Beasts of Beyond
abracadabra + discovery - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: abracadabra + discovery (/showthread.php?tid=6247)

abracadabra + discovery - toboggan - 09-16-2018

Golden threads weaved with the aged black leather, soft strands inscribing the words “ABRACADABRA - A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO MAGIC TRICKS AND MORE”. Why the book was bobbing helplessly in the salty aqua near his home, the wolverine may never know, yet its exterior’s colour palette immediately clasped his attention, motivating Wendell to read what the waterlogged pages had to say after fishing it out. If this “guide” truly was to teach him all about the arts of illusion and entertainment, sign him up. New things always astounded him, especially if it meant finding a new hobby. The last time Wendell’s hobbies led him anywhere, he was enjoying ornate drinks at a wine tasting event, and that was about two years ago. What activities did he enjoy engaging in again? Critiquing food, enjoying food, and making food? Three was not enough if he had this much free time. Provided that the guide was of enough quality, sure, he would pick up the ways of the magician. As long as it gave him something to do, and others were entertained, this little book’s job was well done. 

Too bad the sea made a dog’s dinner of the publication; the paper pages were in absolute shambles, some contorted, others ripped, and a few obviously missing from existence. From what remained, the mustelid could discern that this was basic stuff, with tricks like the one with the teleporting ball, and another involving  water vanishing from a glass. But, most of these involved sleight of hand, which was just impossible once you took the fact he was a wolverine into account. Oh well, at least a few of the acts appeared to be doable. He’d retreat into the comforts of his home, returning to the book’s spot on the boardwalk with a deck of cards, which were meant for gambling. There was one trick that immediately caught his mind - the cliche is this your card? trick. It looked easy enough, all he’d have to do is spread the deck out with the ace of spades in a certain spot...

There. It was a hassle, but he got it done. Now all Wendell had to do was wait, wait for a client willing to participate. Unless people really had nothing on their itineraries, finding someone intending on watching cards get fumbled with could prove difficult. There was a counter to this. "Who wants to bet?" he’d ask ringingly, ”’F’I don’t get your card right, you get something.”

Re: abracadabra + discovery - GORDON CIPHER. - 09-17-2018

Magic was a strange concept to Gordon and it intrigued her, honestly. Whenever somebody did magic tricks (or hell, even used their powers), it amazed her and she found herself awed by whatever that person had done. Her only power was the bond between her and her brother but that wasn't exactly a power per say as it was perhaps a perk of being a twin. Gordon's ears pricked at the sound of Wendell's voice and she made her way over to his home, tilting her head in curiosity at what he was doing."A prize?" She echoed, clearly trying to ask what sort of 'something' he was getting at.
i am a lion born from things you cannot be ! ━

Re: abracadabra + discovery - toboggan - 09-18-2018

"Essentially," he hummed in response to Gordon, whom he recognized from the meet and greet he hosted, which failed to meet expectations yet was a fine one at that. The trading aspect of it didn’t work out in the end, but again, it was completely fine by all means, just a failed attempt at socializing, a fault on his part for not being more clear. ”Jus’ foun’ this book, want to give one of these card tricks a try. I thought it’d be fun if I made a game out of it, with a prize of your choice.” He’d dip his noggin towards the spread out collection of playing cards, hinting at their importance to the she. The odds at correctly getting this on the first try were slim, which was why he added in the “if I fail, you win” aspect to it; it was a goal of his to free up space in his home, as his collection of drinks and luxurious foods were beginning to clutter up space. ”What you have t’do is choose a card, remember it, an’ put it back in. Then, I’ll shuffle it and pick a random card. If it’s yours, I win, but if I choose one of the fifty-one other cards, you win. Easy?”

When Gordon was ready, she could choose a card. This would be interesting.