="background: linear-gradient(to right, #464C5A, #757f96, #464C5A); width: 500px; height: 2px;"]

"Hm." A soft hum of interest escaped the feline's lips when he too appeared behind Arrow, his eyes squinted at Bai Shi as the reptile rose out of the marsh. "You sure you trust that water?" Funny how that was his first concern, but hey, out in the boonies it was best to be cautious.

"But... go ahead. What do you need?"

Re: awakening my sparrow heart // rb visit + request - teef - 01-07-2019

[color=#7E354D]BAI SHI

an amused look slipped over their face, "I trust this water more than the water at home. I come asking tanglewood's help in finding a water elemental who would be able to aid us in removing the poison that has been instilled in our waters. we are all close to war, nobody is safe from the echoes of the call in our blood. we are not willing to see our family and friends die because of some foolish enemy who wants to set it all ablaze." they speak, a sorrow in their voice as their mind drifted back to distant memories.

taking a breath, they shook their head and body, steadying themselves. "i have nothing more to offer than a wartime and peacetime alliance with the rosebloods should all go well for everyone in the war that swells at the edges of vision. the food i bring is a reinforcement of our goodwill and intent to stay allied with tanglewood. the sparring is an open invitation to all, a way to get out any physical aggression against either side and to grow stronger together."

Re: awakening my sparrow heart // rb visit + request - Crow Roux - 01-21-2019

[align=center]action — "speech"thoughts
PHYSICALLY HARD | MENTALLY MEDIUM | MAGICALLY MEDIUM | ATTACK IN [b]#757f96[/b]
[div style="background: linear-gradient(to right, #464C5A, #757f96, #464C5A); width: 500px; height: 2px;"]

His eyebrows softened as he listened to the dragon's predicament, any tease left in them escaping like the soft breeze that ruffled his cheeks. "I can help you... I think," he mused, wracking his brain for the last time he bent water. To be truthful, it was a while, but a feeling inside him was telling him he was able to do it.  "I could head over right away, and... thank you for the gifts."

(I am so sorry for how ridiculously late any response to this is)

Re: awakening my sparrow heart // rb visit + request - teef - 01-21-2019

[color=#7E354D]BAI SHI

ahhh it's alright, i know that everyone is getting a little busy around this time //

their body showed the immediate relief that they felt at their request being answered, and by one graceful enough to make it seem like not so big of a worry. they could almost weep for joy, it had severely worried them for the last several days.

bowing their head the best that they could, they took a deep shaking breath, "thank you. i ... if there is anything that the rosebloods can do for tanglewood, let us know, let me know." they murmured, feeling the breeze draw along their body. "if you need a way of getting to our territory, i can bring you, if you wish." they murmured gently and softly.

Re: awakening my sparrow heart // rb visit + request - arrow - 01-22-2019

[glow=black,1,400]DID I HIT THE SPOT, PISS YOU OFF, MAKE YOU A FOOL IN FRONT OF EVERYONE — 。+゚.[/glow]
Arrow waited while Crow took over the interaction, getting distracted by at least five different things around her, large green eyes bouncing from the shimmering scales of the Roseblood to some moving branches off in the distance being shaken by the breeze. She did frown, however, at the mention of the current state of the water. Poison? Yikes. And ew. "I uh, I'll go with you! If I let you go on your own, i'm pretty sure someone would skin me. " And of course, she felt a strong yank towards the idea of looking around, but she'd long since forgotten why.

Re: awakening my sparrow heart // rb visit + request - teef - 01-24-2019

[color=#7E354D]BAI SHI

a warm chuckled left the dragon, watching the interaction between the duo, their eyes humored. "alright. do you want to travel on foot, or by dragon-back?" they asked in a content rumble, fine with the choice either way. the way into the desert was harsh, and it's not everyday you got offered a ride on a dragon.

//sorry its short//