Beasts of Beyond
MAKE YOU MINE | o, weekly task + baking - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: MAKE YOU MINE | o, weekly task + baking (/showthread.php?tid=7099)

MAKE YOU MINE | o, weekly task + baking - FUBUKI - 10-17-2018

[align=center][div style="text-align: justify; width: 60%; font-family: georgial; font-size: 11pt;"]When he'd accepted the task to bake with his normal conviction, he'd thought 'how hard it could it be?'. That was one of the biggest jinxes he'd made in some time. Now, the baking process itself may have been easy, but did you know how hard it was to find a working portable oven in this type of territory? He'd have better luck ripping down the walls of the Observatory and making a halogen one from scratch... or so it thought. Turns out there was some sort of tat-man within the Ascendants, a hermit of sorts who made it their job to collect electrical trinkets, and when he'd explained the reasons for wanting to get some of these goods the bear had seemed more than happy to get some of it out of his room. By hook or crook there was a micro-oven within the scrap, and though it may've been on its last legs, it was all that he needed to get his baking dreams started. 

An apron spreading across the male's black back, Ren had managed to get the cooker outside with assistance, only slightly blocking the way into home with the contraption. Paws normally a pristine white were plastered with a creamy-looking dough, with the mess spreading to the tips of his whiskers, drooping them down comically. Fortunately enough, there seemed to be very little product on the floor, a relief for some of the prissier members he was certain. Kneading the cookie batter he'd made, the slight grimace that came as a cold sensation bit at his sheathed claws was hard to miss. It was like a parasitic base, finding anyway to mess him up. At least... he paused, stomach rumbling. At least the end result is worth it.

Finishing it off with some cinnamon and chocolate chips, he'd separate parts of the batter and put them on the tray, eventually sliding them into the oven when he'd finished. Now was the waiting game... oh wait, he still had some batter left over. Giving a head tilt, Ren contemplated dipping his head into the bowl and slurping up all of the leftovers, messy paws shuffling. Nah, he couldn't do it, at least not by himself. Well if he planned on giving out a majority of the baked goods anyways, what would giving out batter do to harm anyone? With every warrior that came to and from the Observatory, Ren would quietly gesture to his bowl, some choosing to ignore the request and others taking a small pawful to eat and leaving. At least this was a relaxing activity until the baking process was complete.

Re: MAKE YOU MINE | o, weekly task + baking - BABY — - 10-17-2018

[table][tr][td]
[Image: 7a03b7301a5b61539f5c63d5ff357dae.jpg]
[/td][td]
PINK RIBBON SCARS
THAT NEVER FORGET. I'VE TRIED SO HARD TO C L E A N S E THESE REGRETS.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Cooking. It was something that Titan definitely wasn't used to. The members of his pride primarily hunted for their food, making swift kills consisting of zebra and antelope and other local prey. Their diet was mostly raw meat, though once in a while, one of the "vegetarians" would whip up some loaves of bread or other grainy products. Titan hardly ate anything other than meat, so tasting bread or fresh berries was always an interesting treat. He had only had one pastry-product in his life: raspberry muffins. They were practically god-sent; he could still taste tangy berries on his tongue. He sometimes wondered if he'd ever have one again, but nowadays, that chance was very little.

The lion had stopped in his tracks upon seeing Ren offering a bowl to him. He furrowed his brows and glanced into it, noting the batter that covered the sides. He asked, "... Did you bake something?" The answer was sort of obvious by now, but Titan didn't want to just make assumptions. Besides, he wanted to see if Ren would elaborate on his creamy creation.

Re: MAKE YOU MINE | o, weekly task + baking - FUBUKI - 10-18-2018

[align=center][div style="text-align: justify; width: 60%; font-family: georgial; font-size: 11pt;"]Finally recognising a familiar face among the lines of creatures, the feline offered a nod of his head in greetings, wide eyes beaming in amusement at Titan's question. "No. I just made a bowl of batter," he deadpanned his sarcasm, flicking an ebony ear. It was almost painfully obvious that something had been made, all he could do was hope that Titan recognised how exploitable that question could've been. Pausing, Ren would continue after a moment of silence. "Cookies. Would you like some when they're done?". He couldn't promise they'd taste amazing, a lot of thought had to go into the ingredients and whatnot and without a recipe book a disaster was bound to happen in one or two of the creations, but it was the thought that counted... right?

Re: MAKE YOU MINE | o, weekly task + baking - MOONMADE - 10-18-2018

[size=9pt]"How long they gonna' take?"

Eager, intense, Moon appears before the oven and stares intently through the glass. He's so close his breath starts to fog up the pane, and usually he wouldn't care enough to wipe it away, but he wants to watch them spread so he lifts a paw and rubs until the blur disappears. He hasn't eaten in God knows how long and it's only now, when the scent wafts through the tiny gap in the corners of the door and reaches his senses that he realizes the empty pit that is his stomach.

It's one of those days again. The ones where his mind won't give him a fucking break and it feels like he's been awake for decades, and so the lion is quiet for a time long enough to possibly make it awkward before he sees his own reflection in the screen and remembers to function. "Sorry." He says, though, frankly, with a distant, monotone voice, he sounds anything but. He doesn't turn around. "Forgot about the fuckin'-- Small talk shit. Where, uh-- where'd you learn to-- You know. Oven. Cookies."

Re: MAKE YOU MINE | o, weekly task + baking - ONISION. - 10-18-2018

[table]
[tr]
[td]
[Image: zh8lTc5.png]
ONISION M.F.
— WHEN WE'RE IN YOUR BED
[size=8pt]tags - plotting - reference
the ascendants
- lunar lieutenant
mentors watson
10 months old

physically varies
easy to piss off

demihomosexual
homoromantic

tsundere asshole
dating alexander

were-vampirism
known to shift into aloysius

[/td][td]
"It's called baking, old man." Onision snickered as he walked into the observatory, the smell of cookie dough reaching his nose, nearly making him gag. He hated sweet food, he could barely even eat smores without gagging everything up, but he wouldn't ruin the opportunity for the others by puking all over the ground.

"Don't mind him, he's a bit behind the times." Oni joked to Ren, flicking his tail at Moonmade with a cocky grin towards the lion. Well, he could deal with his sarcastic ass for now.

all you give me is a heartbeat —
[/td][/tr][/table]

[W]isker