Beasts of Beyond
What types of characters would you like to see around? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: What types of characters would you like to see around? (/showthread.php?tid=7170)

What types of characters would you like to see around? - Beatles. - 10-19-2018

I want to make a new character, but I'm not quite sure what to do in terms of character type. I was curious to see if there was a lack of a certain character or if there were characters that people wanted to see more of.

I'm mostly talking personality/trope wise, but feel free to throw in any other suggestions as well!

Re: What types of characters would you like to see around? - OMEGA - 10-20-2018

i rarely see cowardly villain characters around. characters that talk a big game and get on everyone's nerves and have no problem bullying guys who are physically weaker then them, but completely get terrified when faced with something out of their league and try to avoid it using dirty tactics or even begging. i tried it once but didn't have the muse to continue cx

Re: What types of characters would you like to see around? - toboggan - 10-20-2018

dittoing pyro!!

honestly, cowardly characters in general. people that stray from action instead of head into it.

i rarely see any south american nationalities represented!!

there are a few cliches i’ve noticed. there are a few things that i want to see. none of my silly opinions should matter in the end, for it is YOUR character, and YOUR decisions Smile. anyway, here’s my list.

- for one, there are so many characters that fall under the american, chinese, japanese, and british category. there is nothing wrong with that, by all means, but something i’d REALLY love to see is portrayal of a wider array of backgrounds. but at the same time, i’m also seeing characters’ nationalities as a prime character trait, which, in addition to sexuality, is better off being not the main focus point of a character. so, more backgrounds, but don’t have someone known only for their background (i made this mistake with doug on ff)

+ i would LOVE to see more animal species!! cats and dogs and dragons are really fun to play, because they have that perfect balance of flaws and strengths. i found that playing a species that has more flaws then strengths (like wendell), you have to really think about how your character gets around their problems that are unique to them, making interesting scenarios.

+ everyone is so young!! give a mature boy a shot! (ps people who do not age don’t count)

+ there are many paths in life that characters can take. some will aspire to have families and will focus on only that, while others prefer glory. there are characters dedicated to their professions, too, and those are my favourite. on ff i had a character called leifur. he was a chemist. if i didn’t drop him almost immediately, i can imagine his experiments bringing a unique feel to his surroundings.

+ phobias rule!

+ there are many mental illnesses being played on the site. the most common are depression and anxiety. there are many more that could be played, such as OCD (which could be interested), as well as tourette’s (same with that). however, try to be careful when playing them, as, i know from experience, some people can get uncomfortable when a issue that they have is glamourized.

that’s really all i have to say Smile)

and please don’t let me dictate your characters, these are but suggestions. i don’t mind any of the common traits, but it’s always good to get a breath of fresh air. while saying that, i’m quite fine with the atmosphere i have now.

Re: What types of characters would you like to see around? - Beatles. - 10-20-2018

A cowardly villain!!! I have a cowardly bully character that I dropped a while ago but maybe bringing him to BoB is an idea!

And wowza there are- a lot of words there but what I'm gonna say is that I've never touched mental illnesses honestly?? I know that a lot of people in the bob community have them and I don't wanna offend anyone,,, I always feel like I might even if I researched it skksskk
I might look into a few though? While it's certainly not a plot device by any means, it can def diversify them.