Beasts of Beyond
i'm just like you . introduction - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: i'm just like you . introduction (/showthread.php?tid=8607)

i'm just like you . introduction - Whisper - 12-18-2018

[table][tr][td]
[Image: a.gif]
[/td][td]
BOY KING
"take me into your heart , accept me as your savior nail me to the fucking cross and let me be reborn" — an antagonist with a silver tongue , a pirate with nothing to loose and everything to gain . vaas montenegro ; he who lives to fight demons should be weary he himself does not become one ." it's not like i am fucking crazy — "
[/td][/tr][/table]
the sun was high, and in the deep recess of the island - never quite was there a quiet place. on the border's the sea crashed and further inland the sounds of prey and prey-mate alike was heard. tranquility didn't always mean quiet , and the background noise of the tiger's land was soothing . white blanket noise . for the longest time he was content with the way things were. content with the clans that passed - the groups that settled and moved as briskly as they did . and as they passed : they all did eventually - wither calamity or scarcity , the native's stayed, and if they were lucky, those left behind would be merged into the native that lived. taught the ways that vaas had grown to pace with. or be cast out into the sea as they reclaimed the lands that were lost to them.

At least, these are stories , and the typhoon- as these étrangers called themselves - where not the first. But it was the one that he grew around - that he learned from as fluidly as he did his mere. walking between gaps in other's notice, slipping between their important landmarks and fading into the obscurity of the jungle. even now , the typhoon knew little of the lands they called their own , such as the ocean was vast- the jungle deep. creatures lurked deeper in. and a culture mostly hidden in plain sight even to the mass of it's population.

Callous, bold and daring , the young menace grew up pampered and respected . prey falling easy under tooth and claw , typhoon's own landmarks and prey-mate's interesting enough to watch , but never interact with. he was spoiled, the younger brother of a strong family line. strong heirs - strong women ; no one noticed the males of his like being just as ferocious or intense. He hid it too under clever rouse , lazy and eccentric . merciless , a dog held tightly on a thin leash. a fine warrior if he ever saw something to fight for or defend , beside bringing in food for his family he did little else.

funny how it all ends , huh?

it wasn't as if he was running away from home . if there was one thing he knew , it was loyalty . drilled deep into his brain - family was everything. he couldn't leave - wouldn't be able to live with that sin on his back , so he just . . . he needed a break . he needed a shift in positions , and if these dégénérés were good at anything , it was a distraction , something he desperately needed , at least until he could sort out this perfect warrior merde his sister was spewing out.

it has been a while since he had shown his face towards the clan that live in his home , and if anyone saw him then - they didn't make comment or try to stop him from slipping out . now , he was thinking of his place among the clan becoming a bit more permanent , at least it would keep his fucking sister off his back.

The jostle of drunkards , the foul stench of booze wafted from the tavern , it wasn't vaas' first time in the capricorn tavern, but it would be the first time he actually showed himself . dark green eyes glinting with interest as he claimed a seat for himself. tail flicking behind him as he sat down , a scotch set on the bar for him , the burn as sooth as he last remembered. He didn't drink much before , maybe it was time to change that. 

Re: i'm just like you . introduction - PEPPINO - 12-18-2018

[align=center]
Peppino didn't like the tavern. He could remember the fire, which he was wary of in general, and the tavern had never been...healthy. He didn't approve of the boozing, but there was little he could do beyond make suggestions. Considering all the other activities Typhooners indulged in, alcohol was the least likely to get them killed, considering long-term use was the main issue, and so few of them would likely live long enough for that. It was a dour thought that he didn't like. He wanted to give them the best quality of life as he could, to ensure their health didn't fail them prematurely, but they seemed so set on making his work difficult. It was frustrating.

The young canine was rarely in the tavern. He couldn't explain why he was here today- it definitely wasn't for the sake of trying out what was on tap. There was a desire to check in with everyone, make certain no one was overindulging, and it was after recommending that someone call it a night that he noticed a stranger. Of a sorts. He couldn't claim to know everyone in The Typhoon. "Are you planning on drinking much?" The tiger was much larger than he was, but Pip wasn't intimidated by it. He was born here, after all, where so many creatures of hulking size regularly puttered about. "I only ask so I know how many people I'll need to treat for hangovers."
[align=right][i]INFORMATION