Beasts of Beyond
win this fight tonight / training + sparring - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: win this fight tonight / training + sparring (/showthread.php?tid=8517)

win this fight tonight / training + sparring - clarence a. - 12-13-2018

While nothing terrible had happened since the murder at the border, with all the aggression the Pitt had towards Sunhaven, Clarence was starting to think it might be a good idea to suggest, perhaps, that Ascendants should prepare for the worst. If the Pitt was attacking Sunhaven and Ascendants had just become neutrals with the other group, it was only a matter of time before something came. Besides, with all the other dangerous, feral animals around, it was a good idea that they be prepared for any emergency. Then there was the fact that, despite himself, he did miss the training that he'd had aboard the Queen Charlotte. He didn't miss being forced to do it, but he did miss exercising with others. While he had his own routine and he was getting more than enough exercise to keep away any sort of cabin fever (although he wasn't sure how he could get such a thing now, after being stuck on the sea for months at a time), but he still missed some of the interaction that came with his old crew. So, he was outside and he'd set up a few homemade obstacles. They were rather rickety but he thought it'd be more fun for those who were too young, or simply didn't want to, spar. "If anyone is interested in exercising or sparring, I've decided to set up a course," the man called, settling down to wait for his clanmates to arrive. He hoped it was alright to call such an event on his own accord, despite the fact he hadn't really asked Atticus or anyone about it. 
LISTEN UP; HEAR THE PATRIOTS SHOUT
BLOOD LUST IN A HOLY WAR
© LEXASPERATED

Re: win this fight tonight / training + sparring - ORPHEUS - 12-13-2018

[align=center][div style="max-width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 9.5pt; line-height: 1.4;letter-spacing:.1px"]Without knowing anything of Orpheus's past, it would be difficult to understand why he's so pleased to hear that someone is setting up a spar. What it boiled down to was that he was tougher than you'd think, solid, lean musculature hidden under thick fur and all of his experience hidden in the way his steps bounce. Like Clarence, his dad (everything was about him, wasn't it?) had always thought it best to be prepared. Once the tiger realized that he alone wasn't enough to protect Orpheus from the world, he'd learned how to protect himself. Jumping through some hoops to get that feeling back — the excitement at learning new things, the closeness that came from figuring out how someone fights — well, that's not all that weird, is it? He's bounding towards the obstacles as soon as he hears about them, slowing down to inspect them and the man that had set them up. "What kind of exercising do you do?"

Re: win this fight tonight / training + sparring - ATTICUS - 12-15-2018

―――― "I wouldn't mind a spar," Kit mused softly as he, too, was called over by Clarence's call, offering a small touch of a smile to the man as he inspected the obstacle course he had set up. While it looked a bit rickity, he supposed that the children really wouldn't mind, and it would perhaps provide more of a challenge for anyone that decided to undertake it in the first place.  Though, Kit was pleased that Clarence had taken the initiative to set something up. Even though it wasn't some big, grand event, Kit had a feeling it would somehow still be memorable, or at the very least, partly educational. While he couldn't be certain as to how educational it would be, other than getting in some practice and being more active, it would at least be fun. "It looks nice, Clarence. Thank you for taking the time to put it together," he would acknowledge with a faint dip of his head, before turning to find a place to sit and wait for someone else that was willing to give sparring a shot.
  [color=black][b]

Re: win this fight tonight / training + sparring - clarence a. - 12-18-2018

Clarence smiled lightly as he saw both Orpheus and Atticus arriving, although he did recognize that an odd number of participants presented a unique problem. He wasn't sure they'd all be able to spar at once, but he'd figure something out. At Orpheus' question, the man paused a moment before replying, "In my... When I was on the Queen Charlotte, everything was very... tight together. I suppose that'd be a good way to put it. Anyway, I did any exercise that was required which was quite a bit of running on the deck and then various drills of all sorts. I couldn't list or repeat them all. Outside of the required practice, I also ran in my own spare time. There was quite a bit of that in the Navy. Every morning and every night I'd run on the deck as long as there was nothing else that needed tending to and the weather allowed it. It was a good way to clear my mind and pass some time. Here, it's the same way. Honestly, I'm not sure what other exercising to do in this... in this form." That much was definitely true. Clarence wasn't sure what to do in this body. He wasn't sure exactly what he should be eating or what exercises he should be doing, ideally. He just kind of dragged around some heavy rocks on occasion and made sure to run at least once or twice a day. He seemed to be staying in shape, so he supposed he wasn't doing anything wrong.

"Wonderful," The word came easily and was paired with a warm smile when Atticus expressed his own interest. He gave a light nod of appreciation at the next compliment, unable to hide his growing smile. "Thank you for thinking so. I just wanted to create something functional, though, so I'm afraid it isn't anything too impressive," he admitted. He then paused a moment, looking between the two men. "Well, unless someone else arrives, it seems we have an odd number of participants. Perhaps we could start with two and then the remaining individual could face the victor? And we can go on like that until we've gotten too tired or there aren't any techniques left to try out," he proposed. It seemed like the quickest solution without changing the nature of the spar itself. His eyes were then drawn to Orpheus and he quickly added, "Assuming you'd like to spar, of course. If not, Atticus and I could spar while you take on the obstacle course."   
LISTEN UP; HEAR THE PATRIOTS SHOUT
BLOOD LUST IN A HOLY WAR
© LEXASPERATED