Beasts of Beyond
*big gasp* - finding a mutant creature, o - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: *big gasp* - finding a mutant creature, o (/showthread.php?tid=5859)

*big gasp* - finding a mutant creature, o - selby roux ! - 09-03-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: georgia;"]Being new, Selby wasn't up to date with all the group going-ons. He was almost disinterested in the other members of the group, preferring to explore on his own or with Pastel. Today, he sat by the lake, occasionally picking up a rock and throwing it into the water to see the ripples it made.

When he had been sitting there for quite some time, movement caught Selby's eye closer to the shore. Curious, he made his way closer, only to have something jump out at him. He screamed, probably loud enough to get the whole forest's attention. Something heavy clung to his fur, and when he looked down at it, he almost screamed again.

At first glance, it looked like a normal frog. But the longer he looked, the more strange things jumped out at him. Its front legs were extraordinarily thin looking, and it sported two sets of hind legs. Its chest looked broader than that of a normal frog's, as though it lifted weights and was called Chad.

Selby found himself completely immobile, both from fascination of the thing and pure horror.

//for those of yall that were there for that discord conversation..... here it is

Re: *big gasp* - finding a mutant creature, o - Morgan - 09-04-2018

Morgan was no stranger to unusual creatures - one could even call him an 'unusual creature' to some degree. However, the thing that appeared in front of Selby could only be described as... a 'thing'. The samoyed sprinted in front of the young Tangler, drawing two blades of ice from the lake and growling at the strange beast. To nobody in particular, he asked, "What... what is this?!" He gave it a chance to retreat if it wanted to; he had no reason to kill something just because it looked odd.

Re: *big gasp* - finding a mutant creature, o - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 09-04-2018

Re: *big gasp* - finding a mutant creature, o - cavalrychoir - 09-04-2018

[align=center]
[div style="background-color:;border:;width:135px;overflowConfusedtretch;font-size:8.5pt;color:darkred;text-align:left;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:tahoma;margin-bottom:-10px;margin-left:7px;float:left;"]RENEGADEANTHEM—
he loud scream is what drew Ren to the scene. His large form jumping over various obstacles and on occasion running through bushes. The bushes just got in the way and if he were to go around, it would take too much time. An entire second he could have used to further propel himself forward. In a second, he could lunge for someone's throat and pin them to the ground. In a second, he could break a skull under his large paws. In a second, he could slide himself in and use his body as a shield. A second, though a small amount of time, cannot afford to be wasted. It seems as though he was worrying for naught when he finally burst onto the scene. More specifically, some good several yards away. His brain swiftly analysed the situation; first looking for the threat that needed to be neutralized, then for injuries. When both came back negative, he heaved a long sigh and sheathed his claws. Giving himself a shake, he brushed off the twigs and leaves that snagged on his think fur on his way over before quietly joining them. He wasn't pleased with using up his energy and discovering it was for nothing and it showed on his face. Not to mention, the readiness to fight then not be presented with an opponent. He grunted as he came to a halt beside them, eyes shifting from member to member only to land on the mutated creature. His breath hitched at his throat for a second and as he just barely suppressed his urge to take the frog-thing and throw it as hard as he can back into the lake. Biting down on the inside of his mouth, Ren sat down without saying anything. A single nonexistent brow raised in a quizzical manner said it all.

Re: *big gasp* - finding a mutant creature, o - aya - 09-06-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 55%; font-family: arial; font-size: 10pt; text-align: justify;"]"A mutation!" Aya scrambled out of her inactivity, slinking up to Selby as she admired the frog from a distance, trying not to startle it. "Where did you find this? Would you let me run a couple of tests on it? I won't hurt it, I swear." The tortoiseshell's eyes remained locked on the frog, tail twitching as she hurriedly made mental notes.

tags | updated 19/8:

Re: *big gasp* - finding a mutant creature, o - selby roux ! - 09-07-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 51%; text-align: justify; font-size: 10pt; letter-spacing: -1px; font-family: georgia;"]//so heccing sorry for the late reply. three minute anxiety attack turned into a three day state of emotional turmoil and only now am i at all ready to rejoin society.

Selby, caught in the wonder of the mutated frog, did not notice at first when Morgan approached. He only looked up when the general spoke. Soon others followed, and the child found himself surrounded by people all asking questions. He tried his best to answer them all. "I... I think it's a frog," he said uncertainly, letting his tail lash lightly. "But I've never seen one like it before. And, uh, I guess you could if you wanted to? Especially if you're sure he won't be hurt. I want him back though."

Perhaps in the few moments of Selby being in possession of the mutated creature, he had formed a bond with the animal. More likely, however, was the possessiveness and selfishness that accompanied youth like a moth to a light. Selby would admit to himself internally that he didn't know how to care for a frog, but he knew that he needed to have it. Maybe a mutated frog was good luck!

Re: *big gasp* - finding a mutant creature, o - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 09-09-2018