Beasts of Beyond
and the gulls gave me my singing voice / memories, development / gore warning - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: and the gulls gave me my singing voice / memories, development / gore warning (/showthread.php?tid=6444)

and the gulls gave me my singing voice / memories, development / gore warning - sephiroth - 09-24-2018

[Image: tumblr_p18fkxSdpR1ugq03no1_r1_540.gif]
SEPHIROTH
MALE — ROSEBLOODS — GUARD — HOVER FOR TAGS
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"](warning for gore!!!
God this is over 1000 words….don’t feel any need to match length lol
Tldr seph is out by himself, comes across a golden blue eye tom that reminds him of *somebody*, so he brutally kills him after getting some memories of his past life and then heads back to camp.  He’s thinking about things)

The new territory was slowly becoming familiar and homely.  The landscape quite different from the last land the Rosebloods occupied, but Sephiroth found himself settling in rather well to the new land.  The sand of the desert outside the main base was soft underneath his paws, the air wasn’t as thick with the scent of decay as the forest, at least not yet, and the vast expanse was sure to give them a prosperous amount of prey.  Yes, they would settle in nicely.

The lion prowled across the sandy landscape, the canyon a fair distance away as he explored.  He had made good time in his patrolling, keeping his senses mildly stretched out for any sign of prey to bring back to his group.  Expand his powers too far out, and his head would ache for the rest of the day.  He certainly didn’t want that when there were tasks to be completed.

In his skulking around Sephiroth caught scent of something.  He couldn’t quite decipher it in the stew on unfamiliar smells of the desert and nearby rainforest, but he still crouched to the ground so the sand brushed against his belly as he crept foreword.  No matter what it was beyond the dune in his line of vision, his innate predator instinct told him to hunt, to chase, to kill.  His muscles bunched and tensed intensely, carrying him foreword, slowly and silently towards the mound that surely hid his victim.  There, just a few more paces and he could…

Pounce!  The Roseblood guard would suddenly spring foreword over the sand dune, his claws outstretched as he released his pent up carnivorous energy on whatever helpless little animal would fall victim to his jaws!

”Woahwoahwoah wait!!”

A voice made Sephiroth loose the intense focus he had on the hunt, as instead of landing gracefully atop the body of something he found himself crashing to the sand nose first and skidding along the gritty substance for a good few centimeters.  Squeezing his eyes shut to avoid getting sand in them, once he stopped moving he cracked an aquamarine eye open to see who had spoken to him.

Turns out his would be prey had talked.  Except it wasn’t your typical food animal, it was just a domestic cat.  He was small, but then again everybody was small compared to Sephiroth’s grand frame, and bunched up into a ball inbetween the lion’ outstretched forelegs.  The feline unfurled himself quickly from his defensive position.  He was coated in a coat of pale golden fur that stuck out in the oddest of ways, darker tabby stripes marking his face.  Said stripes and fur framed soft facial features, the centerpiece of them being the pair of clear blue eyes staring up into the lion’s own sharp eyes.  The small cat’s pale chest heaved, but his expression turned to a fix of surprise, anxiety, and gratefulness.

”Oh, jeez!  If you hadn’t stopped I would’ve been gone in a heartbeat!  Thanks, that’s certainly not how I wanted my day to end.”  The blonde pelted feline offered a small lopsided grin at his would be predator.  ”Loner life is depressing enough, if I died after being squished by a lion that would’ve been embarrassing.”

Sephiroth wouldn’t move as the smaller cat babbled on about whatever.  His eyes remained sharp and intent on the lone stranger.  The color of his own blue green eyes seemed even more intense, the slit pupil even narrower, the faint glow to them slightly brighter.  Something was stirring inside of his head again, something locked away in a mental vault that was only now unlocked.

The golden furred tom didn’t seem to notice Sephiroth’s strange expression or behavior and kept talking.  ”You part of that group that just moved in?  You smell weird.  Yeah, you probably are.  Can’t think of any other reason we haven’t met before.  When you wander about as much as me you tend to meet people.  And since I’m not a part of no group I can come and go as I please!  Feels really great, y’know?  No responsibilities and whatnot.”

Memories flooded Sephiroth’s head as he zoned out of the feline’s aimless speech.  Memories of somebody, not a cat?  Some other creature.  With the golden fur, hair, and the clear blue eyes.  Eyes that looked at him with admiration and awe.  Eyes that looked at him with seething hatred.  Emotions rose up in his body that matched the anger he saw in his blue eyes.  Eyes that were the last thing he cast his own upon before he….vanished?  He couldn’t see anything past that.  The gold and the blue came to him again in a haze of darkness .  He was being spoken too, commanded.  He refused.  ’I will never be a memory.’

”Anyways, it might be about time I head on my merry little way.  Hey, you could some with if you want!  See if I got any prey to share or a space for to rest or-”

It had only taken a heartbeat for Sephiroth to surge foreword and clasp his massive jaws around the domestic cats head.  A squeal came from his victim, the target of his unknown rage and cold fury, and he felt tiny pinprick claws scratch as his whiskers.  The lion didn’t relent.  His slammed both paws into either side of the cat’s flank and sank his claws in and attacked furiously.  His teeth worked the cat’s head in his mouth, pressing down and down and hard and hard.  He could practically taste the animal’s fear.  Sephiroth’s claws unhooked and the lion would rise to his paws and lifted his head, rearing up onto his hind legs before slamming the feline’s body into the ground beneath him.  He repeated this twice, thrice, four times over.  The snap of the cats neck was drowned out by the blood and fury ringing in the Roseblood’s ears.  He eventually dropped his prey to the ground.  He was already dead.  Deeps claws drew gushing red from his sides, and his head was barely attached to the his body at this point.  Sephiroth could’ve snapped it off with one claw and swallowed it whole if he so desired.

The lions’ sides would heave with heavy and deep breaths, red dripped from his maw and stained his pale paws scarlet.  What had come over him?  Something cold and furious that clawed out of his head and entered his heart, spreading through every bone and muscle in his body.  Something dark and ancient in his body.  Something he didn’t quite understand, something he felt so desperately that he needed to understand.

But he didn’t know how.

Sephiroth would shake his maned head, quickly covering the cat’s body with a layer of sand before he turned away to head back to the main base with a quick and hasty pace.  Once he reached the canyon and then the rainforest the lion would rinse his paws and face clean of blood in a small pool of water, staring at his reflection after the fact.  His eyes, all slit pupil and otherworldly color, were still glowing ever so slightly, and his expression was darker than usual.

He would shake his head again before pacing back and heading back to the Roseblood’s underground ruin.  Sephiroth’s pace was unusually quick as he passed through into the camp and his eyes were wavering.  Distant.  There was going on in his head, and he needed answers.  Soon.

Re: and the gulls gave me my singing voice / memories, development / gore warning - Luciferr - 09-27-2018

[table]
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
TALYN is an INDORAPTOR that stands at a height of 9FT, His species allows bipedal and quadrupedal movement, he wields bone crushing teeth and frightful strength. He resides within the ROSEBLOODS. his parents were REQUIEM x BRIDGEWATER of an old site litter, with last names of Valdis, Kuchiki and HARBINGER. he is the RED ASPECT of WAR of 4 and has amnesia of any past lives after the merging.
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
"I hope the snakes did not trouble your journey" another voice drawled from a crevice carved into the ruin's wall, a single yellow-red eye slit open and staring out of the dark carved space where the Indoraptor had curled himself up in a makeshift nest "Apophis' servants are ever hungry" or so their leader had said - and sure enough those serpents weren't natural, large and strangely alien in all types of appearances, but War had merely been fascinated by the beasts lingering out in the greater expanse of the desert.

his mind focused back on the present, a mre thought spent ruminating on that in a fraction of a second - he had not lived so long on slow wits and slow reflexes - and that eye remained trained on the returning figure of the silver Lion, Sephiroth and the darkened mood about him.

[align=center]HYMN OF RUIN
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
TALYN HARBINGER
Count bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
© ceilidh