Beasts of Beyond
some thoughts on the pitt - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: some thoughts on the pitt (/showthread.php?tid=8525)

some thoughts on the pitt - emil - 12-14-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 600px; padding: 10px; height: auto; overflow: auto;"][div style="width: 550px; padding: 0px; line-height: 13px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt;"]first of all!! i would like to stress that this is in no way me trying to be rude. i noticed a few things in the pitt that could use some changes and wanted to sorta bring attention to them and also hear from other perspectives and anyone else who may have thoughts to share on the matter.

while i know the whole site and not just the pitt has been lacking in activity recently with holiday season in full bloom, the pitt's inactivity has been constant for a little while now, and worsened in the recent months from what i have seen. part of this comes from high positions, especially leadership. part of the reason i believe the pitt is inactive is because the leadership is not active, and such can easily be told by looking at the guide, which hasnt been updated since october. two months ago. its a huge turn away and doesnt really encourage joiners or activity because they dont know whats happening or what has changed in the clan in that amount of time. another little thing i noticed is the stuff on slavery; a lot of people icly dont seem to agree with it so why not just abolish it? theres not a ton happening with it and its a fairly controversial concept.. why keep it?

i just wanted to bring this all to light bc i think the idea and concept of the pitt is very cool and interesting!! i actually just joined with another character, but the inactivity has for a while now warded me off. i want the pitt to succeed cuz the community is lovely and seeing it go inactive breaks my heart ; ;

Re: some thoughts on the pitt - spacey - 12-14-2018

track because im a lil bit curious abt this as well

Re: some thoughts on the pitt - COSMIIX - 12-14-2018

(12-14-2018, 02:53 PM)SPACEY link Wrote:track because im a lil bit curious abt this as well

Re: some thoughts on the pitt - Beatles. - 12-14-2018

(12-14-2018, 02:55 PM)HOLLYBENT link Wrote:[quote author=SPACEY link=topic=9309.msg57271#msg57271 date=1544813593]
track because im a lil bit curious abt this as well
[/quote]

Re: some thoughts on the pitt - vvintersoldier - 12-14-2018

tracking & bringing up to orion & other staff !!

Re: some thoughts on the pitt - rakue - 12-15-2018

edited the message - directly picking out members and your problems with them in a public post is against the rules. if you have an issue with someone and need to use their name or it relates to them or the group they lead, go to them directly or go to a member of staff (or in this case, a different member of staff) with your concerns. you're always more than welcome to voice your concerns and criticisms of any aspect of the site, including groups!! but remember to leave names out of it in public spaces as a courtesy

that being said, i agree with a lot of this!! i think the pitt has a lot of potential but just needs an extra kick and a little more spice to get it back on its feet. the guide being so outdated is definitely a Yikes, its what deterred me from joining the pitt a while back because i had no idea what was actually going on in the clan hp wise or even territory wise since any change wouldnt be reflected in it

Re: some thoughts on the pitt - emil - 12-15-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 600px; padding: 10px; height: auto; overflow: auto;"][div style="width: 550px; padding: 0px; line-height: 13px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt;"]aight

Re: some thoughts on the pitt - axiom - 12-15-2018

[align=center]
ayyye let me jump in and address some of this

yeah, hps being inactive is a problem with the pitt, but that seems to be a thing going on with groups in general with the holiday season lol?? like i know orion threw up a holiday notice w/ bad family news, and i've been busy moving. but i also think that this isn't unique to the pitt right now, there's a few other groups that are pretty inactive rn because of the season.

also, i don't see how we don't have events up? we keep rotating weekly tasks (orion handled ooc tasks this week, i usually handle the ic weekly tasks) and right now we have 2 sticked events (secret santa and gingerbread making). we also have ooc threads in the ooc board for generating event ideas and ideas for fun stuff like theme weeks. orion and i are both really friendly with events, you could post there or message us directly for event suggestions! Big Grin

as for the stuff on slavery -- yes it is very unpopular ic, but that generates a lot of plots for the pitt. a lot of characters that play in the pitt were former slaves or are slavers, which generates ic friction and adds to a lot of plots. like cake's previous leader (who i can't spell his name forgive me pls) was a former slave, stryker is an active slaver who mindwhipes members from other clans for really interesting plots, and we have a few "escaped slave" characters running around outside the clan that help feed into plots for the pitt. also there's the war with sunhaven and ninazu gonna throw shade at rosebloods once that's over + i come up with ideas

and tbh the clan is picking up in activity partly because of the events we do and the slavery -- as far as i can see, anyway, because we have at least one character currently walking around that is an ex-slave. so while i can see why some people would think that the slavery thing is weird to keep, it helps keep the pitt unique and generates a lot of plots for the clan.

as for the guide, tbh i never actually noticed -- i haven't really looked at guides in a while, but i can see what you mean about needing it to be updated. we can get on that and be better with it!

Re: some thoughts on the pitt - emil - 12-16-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 600px; padding: 10px; height: auto; overflow: auto;"][div style="width: 550px; padding: 0px; line-height: 13px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt;"]i understand that a majority of the inactivity is due to the holiday season and not unique to just the pitt. as u can see, i already addressed that. on a separate note, from what i noticed, most everywhere else has found some way around that or is at least trying to. up until Just Now actually the pitt was likely the most inactive clan save for maybe the rosebloods. not a ton was being done to boost activity until this thread was brought up which, im glad it helped bring attention to it, but... yknow

i never mentioned events i believe, but looking at the board, all there is is a secret santa and gingerbread houses. i wouldnt really consider ooc/ic tasks being events as they are fairly common everywhere else. however if i do happen to come up with any suggestions for events i will be sure to bring it up in the ooc board/directed thread.

ill admit the slavery is good for plots. idk what else to say LOL u make a good point there. my only point is morality, but lately ive noticed a few slaver/slave/ex-slave characters. anything to further development i suppose

the guide has been something thats irked me for a while, as it was updated once after strykers promotion and then left to basically collect dust (until sky saved us). its a big deterrent to potential joiners as they dont know whats going on unless they shuffle through all the threads that have taken place since its last update and i dunno about anyone else but my attention span is that of a goldfish and the kind of. abandonment of it kept me away for a while. i hope its better taken care of from now on !!

thank u for ur input. u make good points. take a christmas cookie for participating i appreciate ur presence

Re: some thoughts on the pitt - nefarius - 12-16-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 550px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; color:; padding: 20px"]Just offering a few points on this, sorry if I come off in the wrong way.

For the most part it's understandable that one would find concern with the inactivity and the "lack" of attention being given to the group, but as someone who has lead The Pitt and has gone through a stressful situation like the one the leader is going through now (due to their multiple apologies & notices on behalf of their absence) it's still note-worthy that they are trying, are posting, and definitely are trying to interact with the community through plotting threads. I.e., the holiday threads & the weekly tasks. As a bystander the only problem I have is with the guide, and since it's already been updated... /shrug/. All we have to do is try better next time and hope that it doesn't happen again.

I think it's good to remind yourself that it takes two to tango, so to speak. Encouragement, bringing fresh ideas to the table and offering to help would bring activity up -- it shouldn't always have to be up to the leader to carry all of the baggage. If anything, it just makes it worse for everyone if one person (or two, in this case) are doing all the work. I see that situation happening with The Pitt, and I really think it would be easier for everyone if we brought matters like this to maybe the discord server instead so we as a group can discuss it together and try to make it better as I know that would bring a lot more attention to it since not all the active members will see it here. Smile