Beasts of Beyond
will you talk to god? | joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: The Typhoon (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: will you talk to god? | joining (/showthread.php?tid=8471)

will you talk to god? | joining - pallid-i - 12-11-2018

A large, sopping wet creature dragged themselves onto the land of the island and slumped down. Everything felt heavy. Wool was clinging to them and that felt suffocating. The strange creature let out a low 'baaa' and went quiet, later shown to be sleeping rather than dead. It probably wouldn't take too much to wake the creature up, though the reaction they would get out of waking them up was anyone's guess.

Re: will you talk to god? | joining - Luca - 12-12-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; border-width:0; width: 70%; text-align: justify; line-height: 1.5; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt;"]Admittedly, he was still getting used to life on the island. He didn't like the humidity or the sand, or the way that he could feel people's eyes on him as he moved. His body glided close to the ground as he walked in an effort to make himself look smaller, but it didn't seem to help the whispers and sideways glances he'd receive. It was odd knowing that he'd had a life here before, months of memories gone down the drain. Sometimes familiar images or words would flirt with the edges of his conscious mind, but they never quite came within reach. It was undeniable that this was the place though, as obvious as the tang of salt in the air as it brushed against his tongue.

An unfamiliar sound rose above the crashing of waves against shore and broke him from his thoughts. His tongue ran quickly across his lips, brow crinkling in thought. He came across something new every day of living on this island, and rarely was it worth checking out. Still, he had nothing better to do, he supposed. He rolled his shoulders in a halfhearted stretch and altered his course, honing in on the source of the noise with those handy enhanced senses of his. It didn't take long for him to close in, like usual, and soon he was blinking at the collapsed form of an animal he couldn't quite recognise. He squinted, but when his brain couldn't come up with a satisfactory answer, he merely shrugged and moved closer, bringing his face down to the creature's neck. His fangs weren't long enough to pierce through arteries, but if he was going to take this think home he wanted to make sure they stayed down. He opened his mouth, and then lunged forwards, closing his teeth swiftly around the wooly form beneath him.

//permission to powerplay given by eyelidd uwu

Re: will you talk to god? | joining - pallid-i - 12-12-2018

The first thing Luca would notice as he bit down on their neck, was the foul taste. The taste of death. Then the creature's eyes flew open, and they let out a roar. The beast jerked up and shook rather aggressively, trying to shake off the attacking presence. As they shook, more of their body became exposed and muscles and bone were exposed. They were like a walking corpse, but still feeling.. Still alive and capable of thought.

Re: will you talk to god? | joining - Luca - 12-13-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; border-width:0; width: 70%; text-align: justify; line-height: 1.5; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt;"]He had taken this opportunity because, for once, he was alone with a perfectly good piece of prey. At least, that's what he had thought at first. It didn't take long for the taste of death to seep onto his tongue, a combination of sweet rot and sour juices. Luca fell back as quickly as he had attacked, watching the monstrous creature shake skin from muscle and muscle from bone. His nose crinkled and ears fell back, tongue poking half out his mouth to try and recover from the horrid taste. He was no stranger to death, people learned this about him quickly. In fact, he chased it. This wasn't the kind of death he craved, though. This wasn't fresh and bloody, the slow fading of warmth and weakening of heartbeats. This was rotten, putrid, wrong. Just his luck that the only lonesome, defenceless animal tasted like the devil. One thought lingered on his mind and the tip of his tongue, a single question bubbling up from the depths of his soul.

"What the fuck? What the fuck?!"

Re: will you talk to god? | joining - bubblegum - 12-13-2018

Re: will you talk to god? | joining - pallid-i - 12-13-2018

There was a low rumble that turned into a loud growl, and milky white eyes narrowed. Then, a masculine voice broke past his lips. "Am I the threat?" The undead creature was male. An incredibly pissed off male.

"He attacked me." He made his way over to them on shaky feet, trembling rather violently. He towered over them and stared, skeletal tail tip twitching. "I was about to become food if it weren't for me being disgusting." He wasn't ashamed of being disgusting. Life was just like that sometimes. You die, you find yourself alive again, and you're rotting.

Re: will you talk to god? | joining - Luca - 12-14-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; border-width:0; width: 70%; text-align: justify; line-height: 1.5; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt;"]Luca appeared to sober up somewhat when Goldie's voice met his ears, pulling his eyes from Skeleton Key and towards the pregnant bengal. Metaphorical brows pinched together, turning his expression into a displeased sort of frown, and he took another step back from the undead creature. It was no use, however, as the being was soon advancing on the both of them. Luca licked the taste of rot away from his lips, the edges of his mouth curling slightly with disgust. "How was I supposed to know you weren't an enemy, just lying there on our beach?" He asked, trying to justify himself with bullshit reasoning. There was a hint of smug satisfaction hiding behind his angry expression, dancing just out of reach in the back of his throat. "Maybe ya personality's as rotten as your body." The accusation was matched with the beginnings of a smile, and his back straightened, lifting his head to stare up at the towering form of the hybrid.

Re: will you talk to god? | joining - bubblegum - 12-16-2018