Beasts of Beyond
The long-term - seed-planting event - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: The long-term - seed-planting event (/showthread.php?tid=6237)

The long-term - seed-planting event - Morgan - 09-16-2018

Morgan had prepared the farm for its renovation during the week before; although it was a small place, there was still a lot of equipment to move and seeds to gather. He remembered from an experience a long time before that some seeds were stored in the nearby windmill, so he put together a large basket full of them in front of the old, broken barn.

"Today's task is simple, but not as physically demanding as the task by the docks," the canine called out to nobody in particular. "I have a set of tools here called shovels. We can use them to dig into the earth around here and plant seeds. If it all goes well enough, we'll be on our way to a more varied food supply, because these seeds'll grow into fruits and vegetables before long."

Morgan dug into the ground with his claws, then dropped a small mouthful of seeds into it. He replaced the dirt and watered the area with some of the liquid his bracers held. "It looks easy enough, right?"

Re: The long-term - seed-planting event - aya - 09-16-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 55%; font-family: arial; font-size: 10pt; text-align: justify;"]Easy, easy, easy... Yes, yes, easy. Aya drifted over and blinked at the shovels, wondering where Morgan had found them, but also how they were going to wield them. "These shovels are a little big for me," Aya mused quietly, "so can I just use my claws to dig instead?" She wobbled up to where the seeds were being kept and sniffed at them, unable to focus enough to identify them individually. Still, she took a pawful and made her way over to an empty bit of land, digging her claws into the hard, cold ground.

tags | updated 19/8:

Re: The long-term - seed-planting event - guts - 09-16-2018

NOW THE WORLD IS ONLY WHITE NOISE, FREQUENCIES THAT I CANT UNDERSTAND. I CANT BE BOTHERED WITH THE TEACHERS, ALWAYS TRYING TO SHAPE THE WAY I ACT. BURN IT DOWN, BURN IT DOWN, BURN IT DOWN —
Aineias didn't know much about plants, so she was unsure if they could actually grow things here in this swampy place. But still, she was no expert, so she just planned to go along and do what she was told. She needed a distraction to keep her awake, anyways. She didn't sleep very well these days.

The hybrid grabbing some seeds, she would choose a random spot to start digging, disregarding the shovels and simply using her claws like Aya was. They were there for a reason, after all. Once she had made a small hole in the dirt, she dropped one in. Then she moved on, making sure it wasn't too close to the last one.

[div style="text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px lightsteelblue; font-size: 24px;"]— AINEIAS
#psychosocial.

Re: The long-term - seed-planting event - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 09-17-2018

Re: The long-term - seed-planting event - ophelia. - 09-18-2018

[align=center][div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 65%; line-height:120%; text-align: justify;font-family: verdana;"]Ophelia walked over, nodding as Morgan explained what they'd be doing today. This task was actually perfectly suited for her current situation; there was no way she could jar her injured wing too much doing this. Her gaze flicked over the others, watching them disregard the provided tools, and she figured that she'd do the same. The shovels looked to unwieldy, and her claws would do perfectly fine against the dirt under their paws.

Quietly, she stepped over to take a few seeds and then made her way over to a free patch of earth to begin digging and placing down seeds, sure to cover each one carefully before moving on to the next.