Beasts of Beyond
live life for the moment // o - task + jewelry class - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: live life for the moment // o - task + jewelry class (/showthread.php?tid=850)

live life for the moment // o - task + jewelry class - radeken - 04-22-2018

Okay. Jewelry making. First thing’s first: Radeken had to get stuff.

Finding glue and wire and twine and beads or things to make beads from had chewed up most of her day. A lot of it was simple wooden bits with the rare nicely-shaped pebble or piece of glass or warped metal. About a quarter of it looked to be actual charms nicked from someone’s necklace or bracelet. She had a few metal tools on standby for if anyone wanted to take a shot at carving something into their baubles.

She had it set out neatly in a space that was also occupied by blankets and towels and the same pillows she had used at her party. Radeken at least wanted a cozy atmosphere if she was going to fail at this.

She had managed to dig up a book that had a brief section on the history of jewelry from assorted cultures. By eyeballing the illustrations, she had managed to painstakingly weave something that resembled a choker as a test run for herself and an example for others. It’ll do, I guess.

Radeken didn’t know how exactly she was going to make this work, but, whatever. She would.  “[color=#40bf40]Hey! If you want to make a little something for yourself or someone else, I can try to show you how.

Re: live life for the moment // o - task + jewelry class - Margaery - 04-22-2018

[glow=GLOWCOLOR,2,300]▶ MARGAERY FOLIE - tags - THE ASCENDANTS - OBSERVER - SHE/HER- FELINE ◀[/glow]
Margaery really had never made anything by hand for herself or another person. Typically, she enlisted in the help of someone else to get it done, finding that that was by far easier. Perhaps that could change after this though. Wandering over, the chocolate point made special note of all the tools that Radeken had out for display. She's certainly doing a good job with all this, she decided, sitting down. [color=black]"I'll try my hand at this but I doubt I'm any good."

Re: live life for the moment // o - task + jewelry class - Suiteheart - 04-22-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 530px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; padding: 20px"]Suiteheart had to admit that this was pretty impressive. Radeken had found a plethora of different oddities for making jewelry. She had even found a book about making jewelry. To say she was impressed was an understatement.

Padding over, she took a seat near Margaery (though not too close). "This is gonna be fucking cool," she murmured with a smile. She was already sifting through ideas in her mind. She wanted to make something for the souls, her daughters. Maybe she could make them matching bracelets. Yeah, that would be cool!

Re: live life for the moment // o - task + jewelry class - Character Graveyard. - 04-22-2018

LUNAFREYA N.F.
✯ — take these broken wings and learn to fly
space
Huh, a jewelry class. How interesting. The snowy-white serval had walked over to the group of her fellow Clanmates and took a seat. "Do you happen to have a crescent-moon charm and a long plain necklace?" She asked, her ears flickering in the direction of Rade.
space
✯ — Luna. The Ascedants. Easy. — ✯
#psychosocial.

Re: live life for the moment // o - task + jewelry class - radeken - 04-22-2018

[color=#40bf40]That’s alright. Be bad at it.” Radeken shrugged. Being bad at something like this was no reason not to do it, so she was pleased that it wasn’t stopping ‘Margaret’. Radeken pushed the book toward her and ‘Hotelsuites’. “[color=#40bf40]I think maybe it’s cheating to just shirk the teaching bit and tell you to look it all up but also that book does a way better job of helping than I ever could so.” She admitted, unbothered by that fact.

Radeken peered at Lunafreya. Are you asking because I might’ve stolen something from you?[color=#40bf40]Erm, I found loads of stuff. If you can’t find an exact charm I could help you carve one, if you want. Plenty of simple strings and chains, though.” She answered nonchalantly.

Re: live life for the moment // o - task + jewelry class - Character Graveyard. - 04-22-2018

LUNAFREYA N.F.
✯ — take these broken wings and learn to fly
space
Luna was unaware of the fact that Radeken was a thief, so she shuffled her paws in slight discomfort when the other peered closely at her and she took a step back. "Uh, I suppose I can look for one, but I don't happen to find one, I'll let you know." She said before getting up and walking over to the pile of jewelry Rade had found.
space
✯ — Luna. The Ascedants. Easy. — ✯
#psychosocial.

Re: live life for the moment // o - task + jewelry class - BASTILLEPAW - 04-22-2018

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
BASTILLEPAW AURELIUS  ✧
the ascendants — kuiper corporal — tags
[div style="background-color: #e3dfdf; width: 305px; border-bottom: 1px solid black; border-left: 1px solid black; border-right: 1px solid black; padding: 10px; line-height: 110%; word-wrap: break-word; text-align: justify; margin: auto; color: black; font-family: Georgia; text-size: 6pt"]
Bastille rarely took to any sort of accessories. He didn't like to be weighed down, and had never seen a use for most sort of things. There was one thing he had always and would always wear, however, and that was the french coin that hung around his neck on a thin leather strap. He wasn't horribly sentimental towards his late mother, but he would always wear her gift. Bast would feel off balance without its usual weight, honestly.

He didn't really need any more jewelry, but he could see Luna joining the group and decided to join them, eyeing Rad's mess of (likely stolen) goods. He rolled his eyes at the use of the word "found" and coughed, shooting her a pointed look. A moment later, he pawed through the pile of pendants, conjuring a little moon one under his paw as he did so. "Here," he commented, dragging the moon towards him and sliding it towards Luna, evidently pretending he just so happened to conveniently locate one. "A moon, yeah?"

Re: live life for the moment // o - task + jewelry class - Suiteheart - 04-23-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 530px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; padding: 20px"]Suiteheart let a laugh tumble out of her lips at Radeken's comment. "The fact that you're even attempting my silly little task is enough, dude," she answered, opening the book and searching for charm bracelets. Once she found the page, she skimmed it lightly, only stopping to read carefully over the bolder words.

After her reading, the white feline went to work searching for charms. She tried to think about what the souls liked the most, but she was afraid she would get things wrong. She didn't want that. So carefully, she picked through the assortment of goodies until she came across 9 charm-like objects: three hearts in purplish hues, three little silver flowers (that she hoped were lilies, but she was not the flower expert), and three somethings that looked like a leaf which Suite would call an herb.

The observer then selected twine and began gently weaving the materials together, hoping to create something beautiful. To make a long story short, she had to restart. Twice. Even so, by the second time, her braids were neater and her charms were more evenly spaced. Suiteheart also decided to leave places for a few more charms to go, so should the souls ever find something, they could easily place it on their respective bracelet.

When she was finished, she sat back with a little grin. Three completed charm bracelets. Man, she really hoped she would get to give this to her kiddos soon. Matching bracelets were still cool, right?