Beasts of Beyond
The cold - December 8th meeting - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: The cold - December 8th meeting (/showthread.php?tid=8452)

The cold - December 8th meeting - Morgan - 12-10-2018

The slightest hint of a chill could be felt in the air. Thankfully, Tanglewood's winters were hardly what one could call "winters" considering a complete lack of snow. The temperature dropped a minuscule amount for a few months and rose afterward, but otherwise the season was mostly unseen.

Morgan, with his fluffy fur, could hardly even feel what little coolness had spread over the territory. Completely unaffected, he climbed up the stone statue and sat with a neutral expression. There was much to think about after the previous week, and much to do during the next one.

"It's meeting time,"
he began.
"I'll try to be quick since I started late this time."
The samoyed took a breath and spoke once more.
"I want to welcome our newcomers: Charlie, Feverdream, and Maximus. I'm hoping things will go well for you three from now on."
He tried to emote, but could not quite find the strength to do so. Instead, he simply nodded before continuing,
"I'll also give some shout-outs now: one for Beck and one for newcomer Feverdream. I'm glad to be seeing you both around recently."

"Next, I've got a promotion and a badge to give: Aya is now a Chaser, and Jim's going to get a scarf along with the Host badge for being around so often for newcomers. Thank you both."
Once again, Morgan nodded without much emotion, taking a scarf out of his bag and floating it over on a small sheet of ice. He was happy, of course, but the next bits of news kept him from being able to do much with that feeling.
"Now, for some more serious topics. Just recently, another of our Tanglers died. Royalriddler was killed by a member of the Pitt, and if I remembered the scent right... the killer was the Pitt's leader."

The General coughed, then closed his eyes.
"This means it wasn't some rogue Pittian, unlike with the Rosebloods killings. If I'm correct, we have a really big issue to deal with here."
He opened his eyes again, knowing he had to put on his best face for the group before him.
"I'm thinking we'll have to go and face the Pitt, and soon. They've already kidnapped or murdered several of us, and their leader clearly has something to do with it. They... they have to be shut down."

"But first, we need to get strong enough to even attempt this. One of our more prominent Guardsmen, Leroy, suffered from some kind of... thing this week, and was not in very good shape. This cuts down our fighting force by a lot, so I urge you all more than ever to join me for battle training. We need Tanglers who can fight back and strike our opponents down. The close-range training is still happening now, and I'll be setting up long-range training soon too."
It was tough talking to his family as if they were all at risk of being killed, but that truly was the case. The only way to avert it would be to train and better themselves.

"I've read a lot about winter, and I've seen a bit of where Snowbound used to be, and I noticed Tanglewood's not really anything like either of those right now. I figured it'd be nice to make a light-hearted event related to that, so I'll be turning the town square into a 'winter wonderland' sometime this week. There'll be real snow, ice, and a pot of warm stew, so make sure to attend that, too."
As light-hearted as that last announcement was, Morgan still found it hard to smile. He put his bag back around his neck and finally said,
"That'll be it this time. Stay safe, and I'll see you next week."

TL;DR
  • Welcome Charlie, Feverdream, and Maximus!
  • Shout-outs to Beck and Feverdream!
  • Aya is now a Chaser!
  • Jim now has the Host badge!
  • Royalriddler was killed by the Pitt, and Leroy suffered from a stroke.
  • The Pitt will have to be confronted soon, but in the meantime, Morgan suggested battle training to prevent more murders. The current melee battle training thread is still going on, and a second long-range one will be made later in the week.
  • A winter wonderland event will also be made during the week, so look forward to that!

Re: The cold - December 8th meeting - arcy - 12-10-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 65%; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 10pt; text-align: justify;"]The lack of snow is a minor shame, as far as Jim is concerned. It'd been one of his favorite things as a kid -- he'd been bored out of his damn skull, and romping around in it was a respite from his home life. .. Of course, Iowan weather was ... harsh, so sometimes he couldn't go out. He thinks that the fact he chose a warm group of all places was a minor shame.
Right. But the meeting. It was somewhat late -- Jim isn't all too bothered by this. Capt -- Leaderly .... General-lly? Leaderly duties and all that. Jim's forgotten about things sometimes, too. So, Jim is content to be uncaring about this, since he's here every day anyways, what the hell.
The meeting starts off as usual. Greeting newcomers(huh, has Feverdream really been here only a week?), shoutouts. ... Jim is getting a badge. He can't help the smug satisfaction, except that he can, and just doesn't feel like trying. The wolfdog smirks, or grins, or maybe it's some weird hybrid. "Thanks," He says simply, accepting the scarf from the ice. .. It was a neutral color, which was kind of disappointing. And the badge was a heart. Well, he has it now. The wolfdog awkwardly wobbles as he balances to use his front paws to wind the scarf around his neck, pelt sparking with electricity all the while. He'd been reading up on Tanglewood more lately, he just .. had to wear it at meetings. Neutral wasn't his shade, but that was fine. "And congrats, guys. Doin' awesome!" He turns his head to try and seek out those who got shoutouts, and Aya. If he finds them, he'll give them a blinding, crooked grin.
And then the negatives. Jim's ears fall flat once more at the mention of the borzoi, Royalriddler's, death.
Right.
That. The situation is a little upsetting, just in how familiar the scenario was. His pelt continues to spark. How long had this been going on for, before he showed up? His gaze is sharp as he regards Morgan. .. Training. Right. He'd better get started on that. Jim wasn't exactly an expert in battle strategy in this form -- when he was still human was another story. He'd gotten a total restart on his abilities, and an uncontrollable power. This could be worked with. Jim ducks his head in acquiescence. .. He'd always hated sending his crew on dangerous away missions, but he understood, there and here, that it was necessary.
.. The last news is enough for him to put his wariness aside for the moment. Aha! Snow! The wolfdog's tail is undeniably wagging despite his attempts to stop it. Listen, shut up, he's missed the snow. You think he got to see any on a starship, huh? He's been on that thing for years. This would be his first time seeing it in ages.

[glow=black,2,300][/glow]

Re: The cold - December 8th meeting - aya - 12-11-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 55%; font-family: arial; font-size: 10pt; text-align: justify;"]Aya was really struggling to focus on the meeting, but was pleasantly surprised when she heard her own name. She got promoted! Neat! She met Jim's gaze and offered an encouraging grin, since he got a badge, too. "Thank you!" She chirped to Morgan, though her voice sounded distant. She responded in small but appropriate ways to the other news, in a lazily-written post.

tags | updated 11/12: