Beasts of Beyond
AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING (/showthread.php?tid=7000)

AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING - MARIANNA - 10-14-2018

[align=center]
[table][tr][td]
LIPSTICK, RED WINE LONG NIGHTS, IT'S A LIFESTYLE SO GOOD TO THE LAST DROP YOU COULD SEE ME LIGHT UP FROM THE ROOFTOPS
[/td]
[td]
Maria was about as lost as her pelt was red.

Well..."lost" being a relative term. Lost insisted that she had a starting point and a destination in mind; when really, she had absolutely no idea where the fuck she was going to begin with. At this point, the young girl was aimlessly wandering, scaring off every small creature in the vicinity with the odd, sporadic bursts of fire that would flare from her paws.

"Listen, not everybody has control of their stupid fucking powers, okay? Cut me some slack." The Somali whined at a squirrel that had scurried out of the way of a particularly violent explosion of sparks just moments before. "I could have been trying to eat you, but noo." Maria had only been trying to watch it bury its dumb fucking acorn for the winter, but apparently even that set her rockets off. Luckily they were just sparks, not actual flames, which...had proved to be much more catastrophic in a certain field a few days ago.

She wouldn't deny the fact that dinner really did sound nice; her hunger was beginning to gnaw on her ribs. Being a live wire had proved difficult in the way of hunting in the past few weeks. While Maria had mostly grown accustomed to eating once or twice every two or three days, it hadn't done her body any good: scrawny and fragile, she tired easily and was frequently pausing in her aimless journey to nap. She'd even passed out one or twice while on a hunt, her physical exertion exceeding its limits. If only she could get her stupid fucking powers under wraps then maybe she'd have a successful kill every now and again.

Evening was quick to descend on the land, the creeping darkness already itching under Maria's pelt. Soon the sun would disappear, and if she couldn't find some place to stay before then, she was toast.

Of course, all impending stress vanished as soon as she reached the edge of the forest. Where the trees thinned and shrank to a wide field of grass, the sky overhead burned a startling orange and red - an unusual sight apart from the gentle pink and blue that welcomed the night. Clouds melted to molten lava; the horizon a flame, lit by the sun. The beauty of the scene was quick to snatch Maria's ever-shortening attention span, leaving the small feline to blindly ignore the acrid scent that marked the beginning of someone's land. Her romanticism often had the odds of getting the better of her: easily able to derail all thought with the drop of a stone and stroke of a brush. 

Unfortunately, the more she lost herself to the glory of the odd sunset, the more she lost herself to the overwhelming awe that flared in her chest. No sooner had the exclaimed "Wow!" left her lips did flames erupt from her paws, mirroring the sky. Maria yelped, twisting away from her own devilish creation, only to realize that she'd accidentally set a swath of dry grass on fire.

It was then that the entirety of her surroundings slammed into her senses: new territory, lots of creatures, lots of other scents she couldn't even begin to comprehend, the rapidly descending darkness from the east, the odd dome-like structure to the north, and the horror that she was dead if she didn't put out this fire and get the hell out of dodge before someone found her.

"Shit, shit - stop, fuck -" Curses spilled from her tongue as she panicked, overwhelmed and at odds with what to do. "Fuck, I'm so dead."

(didn't proofread and haven't written anything in like a month, yikes)
[/td][/tr][/table]
MARIANNA "MARIA" . 6 MONTHS . TAGS . PLAYLIST . MOODBOARD . BIOGRAPHY
© MIITHERS

Re: AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING - ONISION. - 10-14-2018

[table]
[tr]
[td]
[Image: zh8lTc5.png]
ONISION M.F.
— WHEN WE'RE IN YOUR BED
[size=8pt]tags - plotting - reference
the ascendants
- lunar lieutenant
8 months old

physically varies
emotionally hard
mentally easy

demihomosexual
homoromantic

tsundere asshole
dating alexander

were-vampirism
known to shift into aloysius

[/td][td]
"Are you fucking kidding me.. A fire, really?" Onision's loud grumble sounded from a distance as he caught the smell of burnt embers, sauntering over with his usual grouchy expression on his face. His nose scrunched up against his muzzle as he scented to see if there was anyone dead he could feed off of, but nope. Only one terrified kid, trying to put out the fire that she seemingly caused.

"Get some damp moss and pat it all out. I need someone with water elementals!" Oni called out over his shoulders, as if this was something that happened every fucking day. Well, Feyre had lit a bunch of roses on fire, and one of Gabriel's friends had did a face first into the ground, so yeah.. He had every right to be a dick right now. He was surprised she wasn't dead, though.

"What's your name, spark-ass?" Onision asked in a bored tone, already getting to work on patting out some flames with soaked boss, steam rising up into the air.

//I'm assuming she set something on fire? If not, I'm dumb and I'll edit.

all you give me is a heartbeat —
[/td][/tr][/table]

[W]isker

Re: AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING - MARIANNA - 10-14-2018

[align=center]
[table][tr][td]
LIPSTICK, RED WINE LONG NIGHTS, IT'S A LIFESTYLE SO GOOD TO THE LAST DROP YOU COULD SEE ME LIGHT UP FROM THE ROOFTOPS
[/td]
[td]
Maria's expectation of the land's inhabitants was a far cry from the reality: a grumpy boy who, honestly? Couldn't be much older than her. Still, his spontaneous appearance amid every other crisis Maria was experiencing still startled her, and her surprise resulted in another burst of sparks and a squeak. Luckily nothing caught on fire this time, but her paw pads were still scorched...as per usual.

Through the flames and embers burning in front of her, Maria's saucer-wide green eyes zeroed in on Oni, mind narrowing to how utterly ridiculous his command sounded. "Yeah," She bit out, completely foregoing the fact that she was on foreign land and the culprit in a bad situation, "Let me just take the time to find some moss and go dunk it in the ocean, which is a couple miles that way. Fantastic suggestion!" So she was being a little dramatic, whatever - this event probably wouldn't have any outward affect on the grand scheme of her life, right?

The dumb commentary only added to the slight hysteria that was beginning to descend on her brain, cluttering and crowding into the corner among everything else going on and Maria would really appreciate some quiet - the build was already starting to climb, and its peak wasn't going to be pretty. So at Oni's question on her identity, Maria snapped her head towards him, irritation evident in her eyes. "What's yours? Or can I call you 'Stick Up The Ass'?"
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MIITHERS

Re: AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING - MOONMADE - 10-14-2018

[size=9pt]"Wouldn't be inaccurate." Muses Moon from where he stands, stagnant, a few feet away. The fire reflects in his eyes are he stares, unblinking, and watches it grow and grow and grow. He's fucking tired. Couldn't he just catch a break. Couldn't he just get some fresh air. Couldn't he just go for a fucking walk without stumbling upon some breed of bullshit. "You know, this'd be good if we had some-- you know. Marshmallows. Chocolate. What do they call it?" The fire starts to trail towards him. Still, he stays where he is. "Muches. Smuches. More? Mores? Smores. Those." His paws start to feel warm. "Isn't that what they do, this time of year? Bonfires and shit. Except those ones are planned." It licks at the ground around them, doubles in size. Still, Moon stands there, the epitome of done. His gaze flicks to Marianna, half lidded. He heaves a long-suffering sigh. It's getting toasty.

"Man, I'm fucking sick of fire elementals."

Re: AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING - BABY — - 10-14-2018

[table][tr][td]
[Image: YQyYjWt.jpg]
[/td][td]
PINK RIBBON SCARS
THAT NEVER FORGET. I'VE TRIED SO HARD TO C L E A N S E THESE REGRETS.
[/td][/tr][/table]
// dem ninja'd me dammit

"Is there a good explanation for all of this?" Titan growled as he arrived quickly, his amber eyes staring at the flames lapping up into the air. Whatever, there was no time for questions. That would have to wait. He shook his head, "Nevermind. You two ━ stop your arguing now, and help put this fire out." Commanded the lion, deep voice holding a firm and stern edge to it ( and it was obvious that he wasn't going to stand for any bullshit ). Although he had no place or rank to be ordering people around, these children obviously needed to be put in their places. If they kept up their petty bickering, then the whole forest would burn to the ground.

He had smelled the acrid aroma of ash and charring grasses from nearby, and he had just so happened to be out collecting water for a canteen. The lion let the container drop onto the ground and he worked on unscrewing the top of it. Once he had successfully done so, Titan proceeded to near the flames as close as he could and fling gobs of fresh water onto the grass. Great, now he'd have to go and refill it again. This wasn't even enough to extinguish the whole fire, but they couldn't sit around and wait for someone with elemental powers.

Re: AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING - demeter - 10-14-2018

/ LET ME EDIT

Re: AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING - MARIANNA - 10-14-2018

[align=center]
[table][tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
Maria hardly has time to switch from her present state of irritation at herself and Oni to focus on the massive lion walking their way. It's a snippet of time between frustration and fear: the sudden slam of her heartbeat against her ribs parroted by the jump in flames. She can't tell if he lives here, too; the acrid sting of smoke burns the back of her throat. It should be a smell that she's used to by now, quite frankly, but it still manages to catch her off guard as she inhales a lungful of it, choking on her own tongue.

The fur is already standing up along her spine and there are sparks at her clawtips, but there's lethargy behind the lion's movements, and Maria thanks her lucky stars for it because she's still busy coughing. Nevertheless, it's not until after a second lion comes around and douses the fire does Maria suck in a breath to clear her mind, scrambling a couple feet away. The rest of the fire doesn't last long; it wasn't as big as she made it out to be. It sputters and dwindles to a small patch of charred ground and grass.

Maria blinks at it; there's a rush of cold air where heat once was. There's wit on the end of her tongue and sarcasm welling in her chest, but her throat stays shut tight, millions of instincts and nerve endings telling her to turn tail and fucking run.

Sparing a glance in the direction of said escape, Maria notices how much further the sun has sunk below the horizon line. The fire in the sky is fading, leaving gentle purple to mask the coming threat of night. Maria worries at her lip, nerves alight. She won't last the night in this neck of the woods - not when there's something akin to shelter just over the rise.

Green eyes sweeping the three boys up and down, she makes up her mind on the spot. "I'm learning." She supplies meagerly, defensive spite creeping into her voice. It's not her finest moment, nor a fantastic greeting, but it's all she's got. "I should probably start carrying water on me, but I'd probably spill it, since I'm such a klutz," The auburn-furred feline jokes, knowing that this isn't the time for jokes and yet doing nothing to stop them from spilling past her lips. No brain-to-mouth filter, one might say. "Uh...so...do you guys have bears and tigers here, too? Or do I just have to worry about lions?"
[/td][/tr][/table]
© MIITHERS

Re: AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING - FUBUKI - 10-14-2018

[align=center][div style="text-align: justify; width: 60%; font-family: georgial; font-size: 11pt;"]"We have a guard dog as big as a man," Ren answered quietly as he followed the sounds of commotion, gazing in somewhat bewildered amazement at the glowing embers amidst singed grass. How did she do that? Why did she do that? They were things he wanted to ask the clumsy stranger yet no such questions came from a flabbergasted maw. Fire elementals certainly seemed to be a dangerous power, capable of destruction from an easy mistake like that, yet the feline could see use in them. "Us cats are too small to be snacks for him though, we'll be fine," he reassured, finally snapping his grey gaze away from the damages to get a better look at Marianna. Another young animal that'd somehow found their way onto these lands, it made the third or fourth one he'd attended to this week, and whilst he would've liked to say that this new stranger would be able to take care of herself better than the previous youth... she wasn't really proving her maturity. Well, perhaps that was unfair to say, she did seem more accident prone than anything else and he'd only just arrived on the scene.

