Beasts of Beyond
on fan characters - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: on fan characters (/showthread.php?tid=5624)

on fan characters - woody - 08-25-2018

by fan characters I mean animal game characters bases on/inspired by a preexisting character in a fandom

I think I've seen some characters like this have it woven into their backstories that they were those characters from the fandom thing?  like, they can remember being that character(at least parts)?

is this allowed?  just wanna know before I go foreword with any plots lol

Re: on fan characters - Grimm - 08-26-2018

[align=center][div style="width:400px; font-size:8.4pt;line-height:1.1;color:#000;font-family:arial;margin-top:3px;margin-bottom:3px;letter-spacing:0px;margin-left:0px;text-align:justify;"]that is perfectly alright, the only thing i would say is not to claim a character from something as your own but if it is an oc from a fandom your in that is all good as well

as for remembering some i have seen, specifically with the bnha crew, they lived a life before coming here which is all the canon material from the source they originate from and retain the memories which would be reincarnation so you can have it they have full memory, partial or none at all if you want

Re: on fan characters - Luciferr - 08-26-2018

[color=black]Most of mine are OCs based in that world or OCs from my own stories - so I usually have them either transported here with the storyline generally being done before BoB (in the case of my sith lord and my grimm fam) or they're OCs of creatures etc fro there (such as my xenomorph character or even silentgrave to an extent).

but its perfectly fine to have em based on an existing character or straight up have em magically stuck here in an animal body (like with the Roy Mustang r the old RvB Crew in the ascendants) - just if they're not your characters or OCs based in that universe you obviously can't claim em as your own like grimm says.

Re: on fan characters - rakue - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 10:08 AM)Grimm link Wrote: [align=center][div style="width:400px; font-size:8.4pt;line-height:1.1;color:#000;font-family:arial;margin-top:3px;margin-bottom:3px;letter-spacing:0px;margin-left:0px;text-align:justify;"]that is perfectly alright, the only thing i would say is not to claim a character from something as your own but if it is an oc from a fandom your in that is all good as well

as for remembering some i have seen, specifically with the bnha crew, they lived a life before coming here which is all the canon material from the source they originate from and retain the memories which would be reincarnation so you can have it they have full memory, partial or none at all if you want
exactly this!

Re: on fan characters - woody - 08-26-2018

gotcha, thanks ya'll!!!!