Beasts of Beyond
got a hold on me / revelation - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: got a hold on me / revelation (/showthread.php?tid=5496)

got a hold on me / revelation - emil - 08-22-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; padding: 10px; height: auto; overflow: auto;"][div style="width: 400px; padding: 0px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial;"]/ all of this will be continued in the meeting tomorrow! no real need to reply, simply some .. context for what's to come

in the early light of day, the young leader found himself wandering. paws treading slowly over the leaves that covered the ground, he moved listlessly, blue eyes glazed over as he thought of meaningless things. not entirely meaningless; mostly tasks he needed to complete, people he needed to talk to. as the first signs of light peered through the canopy of trees, pink dancing across the stagnant black shadows shifting in the forest, the snow leopard slowed to a stop. ahead of him, a willow tree, leaves glowing in the young sunlight and looking incredibly appealing to the exhausted male.

he padded lightly to the tree, pausing at its base and resting a large white paw on a jutting root. he'd never seen this tree before, in all his patrols through the territory and idle wandering. he was suspicious, but at that moment, he was too damn tired to care about the tree's origins, merely thankful for its convenience. jaws stretched in a yawn, prestige settled in the winding roots of the enormous tree, curled against the base. stormy blue eyes fluttered closed and it took mere moments for him to drift off.

--

when he opened his eyes once more, the sky was bright with sun, bathing everything in pure gold. there was a slight moment of recognition when he realized he was dreaming; he had to be, the territory had never been so bright, so warm in the light of day. prestige was slow to stand, taking a few slow steps forward to peer around. there was only a minor warp to his vision, the usual one would experience in a dream. and yet, it still felt real.

a few moments passed, the leader simply standing at the edge of the willow tree, unsure of whether he should go forth. a noise behind him startled him out of his trance, head snapping back to the source. a great beast emerged from the hanging leaves of the tree, a falcon the size of a horse. prestige could feel himself bristle at the sight, taking a cautious step back as the creature neared. he was much smaller than it, the glowing bird towering high over him, eyes never straying.

before he could turn and flee, the beast's beak opened, and it spoke to him. "prestige nocte-maestus, leader of the rosebloods." it addressed him slowly, gaze scrutinizing. "...you are not what i expected."

the statement made his ears fall flat. "what do you mean?" he murmured, brow furrowing. "who are you?"

"what i mean," the creature boomed. "is you are only a boy, and yet you stand on top of these rogues that would tear you to shreds had you not earned the trust of your predecessor." the words were harsh, wrapping themselves around prestige's mind and squeezing. the snow leopard swallowed thickly and took another step back. "how is that possible?" it asked him; a rhetorical question, he knew, but he searched for the answer nonetheless. it was true; he knew nothing of how to lead a clan, how to command the ranks that looked up to him for guidance. he was... weak. undeserving. not good enough for this place he loved so much.

prestige clenched his jaw. "i don't know." he told the falcon, meeting its judging gaze. a quiet puff escaped it, but otherwise, it remained silent. tension hung in the air between them, thick enough to cut.

finally, the creature shifted, chin tipping upward as it peered at him. "i am ra, god of the sun." it told him, voice rumbling deep in its chest. "i am here to strike a deal."

a deal. a deal? the snow leopard frowned, thinking of what the god of the sun could possibly want from someone like him. he was suspicious of the idea, but it intrigued him nonetheless. prestige slowly waved his tail as he eyed the giant bird. "what do you want? i've not much to give you."

"i merely ask your patronage, young leader." ra murmured. "dedicate yourself and your rogues to me, and i shall grant you power... and memories you so desperately crave." something flashed in the falcon's eye as he watched prestige, cold and calculating, head tipped proudly up to the sky. prestige simply stared for a few moments, uncertain. it definitely... sounded like a good deal. perhaps ra would give protection from the daemons that stalked the grounds as well.

the snow leopard took a step forward. "tell me more."

--

prestige awoke slowly, blinking the sleep out of his eyes and turning to peer at the sun rising in the sky. he felt invigorated, stronger than he had before he'd drifted off. he stood from the roots of the tree, and with determination glittering within his eyes, he stalked off toward the mansion.