Sometimes Ren wished there weren't as many lions. He'd strained his neck one too many times looking up at the self-proclaimed 'kings of the jungle', but he'd also say that he wished there were more creatures his age roaming the clan. Beggars couldn't be choosers, and the bicoloured tom had just grown used to the non-ideal circumstances for he struggled to see himself elsewhere. Morally grey clans existed everywhere, he didn't think he could justify associating with them if they were willing to go through drastic measures to ensure their survival. A sudden thought crossing his mind, Ren allowed a small smirk to appear on his normally dull maw, mewing "I eat cats though, so I'm scarier than the others,". Aware that it was a weird joke about if it wasn't true in some way (which thankfully it wasn't), the tom wasn't exactly helped by his deadpan delivery, only hoping to alleviate some of the tension that the fire had created.

Re: AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING - MOONMADE - 10-15-2018

[size=9pt]Metaphorical brows shoot up. Suddenly, Moon wakes from his haze, and stumbles backwards as if he's actually been shot. '--Or do I just have to worry about lions?' "Ouch." He wasn't expecting personality. Maybe this won't be so unbearable. "No bears or tigers. No Wizard of Oz, either." There was nothing like a casual pop culture reference to make him feel slightly less miserable. "We got weirder, though." He continues, and, slowly returning to the land of the living and stable, the corners of his mouth start to lift up, shifting into something that's both warm and mirthful. "Dogs with antlers and some weird fuckin' owl-cat thing. Could name a couple who've got powers, too. Dunno' what lab they came from-- too scared to ask, but you--" He says, tilting his head to peer at the cat. "Where'd you get your magic, pyromaniac?"

Re: AND I'M BUILDIN' A FIRE ━ JOINING - MARIANNA - 10-15-2018

[align=center]
[table][tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
In the gap of silence that stretched between the young girl and her three male counterparts, she began to wonder if they would ever ask any information from her. Her past, her name...what she was doing wandering around the woods all on her own. Initially, she'd prefer if they didn't; she'd likely be up and out of their hair by midday tomorrow. She didn't need to leave any breadcrumbs behind.

Then again...Maria could always indulge herself on the concept of returning to friends. Potentially, at least. It had been far too long since she’d had a friend, anyway. The squirrels and birds that she couldn’t catch and eat for supper had been poor conversationalists these past few weeks. Were her social skills a little rusty because of it? Perhaps. Did she long for the attention of others? Definitely.

Attention snapping to the feline that approached next, Maria regarded him with dubious eye. His fur was as unkempt as her mind felt, and to that, she could hold a toast. “Wh - snacks are supposed to be small, that’s why they’re called snacks, Maria exclaimed. Subconsciencly squinting at him, something in her mind edged towards creepy. Surely he wasn’t a creepy person, but his restless, curious eyes made her skin itch. (Not that she could say anything, honestly...she was all restless, clumsy limbs and prodding questions.) To his benefit, Maria could reward his good sense of humor and the simple fact that he was a domestic feline. She no longer felt dwarfed by the twin Mufasas. To his last jibe, she allowed the slip of a grin, mocking a serious nod. “Right, thanks. I must’ve lost my private invitation to the Donner party, so I’ll steer clear of you around dinner.”

She was ready to use that tease as a segway into the objectively blunt question ”Can I live with you guys for a while?” but Mufasa number one beat her to the punch.

No bears or tigers, huh? Well, Maria couldn’t say she was disappointed. Lions were plenty enough for her meager combat training level. “Damn, no wizards? That blows,” She complained, only half teasing. Part of her was sure that in this kind of world there was something at least similar to wizards and witches. She wanted to be Ginny Weasley for Halloween.

About to comment on the other odd specimen the lion brought up, Maria puckered her lip instead at the question. She was expecting questions, but was both affronted and honored by the manner in which they were asked. “I didn’t come from a lab, if that’s what you’re wondering,” She scoffed. “And I’ve got a name, but I guess “Magic Pyromaniac” sounds a lot cooler than Marianna.”
[/td][/tr][/table]
MARIANNA "MARIA" . 6 MONTHS . TAGS . PLAYLIST . MOODBOARD . BIOGRAPHY.
© MIITHERS