Beasts of Beyond
starin' into open flame . character hub - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Biographies (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: starin' into open flame . character hub (/showthread.php?tid=8455)

starin' into open flame . character hub - Whisper - 12-10-2018

"how do you make a monster - stop feeling so monstrous?

you give her something she can hold , in her palms . . . without crushing . Give her something sweet and tell her to keep it .

you wipe the blood from her hands .  you say her name , over and over . like absolution . "
As i explore parts of myself, never before have i been captivated by villainy - more so than i have walking through my character's eyes. that is not to say that all of them are villains, but none of them are truly saints. what can i say? I'm a sucker for a redemption arc, specially when the protagonist has to suffer for it.

table of contents
Argus - Active - Coalition of the Condemned
Ament - casual - The typhoon
Hebi - casual - the elyisum
Hal - inactive - loner
Sur'na - wip - tanglewood
Jack - active - the pitt
Lawkit - wip - the typhoon
Virgil - casual - the pitt
Vass - casual - palmclan
Innortis - inactive - loner

Re: starein' into open flame . character hub - ARGUS - 12-10-2018

(11-20-2018, 01:38 AM)ARGUS link Wrote:
there are memories - distant , sometimes close - too close. they are not your own- they belong to someone else, someone who came before you. you are all one entity, you want to be your own person - you want to be different than them. You were given life in their names- in their ashes. you feel them all under your skin, quiet like the blood, deep like the bones. they are quiet now, you know better than to trust that.

you are the afterimage their rage.

you are their hope for a future.

you have to survive

you have to fix the mistakes they made.

Re: starein' into open flame . character hub - AMUNET - 12-10-2018

(09-15-2018, 05:22 PM)AMENT . link Wrote:
rage settles deep in your bones .  and rattle war cries every time you move . you are a god in mortal skin . a blessing unto this earth by the realms above , where the ancestors walk and you dare not think . but they made a mistake . . .

these mortals think you savage .

these gods gave you a mind , missing all the right parts to fully grasp it .

you're left gasping between unsteady claws .

until that patience wears thin ,  until rage is all you have left. 

Re: starein' into open flame . character hub - J. ADALGAR - 12-10-2018

(11-24-2018, 01:56 AM)HEBI . link Wrote:
You remember the f i r e

You remember the h u r t

you do not remember your retaliation .

You do not ponder the violence in your skin more than a tool to hunt, and live.

War could be brewing, and you would make the enemy apology sweets as they went home stumbling with broken teeth.

Maybe you remember it all

And maybe, it doesn't matter.

Re: starin' into open flame . character hub - Whisper - 10-15-2019

(06-02-2019, 01:25 AM)HAL . link Wrote:
In another world Hal Anderson was only a single smudge against a new age , a footnote in the hostory books not as a dying race - but as the kick start to the grand crescendo of mindkind's age - one of the few who welcomed what another man created as slaves - and turned them into equals. ( where a man mourns , settles - a lost dog helps him find his way )

Maybe, in another world - Hal's choices could have lead to to a satisfactory end . the world at peace and his heart settled.

maybe , hal was content

but now , it's time for him to find something to be happy for .

Re: starin' into open flame . character hub - SURNA . - 07-10-2020

(07-10-2020, 09:24 PM)SURNA . link Wrote:
Naive child, ignorant foolish little thing - with bleeding heart and weepy eyes and claws plucked- fangs filed down; you are still a creature that craves blood. you are a still a carnivore; unhesitating to double your retaliation. Little naive thing you may be, but innocent- kind- you are not

An introduction to Sur'na Fractul Faber

Re: starin' into open flame . character hub - j a c k . - 07-23-2020

(08-12-2019, 03:45 PM)j a c k . link Wrote:
The cold has never effected you like it has others. Or maybe once it had , as a child chill settled into bones until there was nothing but ice inside your marrow , blood warming soft snow in a beautiful display . Maybe once you could have been warm - been soft , but you know nothing but the cold - nothing but blissful quiet .

An introduction to winter -

Re: starein' into open flame . character hub - Lawlocked - 09-09-2020

(08-09-2020, 09:18 PM)Lawkit link Wrote:
and you are sea-born. the taste of sea, and the sorrow that tinges your pelt are as much a part of you as family. It clings to your pelt and drags at your steps the way you walk. sorrow is a part of you now- small child.

and all you want to do

is h e a l