Beasts of Beyond
find yourself without me ♥♡♥♡ ghost - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: find yourself without me ♥♡♥♡ ghost (/showthread.php?tid=7425)

find yourself without me ♥♡♥♡ ghost - calliope - 10-29-2018

♥♡Spirits had always been something Mira believed in. It had mostly been out of pure fear; being a fearful, impressionable child had left its impact on her. There had always been a certain uneasiness that she felt upon the subject, especially now more than ever. With the ghosts rampaging around, the girl had been completely on edge. Despite the harmless intentions some of them had, she couldn’t see them as peaceful. They drove people out of their homes, they went out of their way to scare people; the few nice ones couldn't make up for what the rest had done. What could cause these creatures to be so malicious? She could only wonder why and wish that she never encountered them to find out for herself.

Her tired thoughts of spirits had been complimented by fumbling paws and drooping eyelids, as she attempted to put a vase up on a short corner table. Mira had been attempting to decorate her house for the first time in forever, albeit completely late at night. Being half-asleep didn’t do her much good, considering her swirling thoughts and the vase that was just a bit too close to the edge, but not enough to fall off. She put her paws back on the vase, though hadn’t bothered to push it towards the center of the table quite yet. The cold of the night didn’t help her focus much either, and in fact, was becoming a major distraction.

Everything was just unnaturally cold, and the temperature seemed to be dropping every second, pulling her into an icy abyss. Her breath came out like steam, as the room grew darker. Everything was slipping, disappearing- She didn’t know what was happening. Everything around her continued to grow dark. Her paws desperately clung to the vase, as an attempt to bring her back into reality, where she could see everything, and where everything was fine. Quickened heart rate and more visible short breaths dragged her back to her current situation, facing whatever the hell was going on. She was the only one there. She was completely, utterly alone.

A pair of eyes broke her solitude, as a floating creature appeared in front of her, staring down at her with unreadable eyes. Somehow, the creature was beyond darker than the room, like a complete void. Like oil, the spirit’s form melted and mixed in a constant cycle, only making up the vague form of what would be a cat. Mira’s paws slipped from pure shock, causing her to fall, flipping the vase off of the table and landing with a loud crash. Shards of porcelain flew around her fallen figure, but she didn’t bother getting up. Mira only crumbled into a ball, head tipped up towards the spirit.

Mira.

It knew her name. It knew who she was. The spirit was almost completely unfamiliar. Its eyes were the only recognizable thing, the only thing unobscured by the melting body they had. Where, where had she seen them before? She opened her mouth to speak but couldn’t find the words.

I’m here for-” the creature’s voice was cut off, the rest of its voice becoming an awful, garbled sound, making the rest of the sentence impossible to understand, “Give it back.” Its voice was demanding. Infuriated. Hateful. “Give it back,” it repeated, every single emotion amplified further than before.

"I-I don’t know what you’re talking about” Mira managed to respond, eyes welling up with tears. She couldn’t break her gaze away from the one familiar thing about the spirit; the one thing that was piercing through her entire being. Its eyes were unreadable despite their tone. "I don’t even know who you are.” Her statement seemed to be what set the ghost off more. Its eyes burned with full rage as if it were staring at its worst enemy.

"You don’t know what you did?” it whispered, glaring down at her and floating closer to the point that their face was only a couple inches away. “You don’t know what you did?” it repeated, “Do you have any idea what you’ve put me through?" She really, truly didn’t, yet the ghost failed to see it.

"P-please. I don’t know-” she couldn’t finish her sentence, finally tearing her face away from the ghost and burying it in her paws, hoping that the ghost would just listen to her and leave. Unfortunately, things didn’t just work out that way. She continued to just lie there, shaking and sobbing, just wanting this confrontation to end.

Don’t lie to me,” it snapped, this time sounding pained. A mixture of sadness and anger swelled in their voice. The room went silent for a second. “Give it back, give it back,” it kept repeating itself over and over, voice almost becoming distorted and impossible to understand.

Icy cold claws raked her shoulder repetitively, in the ghost’s vain attempts to get Mira to look back up. “Mira, Mira, Listen to me. I can't do this without you, you know? Mira-” it kept trying to get her attention. Whatever it wanted, the ghost needed her to be willing to help out, but the girl would only hide further, just hoping that something or someone would scare the ghost away.

//important notes;; okay so the melting appearance and dark room are things that mira is interpreting. the spirit just appears to be the ghost of a pure white domestic feline to everyone else. the voice distortion is audiable to others, and is honestly pretty loud. ++the door to her house is currently unlocked, so feel free to have your character barge in!

also a tldlr bc my post is too long;; mira is setting up her room when a ghost interrupts. it demands that she gives something back, but she doesn't know who they are or what they want. it won't listen to her when she says that, causing her to just curl up into a ball and hide. the ghost then proceeds to try and claw at her to get her attention, as it seems to want her to help it out despite everything she's said.

Re: find yourself without me ♥♡♥♡ ghost - venus - 10-29-2018

[div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 550px; min-height: 9px; font-family: arial; line-height: 109%; text-align: left; padding: 20px;font-size: 12px;"][align=right]and you say ive lost my light —
never one for spiritual experiences and religion, it came at no shock nor surprise that venus did not believe for a second in the existence of ghosts and spirits. preposterous things. not a skeptic, not a person in doubt, venus' beliefs in the afterlife were solid and unshakable - dogmatically so. it was just so hard to believe in something that did not have scientific evidence to back up claims, at least it hard for someone like venus to believe - someone who devoted their entire existence to the pursuit of science. but it wasn't something uncommon to believe in these plains, especially now when tanglewood rocked up on sunhaven's doorstep seeking shelter from copious amounts of "ghosts". odd. but it wasn't in the solbinder's power to comment on how the group was merely leeching off of sunhaven resources in the name of make-believe children's camp story fodder. silently the teen brooded.

from outside, the serenity among the last rays of sunlight was in stark contrast to the chaos erupting from within mirabella's cabin. completely unaware of the girl's troubling experience, venus continued their arduous work alongside the garden's autumn growth before heading back to their lab. which is what venus would have done if not for the fact that the teen had finally noticed the weird sounds coming from the girl's abode. she wasn't someone venus knew though and it wasn't as if the solbinder didn't know that this wasn't completely normal behaviour for mira, the teen was cautious of the situation.

"hello? everything alright in there?" loudly, despite the unlocked door venus found it more comfortable to knock and get confirmation before bursting in. selfishly more afraid of being shouted at rather than invading someones privacy.