Beasts of Beyond
【ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀs ʜɪɢʜ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇsᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴇ】joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: 【ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀs ʜɪɢʜ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇsᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴇ】joining (/showthread.php?tid=8076)

【ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀs ʜɪɢʜ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇsᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴇ】joining - ontario - 11-19-2018

a new place. a new start. a new life. the feline had never been so far from home before. he would miss his home, but he couldn't stay. he had to move on, he just knew that he had to. it was time to start fresh. he felt vulnerable, almost afraid. ontario was used to the endless mass of skyscrapers surrounding him. one would have felt trapped, but he felt safe there. it was his home, he had grown up there. now he was in a foreign land, out in the open. a building stood before him, but it was alone. it looked lost, out of place. the tomcat stood tall and strong, without showing fear.

ontario had told the people of his home that he was going to explore foreign lands, farther than any cat had gone before. and now he was here. he wondered, how did his ancestors feel, centuries ago, when they came to the land now known as canada? ontario always imagined them to feel brave, ready to take on the world. he wanted to be like them, in that way. not afraid.

but what if they were afraid?

he would never know.

i'm not afraid!

this place would be his new home! he would become part of a new society, one where nobody would know him. it would be good for him to start fresh.

"hello?" he called out. he sat down, waiting for someone to come greet him.

leave the past behind now. this is the start of something great.

☾∗ˈ‧₊° — I am Canadian!

Re: 【ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀs ʜɪɢʜ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇsᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴇ】joining - agathe. - 11-19-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 12px; color;"]Sometimes Agathe wondered what it would be like if she hadn't left home. She supposed that she would still be her grandmother's prized possession, the golden-eyed heir who was the picture of apathetic brutality. Would she have accepted every order and execution given to her? Or had her retaliation been written in the stars? She supposed that fate worked in mysterious ways and that she would have winded up in the Ascendants regardless. Whether or not the goddess intended for her to be leading the place, she did not know, but it made thinking about a life led differently a challenge. As much as she longed for the frigid peaks of the mountains, she had long since accepted the fact that this was home now, and that her legion was composed not of a sisterhood of witchlings, but rather individuals who could not be more unalike one another. At least that kept things interesting, new.

It was the sound of an unfamiliar voice that drew her from her thoughts, expression remaining neutral as she begrudgingly dragged herself from her spot in the sun to attend to the stranger. "What's your name and business?" The snow leopard inquired smoothly, dryly, not sounding particularly interested by trying to be attentive all the same. Joiners, while good for the health of the clan, did not seem very fond of her and she had taken to keeping a record of every one she had managed to intimidate or frighten. The list was, much to both her excitement and chagrin, getting relatively long. "This is the Ascendants territory and I'm Agathe Ashyver, the leader here."

Re: 【ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀs ʜɪɢʜ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇsᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴇ】joining - ATBASH CIPHER. - 11-20-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
somebody make me alive,
and shatter me !
Oh, how Atbash could relate to the feeling of starting a new life. That's how she felt when she first joined Snowbound; every step she took was almost a milestone for her. However, living here in The Ascendants was... different. Sure, it was once again Atbash having to restart her life over but she couldn't help but dread the future. When she had been in Snowbound, she was hopeful for the future but that was completely different here in The Ascendants.

"Hey there." The one-eyed she-cat chirped as she came to stand beside her leader, looking down at Ontario with a soft smile. "My name's Atbash Cipher. I'm a Starstruck Guardian here." It didn't hurt to introduce herself, considering Agathe had done so. Besides, it was actually quite nicer to introduce yourself when you asked for somebody's name, rather than waiting for them to answer to give them yours. Huh.
bio | female | starstruck guardian [shp] of the ascendants
© madi

Re: 【ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀs ʜɪɢʜ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇsᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴇ】joining - ontario - 11-20-2018

it wasn't long before the canadian was approached by a snow leopard, the leader. she was beautiful, she looked royal. but at the same time, ontario felt intimidated by her, just a little bit. he wondered if she had any sort of title, or her people just called her their leader.

"hello. my full name is toronto ontario canada, but you can call me ontario."

at birth, he had been named something else, but wasn't at all fond of it. his old name was common, and rather boring. naming himself after his hometown was better. toronto was the capital of the province, and the largest city in the country. the province of ontario was also home to ottawa, the capital city of canada. his new name made him feel important, like he could achieve something great.

"i came here from a place far away, to join your society, if that is possible."

now, the second one was different. she seemed nice, but he was quick to notice her scarred face, and missing eye. ontario decided not to think much of it. he didn't know how she lost her eye, and he wasn't the type to make assumptions.

