Beasts of Beyond
Always Got My Family of Me /| Introduction - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Always Got My Family of Me /| Introduction (/showthread.php?tid=6322)

Always Got My Family of Me /| Introduction - Zekai I. - 09-18-2018

Ah, the land he knew. The land he loved. The... the only place he had ever considered 'home.'
Zekai stretched, his fluffy forepaws gliding easily along the patted-down dirt. He let out a yawn, before straightening up again, hurriedly shaking a few loose specks of earth from his blue coat. The wolf-dog glanced around for a second, before he took a few more prancing steps into the camp.
Where had he been for the past few days?
Well... It doesn't matter. He's here now, just being how he is. Including playing host to extreme caution-- why? Because he knew she was there. Can't avoid the Ancient forever, though. But was he going to try?
Yes.
That's exactly why he didn't exactly announce his return, too-- to avoid the disaster that had become interaction with his old friend.
But even so, he was here, he was ready to take part after a three day absence. As promised.

Re: Always Got My Family of Me /| Introduction - ghostpact - 09-18-2018

Moonshadow, always the busy bee, had been out of camp for the better part of that day, patrolling their territory. More recently, he'd been on a look out for the attacker of one of their newer members. So said the cat, at least. He had his suspicions, but he could never be too careful about it, either. If the accusation was true and he didn't believe it, something bad could happen to his family and he would be at fault. It was difficult, so he opted to play it safe.

He was stepping into camp just after Zekai, watching the bouncing wolf-dog with narrowed eyes. As if they needed any more stress lately, that one had decided to just up and leave for Hylia knows what. With a low, annoyed growl, he stalked toward Zekai.

"Welcome home, pup." Even if it were not physically true, he certainly acted like one at times. "Kind of you to join us, isn't it? Where've you been? You know we need all paws on board here."

Raising his head, he looked over the wolf-dog for any injuries he might've sustained from his... whatever it was he doing. Luckily, he appeared to be fine. But maybe unlucky for Zekai because that just meant Moonshadow could lecture him and not have to worry about getting him to a medic anytime soon.

Re: Always Got My Family of Me /| Introduction - Zekai I. - 09-18-2018

And, with very good reasoning, the poor wolf-dog practically jolted off of his paws, whirling around to face Moonshadow. There was a split second where his right eye was visible, before the fluffy 'ridge' of fur covered it again. Hey, he was easily spooked, alright?
"Oh... it's just you. Sorry," he apologized, upon realizing who had startled him. "I was trying to pull my weight around here. Lack of magic doesn't help with hunting, y'know?" He knew he would have to explain-- but really, he hadn't just been hunting. He had been trying to collect materials to help expand the camp a bit.
"Honestly, what I could collect wasn't enough to bring back, and when I had gotten another piece of food to bring, the first was gone... So I stayed away, hoping to return with at least two pieces of meat. I'll head out again soon."

Re: Always Got My Family of Me /| Introduction - tristitia - 09-18-2018

[align=center]
The very one he had been attempting to avoid was now here. Once she saw the silvery-gray wolfdog, the dire wolf skidded down from her treehouse, getting small splinters in her paw. Why? Well, she was just so excited to see her super, very close friend! The wolf gives a smile as she walks over. Before she heard her brother scold  him. She sighed, hopping on that train a bit. "Zekai... you know I love you, you’re my friend. However, you know that the Realm does not have members. Please try to stick around more. While I appreciate you hunting, we can use your help in different ways. Welcome back."
[align=center]
[align=center]

Re: Always Got My Family of Me /| Introduction - Zekai I. - 09-18-2018

Zekai frowned, his once-chipper expression instantly becoming serious, with just a hint of fear in his visible eye. "...Yes, ma'am... I'll try to stay around more. But I still want to help out," he added, shifting his left paw a tiny bit. He seemed nervous, but turned away after a moment.
"Again, I'm sorry for being away for the past few days. I won't let it happen again. If I'm free to go, however, I'd best sand the stairways to prevent splinters... You should go see about getting those plucked, by the way."

Re: Always Got My Family of Me /| Introduction - ghostpact - 09-18-2018

The wolf sighed heavily, gaze wondering off for a moment while Zekai explained to him whatever it was he was doing away from camp for so long. To be fair, he had to give him credit for trying, but obviously, it wasn't working. And they didn't need things to not for them right now. Or ever, for that matter. Ideally, everything and everyone should be functional at best, but sometimes they hit a few snags in the road there.

As he shifted again to look back at Zekai, the sound of Runicflare barreling down from her treehouse interrupted. His eyes snapped to her as she came over to share her piece, sighing again. Once she was finished speaking, he lowered his head slightly.

"Rune, if I may. You should be more careful. If you trip over those stairs and break a leg, do not come crying to me. Don't do anything stupid while we don't have an Augur around." He paused for a moment, about to return attention to Zekai when he had a sudden thought. "No, even if there is an Augur around, do not do anything stupid."

Finally, he turned back to Zekai and held up a paw. "Not free to go, though, sanding those stairs is a good idea. Whether we're... sliding down them or not, we're bound to get a splinter from them." He glanced sideways at his sister for a moment before looking back.

"Zekai, I understand you wish to help, but hunting isn't the only way to help around here. Take the idea you just had a moment ago for example. Secondly, magic does not always help hunting, either. Sometimes, you need purely your own physical skills to do something, and that is fine. If you need lessons, I am here to offer them." Hylia knew he needed them. It wasn't a secret Moonshadow was not much of a magic-user himself. He had access to it, but he never felt the need to use it when he did enough with only his teeth and claws.