Beasts of Beyond
opinions on the typhoon - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: opinions on the typhoon (/showthread.php?tid=8656)

opinions on the typhoon - spacexual - 12-20-2018

heyooo! since my character's recently stepped up as captain, i was hoping for some opinions on the typhoon (can be detailed, simplistic, anything! anything helps.) so i can work on fixing and strengthening it all around. things are under the works right now, so please keep that in mind (adding/removing traditions, events on their way, making a visual map of the territory, etc)! i am happy to hear anything you've got for me. thanks!

Re: opinions on the typhoon - paroxysm. - 12-22-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 55%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: 0px;"]in all honesty i love the typhoon with my all my heart so i may be a little bit biased. the community is pretty friendly and amazing to me, i always feel instantly welcomed in the typhoon's community! i don't think i have really anything to cover besides events but you already have that part covered! maybe more things with allies, a big plot with an enemy group. something like that!

Re: opinions on the typhoon - axiom - 12-23-2018

[align=center]
I think the ooc community is great! But I do feel like, at least when I was there, there were certain people who would get more attention with plots and stuff than others.

I also remember there being a problem with thread replies. People usually wouldn't reply more than once to one of my threads, and most of the private threads I made were not posted in.

It got really hard to keep muse there, as I felt my character wasn't able to grow from lack of meaningful interaction/plots.

Re: opinions on the typhoon - Whisper - 12-24-2018

The typhoon was the first clan i ever joined on the site, and I've been around it for, a good bit. soo... bias maybe?

It takes time for someone to introduce their character enough for other people to be interested in their plots, at least this is how it has always been seen by me (& my own characters) //  have no idea how to combat this, beside maybe more activity in the OOC board with plotting threads? / writing challenges? Maybe monthly prompts to help explore other ocs?

I notice that a lot of the community seems a lightly flighty with longer term plots so maybe involvement with clan plotting // something that will not only get the rest of em posting in a main thread but encouraging them to make their own threads around the current clan plot. (i.e. a nightmre before Christmas? Goldie steals what is assumed to be santa claws and the entire typhoon has to make some way to give gifts to everyone!) 

&& I totally agree with paro on the fact that they could drag allies into clan plots, and maybe just get more involved with the general world-wide scale. Maybe they can all specialize in weaponizing & become a major export? Maybe they just start going around on pirate raids, stealing stuff from other clans that they find valuable (hostages (brownie points if it's an ally's hostage that they can release), herbs, weapons, gems idek) I want the typhoon to be known for something. If we are pirates we should definitely start acting like it! /(owo)/

lmao i am definitely biased, i love the typhoon with all my heart and only want the best for the place <3 hope this helps ^^

Re: opinions on the typhoon - spacexual - 12-24-2018

thank you for all the feedback + suggestions so far!! also, i'm sorry about any negative experiences. i'll try to prevent any of that happening in the future <3

Re: opinions on the typhoon - Quill - 12-24-2018

Kinda echoing in here too! I loved the Typhoon, I've had a few characters in it over a while, and even back on good ol' FF with Leviathan and cheets still. One the predominant issues is one that people kinda keep bringing up. In my experience, the chat was always really large, and while you could get involved and everyone was super nice, it was hard to see much of that offline-community on-site. It was hard for me to get replies on my posts, and there wasn't just enough that made me feel involved in the community, even though I was a part of it if that makes any sense. Like I knew I was there and I had people who were really interested in my character, but it was hard to get anywhere with it, and it felt like longer-term plots didn't really have an impact.

But the Typhoon is a great clan, and I love the idea of having more stuff with allies or more events. (and congrats on the promo spacey!)