Beasts of Beyond
slow dancing in the wild / TERRITORY MOVE - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: slow dancing in the wild / TERRITORY MOVE (/showthread.php?tid=6180)

slow dancing in the wild / TERRITORY MOVE - emil - 09-14-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; padding: 10px; height: auto; overflow: auto;"][div style="width: 400px; padding: 0px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial;"]after the fire had destroyed their home, the rosebloods did not have very many places to go. at the edge of the territory, in a small clearing the fire had not touched, they took shelter while their leader debated over what to do, where to go. it was tight, and everyone was on edge from losing their home and some loved ones; prestige could feel the tension in the air each time he went on his rounds to check on everyone, feel their eyes lingering on him as he passed, wondering what their next move was. if he was being honest, the pharaoh wasn't sure. he didn't know where to go.

in the night, when sleep took him away, the sun god visited him. in his ear, ra whispered to him, and shared with him a vision of thick rainforest, a hole in the ground, ancient ruins; when the snow leopard arose from his sleep, the sun peered over the trees and into their hideout, bathing the tall grass in golden rays. he watched it rise for a few moments, then turned to his dwindling numbers, stirring from sleep. prestige twitched his tail. he knew where to go. ra would lead them to their new home.

silver paws carried him to a small, jutting rock in the clearing, hopping upon it and watching silently as curious eyes followed. the leopard cleared his throat quietly. "rosebloods," he murmured. members padded slowly to him and seated themselves ahead of him, wondering what the pharaoh could have to say.

"today we will be beginning our journey to find our new home." prestige announced to them, and though some gave him confused looks, he continued. "i need volunteers to run ahead of us and scout out this place before the rest of us come, so we know it is safe and habitable." he didn't offer many details; to any volunteers, he would speak to privately and give them the location. the pharaoh couldn't help the suspicion growing within him, unable to figure out what could have possibly started the fire in their territory. there were no traces of any creatures, and it certainly did not seem natural.

best not to dwell on it.

pres rubbed a paw over his face and sighed. "we will leave just after noon. prepare your things." have trust in me. the snow leopard finished with a short nod before he hopped down from the rock, then seating himself at its side, watching the crowd for any that wished to scout ahead for him.

Re: slow dancing in the wild / TERRITORY MOVE - Luciferr - 09-14-2018

[table]
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
TALYN is an INDORAPTOR that stands at a height of 9FT, His species allows bipedal and quadrupedal movement, he wields bone crushing teeth and frightful strength. He resides within the ROSEBLOODS. his parents were REQUIEM x BRIDGEWATER of an old site litter, with last names of Valdis, Kuchiki and HARBINGER. he is the RED ASPECT of WAR of 4 and has amnesia of any past lives after the merging.
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
"I can scout ahead" Talyn was the first to speak up, the indoraptor was fast and swift, capable of covering ground and dealing easily with threats given his size and arsenal of weapons - a perfect scout across land if needed and it seemed he would be.

he knew his 'brother' would likely stay with the group given his colder abilities, likely to keep the group cooler or stop any dehydration if they were to travel great distances - and if they were to travel to warmer climates, which intuition told him might be true.

[align=center]HYMN OF RUIN
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
TALYN HARBINGER
Count bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
© ceilidh

Re: slow dancing in the wild / TERRITORY MOVE - Jiyu Simul Stamus - 09-14-2018

Protecting that clearing was one of the hardest things she had ever done in her life, mostly because of how little she actually felt like she did. Normally? She was the one using her powers to do the things she had asked Rizer to do, the one rushing back in how she had let Prestige rush back in, the one keeping a sharp eye on things like she had asked Talyn to do. Jiyu was always the last one barking orders unless it was organizing guard or violence related things, and she certainly was never the one worrying about comforting everyone, making sure they actually felt safe or secure. In the end, the calico had pulled through that night, excusing herself for a patrol around their destroyed territory nearly soon as Prestige had shown up the next morning. Yet, the effects of being forced into a task she would normally never willingly take on, being pushed into showing herself that she was capable of more than mindless loyalty and physical protection? Lingered long after the flames, embers, and smoke had faded.

Jiyu had been doing her part, but it was odd because she went even further than normal to make sure she was doing her part entirely or mostly alone. Normally, she would at least sit with everyone occasionally, but since the fire she had not even stayed in the clearing, guarding it from several meters away on the branch of a dead tree. She needed to get back to being who she had always been, not what Prestige had unintentionally shown her she could be.  "I'll go with him" sure she would have to be with Talyn for a while as they went ahead of the others, but it was better than being with everyone else, risking taking action to try emotionally comfort them and screwing everything up. Heck, if she got lucky? She would be able to seperate from Talyn eventually before coming back to report in to Prestige at a later time.

Plus, she had no reason to stay here, every good memory she ever had in this place had been burned by the flames, and she hadn't seen her mother's ghost since. Perhaps when the mansion burned down the other calicos connection to the world of the living had broken? Jiyu didn't want to think about it, didn't want to think about how if her siblings ever came back they'd never be able to find her now, that everything she had been clinging to was gone except for a few scrap items she had managed to recover. "I don't have any more things to collect, my room went up entirely and everything-" there was nothing else she could save, sure she found a few scraps of numerous sentimental scarves and other half destroyed items, taken those, but there was nothing she could really save. All the calico had left of everything she had ever been through? Was destroyed remnants stashed in the piece of what looked like a half burned out cat pelt tied around her neck, laying between her shoulder blades so she could keep what little she did have safe. "I can't do anything here." she couldn't stand to be here, she wasn't reliable, the only thing Jiyu knew was that she wanted the pain to stop.

