Beasts of Beyond
you know my dreams :: fiesta (ghosts & swimming) - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Human Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: you know my dreams :: fiesta (ghosts & swimming) (/showthread.php?tid=5877)

you know my dreams :: fiesta (ghosts & swimming) - teef - 09-04-2018

[align=center][Image: giphy.webp]

jikai 'toji' horrel -- male - witchling - 21 - homosexual polyromantic - attack in [color=#FFD700]#FFD700 & tag [member=1929]jikai ![/member] - speech/thought in #151B54

☆▪☆▪☆▪☆▪☆

Bingo Slot(s): Hunting Ghosts & Go Swimming
Post Number: One

had tonight been an average night, jikai would have found himself coiled deep in his blankets, soothed by the nighttime noises made by the ocean lapping against the rocky beach. no, tonight he was out among the rocks, walking in the surf and following his senses.

he had been woken early, woken by the whispers of the wind, of snatches of voices in his ears. his wards had been set off around his small shack, the young witch becoming more alert as he felt a medley of violent and passive emotions overwhelm his senses until he could catch his breathe and force the spirits away.

he had to remember to pick up some iron items for his home, to keep the fae and sprites from his doors and step. he might be inclined towards nature within his magickal bounds, but on the other hand, he liked having a domestic life free of pine needles stabbing into the soles of his feet and squirrels nesting in his bedposts.

so why was he out in the surf exactly? why was he letting the cold white foam swirl up around his ankles and climb it's way up his calves to his thighs? he had been drawn like a puppet commanded by string and unsure commands, to come to the beach, the feeling of hands pushing him from his cozy hearth out through the woods on a wild chase. what he seemed was always out of sight, just around the corner, or holding itself so still as he passed on his mad dash.

his sprint had ended in the sea, water pushing up to and pulling away from his legs, an aching voice crooning out in the water, capturing the weak strings of his lonely broken heart that lay in shards at the bottom of his ribs. his heart thundered in his chest, slowing by the cold water's interference. he should have known by the first ward tripping that he was being called by a siren, a siren who had taken the voice of some long ago face he had known and voice he had loved more than the world itself. underlying the rich voice that he heard, he could hear the soft laughter of his lost son, his heart squeezing in longing for a time of which he could only remember in patches.

was it a ghost that he chased now, hunting down the last fading steps as they raced across the water that he must wade into, his face red with wind and tears as he screamed for them not to leave. the voice he longed for cut off suddenly, leaving the witch deep in the waters as it slithered into the water with a violent splash, panic over coming the young man's body so suddenly. water flooded his mouth and nose, hands raking the water as he kicked, fighting the fear of drowning as he called out for the plants he knew must be in the water. he was losing himself to the surf as his legs became entangled in the long creeping seaweed that refused to obey his jumbled and confused commands. he gave one desperate cry, knowing that his lack of ability to swim would be the one thing to kill him tonight. [color=#151B54]"Somebody, help!"
he choked out, voice ringing over waters that slipped and splashed, his head disappearing under water as he struggled to claw his way to the surface for air.

Re: you know my dreams :: fiesta (ghosts & swimming) - miss ririchiyo - 09-04-2018

MALE
18 Y/O
WERECAT
SAN CREADO
TAGS

He felt suffocated, like the breath was being dragged out of him, and he didn't like it. The werepanther still couldn't shift back, but he knew, deep down, something was wrong and he had to do something about it.

Chat crawled out of his bed, ignoring the pleads of 'don't go' from Adrien in his head and instead rushing out, toxic green orbs searching for the source of the feeling he got. Then, he heard it. Jikai. He was yelling. "He can't swim? God dammit.." Chat growled softly, rushing forward, his large paws sending up sand as he dived into the water. He was lucky panthers were such good swimmers, and it showed in how easily he kept his head over the water. "Grab on, Ji." Chat sputtered, turning his massive body to the side to allow him to crawl onto his back.

Re: you know my dreams :: fiesta (ghosts & swimming) - teef - 09-04-2018

[color=white]a low complaint fell off of his lips, hands entangling in the coarse thick fur of the werepanther. well, he felt pretty damn pathetic now. breathing his relief he felt the weeds let go of his legs, head pressed to chat's side as the panther kicked through the water, swallowing as he sensed the power it took from the werepanther in order to keep them both afloat.

he coughed and spluttered, trying to resist purging his lungs. groaning as he laid his head back down he shivered at the cold wind and water lapping at his skin and clothes. he wouldn't dare crawl above where the water felt lukewarm now. he knew that his weight could drown them both, and merely held onto his fur with his arm over his shoulders and back.

Re: you know my dreams :: fiesta (ghosts & swimming) - alexander - 09-04-2018

[table][tr][td][div style="width: 70px; height:70px; background-image:url(https://i.imgbox.com/W8N8gUDb.png); background-size: cover; background-position: top;"][/td][td][div style="width: 100px; text-align: center; font-family: arial; font-size: 7pt; color: #ff0000; line-height: 100%; padding-top: 6px; padding-left: 6px; opacity: 0.75; text-transform: lowercase;"]my brother's friends explain to me, with breathless words and bloody knees; it's a black eyed trust, respect the pain.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Lucky enough for Jikai, Alexander wasn't the first one to find him drowning. The vampire arrives at the beach moments after Chat, attracted by the screaming and general chaos of the situation. They can't help but laugh when they see the witch and panther, arms crossing over their chest. "It's a good time to go skinny dipping, I suppose, but I think you missed a few steps." First step being that you had to know how to swim. They would have to throw Jikai back out into the water a couple of times for that to happen, though.

They settled down on the sand, watching as the panther drags both of them back to shore, looking more indifferent than the situation should have allowed. When Chat gets close enough, Alex picks themselves up and comes to the edge of the water, gesturing for him to turn so they can take Jikai off his shoulders. They would be content to sit on the beach and heckle the two, but the witch looked like he was seeing the light, and - well, Alexander didn't want to lose one of the only forms of entertainment they had in this town.

The vampire tugs Jikai off of Chat's shoulder, wrapping an arm around his waist to keep him steady. They hum in thought, their mischievous smile back, burgundy eyes glinting in the dark. "So, what? You don't know how to swim? What were you doing out there, silly witch? You're a mortal, you know." They tease, dragging the man through the sand, away from the water. They glance back at the big cat to see if he's following them, throwing a wink over their shoulder. "Hey, once you get all that salt water out of your lungs, we'll throw you back in. You gotta learn how to swim in a seaside town."

&& beach 1/3, go swimming 1/3

Re: you know my dreams :: fiesta (ghosts & swimming) - teef - 09-05-2018

when upon shore and away from the water by a few feet, he began to shiver like mad, his teeth chattering. [color=#151B54]"Not at all ... what I had planned. Nnngh. Heard my ... partner's voice out on the water, and my son's voice ..." he mumbled, tongue thick from the chill. Shaking his head he bent over, casually trying to keep alex away from the watery vomit that he brought up, clothes drenched.

his skin was cold, blue to the eye. he hadn't been out there long but he had expended all of his magick in an attempt to keep himself above the water level. each step was hell, his lips trembling from the slight gale that blew around them all. "Need something warm ... my house has ... a hearth. Teach me to swim ... later."

beach & post three for swimming