Beasts of Beyond
power question - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: power question (/showthread.php?tid=5715)

power question - cyantist - 08-28-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 540px; text-align: justify; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]I'm planning to play a Dragoon and Dragon combination with Hyoyeon, so I need to ask a few questions about what would be possible between the two and what I would need to buy.

— I'm planning to have Hyoyeon slowly gain draconic features, would I be able to add horns, wings and scales through gradual mutations or would I have to buy the hybrid in order to allow her to develop these features? They will come from her bond with Tiamat, so having them mutate as she and her dragon grow more powerful is the goal.
— Do dragons need any other than themselves to fly? As in, buying the mythical creature would be alright to have a flying dragon.
— If I wanted them to share a power e.g. lightning breath, would I have to buy two lightning elementals or would they be able to share it? Both of them will always be played in tangent and share a bonded soul between the two of them, so I'm unsure as to whether they'd count as one or two characters.

Re: power question - nefarius - 08-28-2018

[align=center][div style=" background-color: transparent; border: 0px solid black; width: 550px; min-height: 9px; font-family:; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify; color:; padding: 20px"]
- You can add the mutations gradually, yes!
- Nope! You're right - you don't need any other item.
- Since you're actively roleplaying the dragon (I think), it would count as two characters rather than YC & NPC. So yeah, you'd have to buy two lightning elementals. Character bond only spreads to the extent of sharing the same injuries, thoughts, and feelings.

Hopefully this helps!

Re: power question - Orion - 08-28-2018

Assuming this is animal roleplay!

- If your character is becoming a hybrid, then buy the item. Even if these traits show up over time.
For example, if your character is a horse with a lion mane but they're still known as a horse, then mutations would be your best option... BUT if your character is a horse and slowly developing into a lion/horse hybrid where you refer to them as a hybrid and not a singular animal, then you would go with hybridization.

- Nope, if they have wings that are reasonable for their size, then they can fly freely.

- Two powers since it's two separate characters.

Re: power question - cyantist - 08-29-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 540px; text-align: justify; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]Thanks for the help! I have one last question - would water elementals cover an "ice breath" ability or not? Just whilst I'm planning out the development of my pair

Re: power question - Orion - 08-29-2018

It would!