Staying here another moment? Wouldn't make her bruises, scratches or her missing fangs hurt any less, all she needed was to get away, without running away. Jiyu didn't run away from her own demons, she lived by pushing through them, the only thing that would make her feel better, the only thing she could see, was moving forward again.

Re: slow dancing in the wild / TERRITORY MOVE - sephiroth - 09-14-2018

[Image: tumblr_p18fkxSdpR1ugq03no1_r1_540.gif]
SEPHIROTH
MALE — ROSEBLOODS — MEMBER — HOVER FOR TAGS
[div style="background-color: #292727; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 340px; padding: 10px;"]Sephiroth would be the next to arrive on the scene.  His wounds still stung but he was more functional now, still pushing on for the sake of his group.  The pale wildcat would stalk up to the scene, eyes set on Prestige.  His form was still tired and weary, but he wouldn’t say so.  He needed to remain strong as ever.

”I volunteer to carry anybody’s belongings if needed.”  He would rumble as an offering, standing near the front of the group with his head lifted to give a look of readiness.  Sephiroth would’ve volunteered, but others could do that task and his services were needed in other ways.  If everybody scouted, nobody else would be around the group for other duties.

Re: slow dancing in the wild / TERRITORY MOVE - emil - 09-15-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; padding: 10px; height: auto; overflow: auto;"][div style="width: 400px; padding: 0px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial;"]the snow leopard drew his gaze over talyn and jiyu as they approached him, offering them both a nod. his eyes lingered on jiyu for a moment longer; it was obvious she was devastated by the fire, no matter how she tried to hide it. he knew how she felt, how it was to lose everything you had loved and had been holding onto, the few things you had left to cherish in this world now a pile of ash. he hoped getting away from this place would allow them a new beginning. they could start over, and build out of the confines of their previous days.

prestige shifted slightly in his seat. "very well." he rumbled. "i need you two to head west, into the desert. clear a path for us. the place we're looking for is a rainforest within a canyon; scout it out, and whatever you find when you're finished, come back and join the rest of us." the pharaoh instructed them, meeting both of their gazes for a brief moment before he continued and dismissed them. "be safe, and go quickly."

with that he stood, breathing out a soft sigh before he left them to prepare for the rest of the group's move. he glanced to sephiroth, appreciative of the male's initiative. prestige twitched his tail once before moving through their dwindling numbers, offering help to any that he passed.

Re: slow dancing in the wild / TERRITORY MOVE - Luciferr - 09-17-2018

[table]
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
TALYN is an INDORAPTOR that stands at a height of 9FT, His species allows bipedal and quadrupedal movement, he wields bone crushing teeth and frightful strength. He resides within the ROSEBLOODS. his parents were REQUIEM x BRIDGEWATER of an old site litter, with last names of Valdis, Kuchiki and HARBINGER. he is the RED ASPECT of WAR of 4 and has amnesia of any past lives after the merging.
/real quick bc it's my sisters bday.

Talyn inclined his head, molten eyes glancing to Jiyu with a nod to the feline before back to Prestige at his words "understood" was the extinct predator's words before he swiftly turned to head out - slowly only at first for Jiyu to fall in step before he'd speed up to cover the ground.

/i'll let Jiyu post the 'return' from our thread while that goes ahead if thats okay? [member=1696]Jiyu Simul Stamus[/member]

[align=center]HYMN OF RUIN
TALYN HARBINGER
Count bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
© ceilidh

Re: slow dancing in the wild / TERRITORY MOVE - Jiyu Simul Stamus - 09-18-2018

They had been gone for a pretty decent amount of time, considering the few potential issues they had run into and solved to make sure everyone would be safe. Jiyu had found that while he was not nearly as unemotional as he appeared, the cool head Talyn could keep was very useful regardless of circumstances. If they got the time after moving? She would have to talk to Pres about making sure he was added to the guard team. Being able to trust him to have her back the entire trip, also meant she could easily trust him to perform the duties she took so seriously. Plus he would be a good option since besides for her the male was the only one who had currently gotten a chance to explore the new territory. "We should be alright" the calico announced the comment as she walked up beside Prestige, sitting down for a moment, giving her bruised body a slight break. "Most of it will be relatively simple though, but we should time things so we cross the desert in the dark, I barely made it with my pelt, thus it would be too dangerous for thicker pelted, very young or very old animals during the day, there is little to no shelter from the sun." she wasn't going to mention how she had made it through alright, just not happening. "Apart from that, we want to keep a few animals like Me, Talyn, Peytriviing and such along the edge in a strategic placement as there are a few predators along the journey, the riskiest a bunch of snakes." nothing they couldn't handle it would just require a bit of cuation to make the trip safely

Re: slow dancing in the wild / TERRITORY MOVE - Luciferr - 09-20-2018

[table]
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
RIZER is a MANTICORE that stands at a height of 5FT, like all his kind he has a barbed tail and like some he also has WINGS , much of his form is also scaled past his mane. He resides within the ROSEBLOODS. his parents were EURYDICE TARGARYEN and DOMERIC of an old site litter. he is the incarnation of the PALE ASPECT aka DEATH of the 4 heralds, he also has amnesia of past lives.
"I might mitigate some of the heat exhaustion" the solemn timbre of the pale manticore spoke up as he padded forwards with a nod, his abilities in this area might be of as much use as battling the fir away from the refugees had been "my abilities would certainly provide help for those struggling" given he naturally had cold feel to him, he wouldn't be surprised if quite a few wished to stick close in the more blistering hours.

[align=center]FIRE AND BLOOD
RIZER TARGARYEN
But what is this that I can't see, With ice cold hands taking hold of me?
© ceilidh