"it's nice to meet you both." he said with a friendly smile.

☾∗ˈ‧₊° — I am Canadian!

Re: 【ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀs ʜɪɢʜ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇsᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴇ】joining - ATTICUS - 11-20-2018

▹▹▹▹ Atticus would be next to approach, stepping up quietly besides Agathe as he spared a glance briefly to the Astral Seraph with a polite nod, before his gaze would turn to the newcomer in front of them. His name was a bit of a mouthful, but Ontario at least had a nice ring to it. "Welcome to the Ascendants," he rumbled softly, dipping his head slowly as his golden-eyed gaze landed upon him, piercing in comparison to his dark colored fur, unmoving with his stoic expression, despite the softness in his voice. "I am Atticus, the Cosmic General here," his gaze briefly turned to Agathe, seeking permission in little more than a momentary glance, a shift of his body before his gaze returned. "I see no reason to deny you. Would you care for a tour?"

[color=black][b] 

Re: 【ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀs ʜɪɢʜ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇsᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴇ】joining - agathe. - 11-20-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 12px; color;"]Agathe remained silent for a few, brief moments, golden gaze sliding only momentarily over Atbash and Atticus. They were a far better welcoming committee than she was, and somehow, that thought caused a rare surge of jealousy to wash over her. Perhaps she might have once been a warm and kind soul who spoke easily and kindly to others, but time and circumstance had whittled that person away. Now, she was nothing more than a withdrawn shadow of her grandmother's own creation- an extension of that taste for disaster that her matron had once prized.

As uncomfortable as she suddenly was, the Seraph attempted to flash her teeth in something akin to a poor, crooked smile. The gesture could hardly be considered anything that screamed 'welcome to the Ascendants', but upon the face of the usually frowning Agathe, it certainly was different. Good. "Yes," She finally murmured, head dipping in a slight nod, "Welcome." She knew that she should probably offer to accompany them on the little tour that Atticus had offered but found that she could not find it in her to do so. Baby steps, she had to take baby steps.

"We have a bunker and an Observatory which means that there are plenty of options for rooms and such. I hope you get settled in well," She murmured to perhaps soothe her conscience and feel a little better for not wanting to give a tour. Could anyone really blame her? She was a creature of few words and did not care all that much for interaction sometimes. Things such as this did not come easy to her nor did she believe they ever would. "It's nice meeting you."

Re: 【ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀs ʜɪɢʜ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇsᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴇ】joining - JERSEYBOY - 11-20-2018

JERSEY
BOY
Were... were these people just going to ignore the fact that this guy's name was Toronto Ontario Canada? Fucking Christ, that name was really long and.. extra. Was that the right term for it? Hell, this guy deserved the patriot of the year award. You couldn't pay JB to love a country that much.

Maybe these guys were too nice to say anything about it. They seemed the diplomatic and respectful type, after all. Jerseyboy, on the other hand, wasn't afraid to be upfront and honest with someone. So, the tuxedo tom would stroll over and give a raise of his brows to the stranger. "I'm gonna give props to your parents for that name. I mean, really." Unless he had named himself, which would've been just as hilarious. "Lemme guess - they really liked Canada?" What was there not to love? Er, cold. Snow. Canadian bacon. Overly nice people with no apparent backbone. Maple syrup. Moose. That was all Jerseyboy had ever heard about that place... ever.

He gave a roll of his shoulders and added, "Well, I'm Belleville New Jersey United States." Of course, he was only teasing. He had a knack for pushing peoples buttons. "But ah, most people call me Jerseyboy."

Whelp, there was really no more reason to stick around. Almost as soon as he had come, he chirped, "I'll see ya' around, Canada." and headed off.

// ic opinions bc he's a butthole
© MADI

Re: 【ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀs ʜɪɢʜ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇsᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴇ】joining - ATBASH CIPHER. - 11-21-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
somebody make me alive,
and shatter me !
That was a long name, wasn't it? "Yeah, I can help you around the Observatory if you want." Atbash went on after Agathe. She looked over at Jerseyboy as he came over and spoke, flicking her left ear at the male's comment and rolling her eye before looking back at Ontario. "Welcome to The Ascendants."
bio | female | starstruck guardian [shp] of the ascendants
© madi

Re: 【ʜᴏᴘᴇs ᴀs ʜɪɢʜ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇsᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴇ】joining - ontario - 11-23-2018

sorry for not replying, i thought i did but i probably forgot to post it.

//will reply tomorrow <3