Beasts of Beyond
CYBERPUNK | o, weekly task + mural painting - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: CYBERPUNK | o, weekly task + mural painting (/showthread.php?tid=5724)

CYBERPUNK | o, weekly task + mural painting - CROSSFADE - 08-28-2018

[align=center][div style="text-align: justify; width: 60%; font-family: georgial; font-size: 11pt;"]His first ever weekly task had been to paint a mural alongside his clanmates. Perhaps it was an acquaintance subtly trying to nudge him away from getting involved in warfare (though the thoughts of being a knight still made the owl giddy), or perhaps the clan just really liked to paint - judging by the explosions of colours on each and every wall, Corryn was happy to believe it was the latter. It hadn't been hard for him to find some paints and brushes dotted about the place, some kind members had even opted to carry boxes and tins of them for the avian so he could have an easier time distributing them to those intrigued in helping him out. Hopping on top of an unopened can of red paint, the owl, who might as well call himself a flamingo at this point given how much he was balancing on just one leg, sunk his talons into the edge of the tin. His blank canvas of choice this time was an abandoned house, belonging to a warrior who had either moved on from Sunhaven or had perished defending it. It was an accommodation that was originally a very pale blue in colour, but after today, Corryn was positive that it would look just as vivid as Sunhaven did from the sky. Oh... how he couldn't wait to spread his wings again and try doing what his parents never let him do.

"Hey guys!" he cawed, growing more and more confident in these new surroundings every day. "I've been tasked with painting a mural with help from you fellows, and I'd appreciate it if you could all help me out. I was thinking of maybe making this particular house my home... and I sorta wanna make it all artsy. Do whatever designs you like, I won't be offended,". Several colours were available to the public, as were brushes of varying sized, but for now Corryn plucked up a thick brush dipped in white paint. He was going to try creating a self-portrait, goodness knows how it was going to turn out. Holding the brush between the digits on his injured leg, feeling comfortable putting more pressure on it after a day or two of rest, the barn owl would begin trying to make a circle... a very uneven circle that looked more like a plump oval. Oh well, it's just me after I've eaten too many voles he reassured himself, re-dipping his brush as he began to think about how he'd colour it in. Looking down at his own breast, Corryn would then quickly whirl his head around and get a look at the feathers on his back. A pale brown... hmm... looks like he'd have some mixing to do.

Re: CYBERPUNK | o, weekly task + mural painting - Beverly Resurgam. - 08-28-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 13px;"]While she originally had no real intention of joining a guild, the Art Guild had been sounding more interesting as the days passed by. She wasn't an outstanding artist, but she was decent at painting landscapes and the stars, so she spent a lot of her free time doing that. Nothing the Hearthkeeper did was perfect, but it wasn't like she was striving for perfection anyway.

"A mural?" the short feline echoed as she padded up towards Corryn, watching him begin his piece. Beverly's eyes scanned over the selection of paints and brushes, thinking long and hard about what she wanted to paint. Her safest option was the stars, though she preferred to have a night sky to reference, and she had no good (or safe) way of getting closer to the top of the house. Instead, she opted for a small garden to line the trim of the house.

Grabbing a medium-sized brush, Beverly dipped it in a grassy green color and began her work, making small brushstrokes as she scooted along the wall. Once finishing the grass, she looked up at the owl. "What are you painting? If you don't mind me asking," she spoke, rising to her paws and making her way back to the paints. "Oh! Is that you? It looks great!"

/ allow me to say that corryn is wonderful and i love him

Re: CYBERPUNK | o, weekly task + mural painting - rhosmari - 08-30-2018

MONROE
MALE — SUNHAVEN — SUNBEARER — HARD
He never painted himself but the idea of being able to know was intriguing. The male had given Cor this activity as a way to branch out more and get to know everyone. Really, it was to help others get involved with Sunhaven more and he figured it would be fun. Even if he didn't know how to paint himself the shark mutant would be all too happy to try regardless of the circumstances. So he made his way over with ease, slipping along the buildings as he heard voices rising up and activities began. The smell of paint lifted up into the air and he got a slight nervous feeling bubbling up inside of him. His talents were slim and he didn't want to make anything look ugly because that just didn't sit well with him and he sighed a bit as he moved around the corner of the building to find the group painting. Fidgeting he just stood there and watched, eyes shifting over the three creations that was going on. It seemed Cor was doing a self portrait, Bev was painting a garden, and the new guy he didn't know as painting the heavens at night. They all looked so good and so he decided that he wouldn't ruin it and instead he would just come over and make pleasant conversation for right now."Everything looks really nice ya guys!" The Goldenblood called out with a light tone as he stepped forward, eyes glancing over at the mural as he settled down and tucked his tail against himself.
#psychosocial.

Re: CYBERPUNK | o, weekly task + mural painting - PIERCE - 08-31-2018

[div style="margin-top: 30px; text-align: center; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 35px; color: white;"]pierce parker
☀ — just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me
space
The largest thing Pierce had ever painted had been a portrait of his old clan. He had been one of the only artists in that place - at least, one of the only artists who painted. He couldn't quite recall if it had been a task he was given or just something he decided to do, but he could still vaguely envision the piece in his mind. Riddlersgame stood with his family, two little kittens and a beautiful molly, though he couldn't quite recall any of their names. The kittens, the boys, Pierce could remember growing up to be well-respected in the clan, though he hadn't had the best of relationships with one. He stood near the edge of the group, he was pretty sure, and he'd placed some of his other friends who didn't really have families next to him. The canvas had been huge, way above his head, and filled with each of his clanmates. He'd even put a pretty background of their camp, if he wasn't mistaken. A masterpiece, it had been, though lost to time, left in that other world.

He couldn't help but wonder- had anyone ever come across his home after Riddler and Clementine left? Had someone who had never even known their beloved vice-leader stumbled across the abandoned studio under the overhang, found his paintings of flowers and loved ones alike? Did anyone there even remember him? The thought of being forgotten by those he loved had always terrified him, and it still did, but for some reason, hew as unbothered by this possibility. Perhaps, it was because he had forgotten these people first. How could he be upset they didn't know him anymore if he'd forgotten about them first?

All that dark stuff aside, Pierce was still painting to this day, so when he heard Corryn's call, he was quick to approach. "So there's nothing specific you're going for?" questioned the slender tom, peering into a tin of royal blue paint before glancing up at the avian. "No color scheme or specific landscape, or anything?" This would certainly be... interesting, if that were the case, but he had a feeling they could tie it all together if they were careful, and besides, it allowed for more creative freedom.

"speech"
space