Beasts of Beyond
CLANWIDE DISCUSSION - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+----- Forum: Uncharted OOC (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+----- Thread: CLANWIDE DISCUSSION (/showthread.php?tid=7820)

CLANWIDE DISCUSSION - Beatles. - 11-10-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify;font-family: verdana; letter-spacing: 1px; font-size: 7pt; word-spacing: 2px; line-height: 1.5;"]Alright, guys! As the Ascendants is other a new leadership, we'd like to know what we should all focus on for the future (both IC and OOC). You guys are allowed to discuss, suggest things, whatever, but please keep it civil. We don't want this getting out of hand.

Right now, personally, I feel that our alignment is going to be affected as a result of this change. We'll be more of a neutral group more than a peacful, pacifistic group. We won't actively stir drama but we won't avoid conflict either, and we'll be willing to aid our allies in their war efforts as well.

Also, I'd like for us to talk about traditions/customs as well? They kind of died out after Bastille's leadership but I think we're going to need to reestablish solid traditions (and our overall theme) in order to be a successful group.

So yeah, feel free to comment! Honestly, we really do need tips and stuff on how to handle these things because it's not easy to just- fix them with a snap of our fingers.

Re: CLANWIDE DISCUSSION - axiom - 11-10-2018

[align=center]
softly chants
bring back the starry titles bring back the starry title bois

Re: CLANWIDE DISCUSSION - demeter - 11-10-2018

[size=9pt]dont have anyone here anymore but still care Greatly for the star nerds

tbh lads! the traditions and customs that you've got in our guide rn aren't something actually practiced in the clan, and i know you wanna look more into incorporating them, but honestly some of them seem slightly outdated and like they wouldn't even work if you tried. maybe you could try working on new traditions / building off the old ones and scrapping a few so as to stick with core beliefs that are actually practiced?

Re: CLANWIDE DISCUSSION - ATTICUS - 11-13-2018

I wholeheartedly agree we should rework the title system and get working on new traditions. I also think the guide needs to be updated in general. I noticed this week we've had a pretty significant dip in activity, which I think is just attributed to getting towards the end of a school quarter and people getting busy, but I think that getting more clan events going and having something everyone can be involved in would be interesting. Even if it was like a monthly clan development challange, like the monthly shoutout/ranking system.

I also think the pendant system should be overhauled. I really like the idea of it, but I think as it is right now, it's a little complicated? I'm not sure.

This is my tired two cents at the moment I might think of other things later

Re: CLANWIDE DISCUSSION - BILLIE - 11-13-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; font-family: raleway; text-align: justify; line-height: 13px;"]hellsa new here but i love title systems? so i’d love to see it get tossed back out there more. and i think a monthly development challenge could be really fun? or like weekly/biweekly/monthly oneshot challenge with a prompt or something?
idkkk but i’d also love to see an event or something too, just for the sake of development and bonding and stuff.

Re: CLANWIDE DISCUSSION - MysteriouslyMaple - 11-13-2018

I was apart of The Ascendants with Gordon whenever Bastilleprisoner led, and I absolutely loved the title and pendant system they have. The Ascendants has always been special to me because of their affinity with space/the stars and I would love to see those traditions put into place, or something similar of the sort; I just couldn't keep up with the clan and had to step down due to work and real life issues.

However, I do agree that the pendant system was a tad confusing. While I like the idea of it, the fact that you couldn't have something another character had (say a moon for example), is a bit constricting. Perhaps change that if you decide on continuing the tradition?

Re: CLANWIDE DISCUSSION - ATTICUS - 11-18-2018

Oof sorry for bumping this but

necklace:
Petition that these replace the current pendant system. Each member would receive one at the appropraite time, and the constellation can either be uniform, or unique to the individual, but the moon portion / disc part is made of that special metal from the Ascendants. The back of the pendants can then have an engraving or something unique to the individual.

It could also kinda work like a charm bracelet/dog tag system where people can gather more little bits and bobs to add to it as they advance.

Re: CLANWIDE DISCUSSION - axiom - 11-18-2018

[align=center]
^^ I like Quill's idea a lot!

Though I would also like to keep that titles correspond with a specific charm for it? So you could have your character's individual charms and their title charms too

Re: CLANWIDE DISCUSSION - ATTICUS - 11-18-2018

(11-18-2018, 04:02 PM)axiom link Wrote: [align=center]
^^ I like Quill's idea a lot!

Though I would also like to keep that titles correspond with a specific charm for it? So you could have your character's individual charms and their title charms too

Yeah! THat's kinda why I thought of the dog tag idea. That, or the constellations that are punched out get gems welded onto it or something as they earn them so it's a physical representation of their milestones or something c: