Beasts of Beyond
DON’T MEAN TO BRAG | open, visitor - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: DON’T MEAN TO BRAG | open, visitor (/showthread.php?tid=8314)

DON’T MEAN TO BRAG | open, visitor - CHERRYWINE - 12-01-2018

[table][tr][td]
[Image: 4dc6882086f72a75b29313d687acf08e.jpg]
[/td][td]
THEY ASKED FOR IT
SHE WORKED HER WAY THROUGH A CHEAP PACK OF CIGARETTES, HARD LIQUOR MIXED WITH A BIT OF INTELLECT. AND ALL THE BOYS, THEY WERE SAYING THEY WERE INTO IT. SUCH A PRETTY FACE, ON A PRETTY NECK, SHE'S DRIVING ME CRAZY
[/td][/tr][/table]
Barbara had found herself growing tired of the Pitt in recent days. Nothing against them, but there just wasn’t much new going on, and she’d begun to drift even more than she already had, almost entirely out of the loop of... well, everything. It was a pretty cool place, to be perfectly honest, but it didn’t quite suit her entertainment needs, so she figured she’d have to make her own. After deciding it was in her best interest to check out somewhere new, perhaps to join, perhaps just to explore a bit, she’d set off, wandering aimlessly until she came across the border of the Ascendants.  After her time out here with animal groups, she’d grown accustomed to the scent lines that typically marked their borders, but unlike many others, they held very little meaning to her. Disregarding the evident borderline, Barb continued onward, calling,  ”Hey, anyone out here? The name’s Barbara- I’m looking for somewhere to stay, I guess.” Might as well get that out of the way before everyone showed up and started bombarding her with questions. Then, they could get to the more important things, like... shit, she’d forgotten- ”Oh, and where am I, by the way?” the fair molly added on, voice carrying over the sloping landscape before her.

Re: DON’T MEAN TO BRAG | open, visitor - ATTICUS - 12-01-2018

------- Looking for somewhere to stay, and yet she had no inclination of where she was. It was a fact that, Atticus had to admit amused him greatly. While he turned his steps towards the voice of the joiner, a common occurance these days, he exhaled easily as he took in the familiar plains of Sunhaven. Despite any drama with alliances as of late, he had to at least admit they were doing well, and their territory, too, was prosperous. Even with the chill of winter setting in, and knowing that their plains would be looking a little more snow-covered as the days drew on, he had to admit everything seemed to be nice.

Well, aside from one joiner who took to crossing their border lines.

"Trespassing," he answered to her question, his voice a low rumble as the melanistic jaguar came to a quiet stop in front of the woman, stopping any further advances she made into the territory. Yet, he relented with a heavy sigh, as if it were a great burden to do so, as he continued on. "You are in the Ascendants, Barbara." It seemed like she was going to be one of 'these' sorts, huh? The sort that didn't take orders and heeded little direction? While he couldn't say for certain, a certain specific tuxedo-tom cat seemed to flicker back into his mind at the present moment. "Where do you come from? Seeing as you're already familiar with Clan territories."

[color=#c3b1bd][b] 

Re: DON’T MEAN TO BRAG | open, visitor - JERSEYBOY - 12-01-2018

JERSEY
BOY
Like Barbara, Jerseyboy was definitely one who liked to move around at his own leisure. If he didn't like a place, then he could leave and go to the next town over. That was the beauty of not tying yourself down to one place, pledging e m p t y loyalties and all that. And to think they expected joiners to serve and die for the clan if needed. Fat chance.

The tuxedo tom appeared after Atticus, who had been the first to greet the stranger. He flicked an ear as his olivine eyes rested on the cream molly — a pretty thing, he noted. Then, it clicked: had he met her before? He couldn't put a name to the face. So, he commented, "You look familia'." Perhaps she would either confirm or deny it.
© MADI

Re: DON’T MEAN TO BRAG | open, visitor - CHERRYWINE - 12-02-2018

[table][tr][td]
[Image: 4dc6882086f72a75b29313d687acf08e.jpg]
[/td][td]
THEY ASKED FOR IT
SHE WORKED HER WAY THROUGH A CHEAP PACK OF CIGARETTES, HARD LIQUOR MIXED WITH A BIT OF INTELLECT. AND ALL THE BOYS, THEY WERE SAYING THEY WERE INTO IT. SUCH A PRETTY FACE, ON A PRETTY NECK, SHE'S DRIVING ME CRAZY
[/td][/tr][/table]
It wasn't that Barb was unaware of the fact that she had crossed the border of this unfamiliar clan, it was just that she didn't care. Why should she? The "rule" of territories and borders was always weakly enforced, if at all. It wasn't like she was stealing, or anything, so she really didn't see how they could make any sort of fuss out of her being a few feet - god forbid! - within their borders. So, when approached by Atticus, she really couldn't make herself care much about the fact that he seemed somewhat miffed by her presence beyond his clan's oh-so-sacred border.

It took all of Barbara's self-control - which wasn't much - to not roll her eyes at the rather menacing jaguar before her as he greeted her with a rather blunt "Trespassing". Yeah, yeah, whatever- he seemed like he had a stick up his ass anyway. The molly came to a short stop, tired blue gaze meeting his own yellow one as he spoke. The Ascendants? That was a pretty cool name- she guessed she could get behind it. "Yeah, I'm from, uh, the Pitt. Apparently we don't like any other clans down there, but you don't seem that bad. I'm not, like, looking to join, or anything. Just wanna check this place out for myself, I guess."  She paused for a moment before adding with a slight laugh, "The reviews are great, by the way." She hadn't actually spoken to anyone about this clan before, but she figured she'd at least try and get the guy to loosen up a bit.

However, her attention was soon torn from Atticus as a familiar voice announced the arrival of Jerseyboy. Ears lifted slightly as she turned her head in the tuxedo's direction, she felt the edge of her lip beginning to curl up into a small smirk of amusement when he spoke. "Likewise," returned the cream tabby, gaze scoping out Jersey's dark figure until she paused, remarking, "You're that dumbass that got yourself stuck in one of those traps by Tanglewood, huh?" She licked her nose, head cocked ever so slightly to the side as she lifted her chin just a bit to maintain eye contact with the taller feline. "What was your name, again? Bigboy, or something?" She was only partially joking, really- she was pretty sure no parent hated their kid enough to name them "Bigboy", but while she rarely forgot a pretty face, names seemed to allude her just a bit more. Hopefully, this time it would manage to stick.