Beasts of Beyond
clan interest check/feedback?? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: clan interest check/feedback?? (/showthread.php?tid=5965)

clan interest check/feedback?? - fabrie - 09-07-2018

Re: clan interest check/feedback?? - dreamiplier - 09-07-2018

tracking <3333

Re: clan interest check/feedback?? - Imortapose - 09-08-2018

owo

Re: clan interest check/feedback?? - oliverdatboi - 09-09-2018

Big fat track for my mom <3 V interested.

Re: clan interest check/feedback?? - toboggan - 09-09-2018

holy cognac and bologna interesting

Re: clan interest check/feedback?? - tea - 09-09-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; border-width:0; width: 70%; text-align: justify; line-height: 1; font-family: times new roman; font-size: 10pt;"]alright - let's see what input i can give ! apologies in advance if i end up writing a little much

traditions - honestly, i love the idea of joiners each planting something in a clan-wide sort of greenhouse! it gives a nice opportunity for those who struggle with creating threads and getting into the rythym of groups when they originally join. (i know i  struggle with this problem and the opportunity of a little joining tradition to give me a jumpstart in the community is incredibly appealing) but yeah, i think it's a unique little twist on joining traditions and i love it lots!

as for the nymphs, all i have are just a few questions concerning them because im not for it or against it as long as all joiners wouldn't require one. how would the leaders or hps of the clan react to someone driving off or otherwise rejecting their nymph? would the occurrence be considered taboo? would a character be punished for, say, hurting their nymph?

and lastly, into the festivals, again, i'm a big fan. i would like to ask, though, if they would offer opportunities for allies to join in or if it would be a strictly in-clan sorta thing? & i know you're still in the beginning stage of making the group so youre probably not sure yet but at the moment how many festivals do they'd end up having per year? i know i was thinking maybe one for each main patron god - gaea, demeter, and oxylus - making three? i'm not too sure what you would do with the lesser worshipped gods though asdfgh

religion - i'm quite hesitant on touching onto religion due to personal feelings and how often i see certain religions played disrespectfully, but in this event i feel like it would work out fine. i wish i could offer more here but i'm not too knowledgeable in this aspect of things, i'm sorry

ranking system - the idea of only two divisions is quite nice as i know some people do end up getting confused if clans are split into even three or four groupings (myself being one of those people) it's simple and to the point - one side's passive and the other offensive/defensive. i will say i'm a big iffy on the names though, particularly 'the snapdragons'. while it sounds kinda snappy (heh) and feisty, i know i tend to see snapdragons as more resilient/stubborn than fighter-esque. i also find it kind of bland (?) naming in comparison to peony, if that makes any sense. :0 but i do love the idea of plant-themed names!

overall i absolutely adore gardening/plant themes and i really hope everything works out well of y'all in creating the group! i'll be eager to see how it all goes

Re: clan interest check/feedback?? - dreamiplier - 09-12-2018

ahh hi, tea, thanks for the response <33!!

traditions with the nymphs, we're still sort of deciding on whether they'd be required or not, or at least be required to go through the trial of the maze that normally gets you the nymph. the member could possibly accept whether they want the nymph or not, but this will be something we'll discuss more on and get back to you!
with hurting the nymphs, however, that wouldn't be possible since they're basically spirits that only talk to their companion or others if they wish to do so. they cannot be touched/touch things, however, as to not make the op, but we've talked about having them be able to touch plants. not to cause any physical damage, really, like knocking trees over and stuff, but to possibly be affected by them? we're still discussing this as well.

for the festival, we decided not to go with three festivals because it becomes too much. instead, we have one festival to celebrate the main trio of gods, and then another festival to celebrate the other important gods. each festival will have major events for each god as to not leave them out. and, yes, it would be an ally event! in the beginning, it may possibly be a way to get new allies/get to know the other clans, or just a clan thing.

ranking i can understand where people can see snapdragons as defensive!! thank you for pointing this out. and i second you on the peony division sounding bland; i thought so as well. we'll change both names and discuss them.
and i'm glad that the plant themed names seem to work! hopefully we can make it as to where they won't be confusing for everyone.

thank you for your input, tea! it was truly appreciated. thank you, and sorry if i missed some things!