Beasts of Beyond
Permanently leaving + gem giveaway - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Welcoming Board (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Departures (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+---- Thread: Permanently leaving + gem giveaway (/showthread.php?tid=8728)

Permanently leaving + gem giveaway - nefarius - 12-25-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 600px; min-height: 8px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; color:; padding: 20px"][size=8pt]
Since joining the site when it first loaded up, and having been there during the earlier days of its creation, I never suspected that I would tire of it so soon despite my on/off relationship with it. For a time it felt like the first home that I had since FF,  and I was grateful for the opportunity to help out when it was a baby.

Unfortunately, I had yet to completely integrate myself into the community as it wasn't my cup of tea.  Issues popped up and I never truly felt apart of it and I experienced that loss every time I logged on. While it caused me several misgivings, it was never truly worth the emotional turmoil, and so now I am leaving to respect my own wishes. I would respectfully rather not stay in a place where I both feel no apparent attachment to the community or feel as if I'm particularly wanted.

I joined this site for second chances as was advertised and received none. This blame does not fall on the staff, as that is out of their control. This is not a rant about them, or a rant in general, just a first-hand experience and plea for the community to do better and rid themselves of any pre-conceived notions they have of others. I would think that as a people we would strive to not repeat the mistakes of other platforms having all been through it before. I do not want history to repeat itself on BoB, as it is young, growing, and has a lot of potential.

This is a criticism. I wish I could stay to help, but I believe a barrier preventing me from doing that is my past. This is me accepting that it is apart of me and I will now focus on becoming an adult where I was once a child. It took this place to realize this, and I have marked it sourly with a leaving thread, and for that I apologize. I wish it could be different.

In the hope that many will take my advice and do better, I am giving out gems. I have 171k. Just post below stating interest and i'll give them out. I no longer need them.

Lastly, I want to thank a few people for bringing me joy. [member=107]OrionDoggo[/member] [member=1536]TOBOGRINCH[/member] [member=3]Cakie ![/member] [member=18]tricky.[/member] [member=47]persia.[/member] I appreciate you all and I hope you do well for yourselves in the future because you deserve it. All of you taught me to take happiness where it counted in small measures and it's helped a lot. <3

If you want to contact me, my discord is carkus #7601. I'm here if you need to talk, or want support for anything; even if we do not know each other personally.

Good-bye!

[img][/img]

Re: Permanently leaving + gem giveaway - paroxysm. - 12-25-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 55%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: 0px;"]ah i'm super sorry to see you go! i understand though. also i'd be interested in some gems but you don't have to!

Re: Permanently leaving + gem giveaway - tristitia - 12-25-2018

Hey look, my dude. I am sorry about what happened, and even if we did not know each other, I wish you the best of luck.

I'm interested in some gems, but that is not by all means needed. I wish you success!

Re: Permanently leaving + gem giveaway - Cakie ! - 12-26-2018

having you here was a joy while it lasted! i hope you find somewhere else you can call home!

Re: Permanently leaving + gem giveaway - toboggan - 12-26-2018

carkus, you were always super fun to talk to over discord, whether it was making fun of my nationality, or mutually agreeing about food. im wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavours, as you’re a pretty awesome person.

since those gems aint going nowheres else, a good amount of 20k could be swell.

im honoured that you saw me as someone that made you happy. i’ll really miss seeing you around here, i’ll pop in every once in a while on discord to say hi Smile)

have an excellent 2019!!

Re: Permanently leaving + gem giveaway - rhosmari - 12-26-2018

[align=center][div style="0px; width:450px; height:auto; text-align: justify; font-size: 8pt; line-height:13px; color:grey;"]carkus I’m sorry that this has happened to you and you didn’t get the second chance that you were promised. Please keep in contact with me and just look to the future because there is always hope out there and others who will see you for you.

You are a joy to talk with on discord and I love the discussions that we have and I hope we can have many more as well I’m always open to talk to normally all the time lol

As for gems I do not need them so give them to others and all i hope is that you have a wonderful life and a bright future.