Beasts of Beyond
「 ❝ CITY OF ANGELS ❞ ┊ INTRODUCTION 」 - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Human Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: 「 ❝ CITY OF ANGELS ❞ ┊ INTRODUCTION 」 (/showthread.php?tid=5272)

「 ❝ CITY OF ANGELS ❞ ┊ INTRODUCTION 」 - Beatles. - 08-17-2018

TOMMY DEVITO ✧ — san creado — infotumblrpinterest
// hey so this thread got Nuked so i had to rewrite the whole thing,,, it's considerably more crappy than the original and i Apologize
tommy has been in sc for a few months icly so your character can know him already (feel free to hit up his plot thread to pre-establish relationships!)

San Creado was pretty ideal. Sun, beach, entertainment, lots of different people... Tommy fed off of these types of environment. He needed stimulation, something new and exciting, and he couldn't get that back in a cramped house with his big family. Tommy had stumbled across the town months ago, and so far, he was doing pretty good as an independent man. Sure, he hadn't physically seen his family in a long time, but he hadn't looked back. He was going to make something for himself here.

He already had a job at a local market, just a standard cashier position, but on the side? He did this — standing on the street corner on a sunny afternoon with his guitar in his hand. Not his electric one, but his acoustic, which wouldn't use up the batteries of his amp. Tommy always had a gift in music, even from a young age when his brother would beat him up for trying to steal his guitar. Nonetheless, he had acquired musical talent. Now, he played on the streets for tips — not because he was poor, but why not make an extra buck? Like they always said: you could take the boy from the street but you couldn't take the street from the boy. Tommy still retained a hustler mentality, where you should take what you could get in terms of money. Nothing good in life was free, ( or at least in his opinion. )

Tommy was currently closing his set with "Under the Bridge", "Under the bridge downtown, forgot about my love. Under the bridge downtown, I gave my life away... yeah, yeah..." He strummed the chords, moving his fingers along the frets. "Oh no, yeah yeah... Here I stay." He strummed the last chord, flashing a grin to the tourists that walked by. "Same time tomorrow, folks. I'll be here." Tommy said before bending down to pocket the cash that he had just made. Twenty bucks? Not bad for a single set.
© madi

Re: 「 ❝ CITY OF ANGELS ❞ ┊ INTRODUCTION 」 - body - 08-18-2018

[align=center][div style="width:50%; text-align: justify"]After having seen most of the world, Zachariah can't say he feels the same about this town. San Creado isn't the nicest looking place, though for some reason tourists are still drawn to it - every day it seems like he sees a gaggle of them wandering about, laughing and talking loudly, snapping pictures and all. It's quite easy to distinguish them from the locals, mainly because most of said tourists don't have fangs. He's seen plenty of towns on the beach before. The ocean, the beach, none of it is as exciting as it used to be. San Creado is, vampires aside, just like every other coastal town to him. He's kind of hoping there will be something or someone to prove him wrong.

Repetitive as it is, Zachariah still finds himself wandering aimlessly about, looking for some new sights to see or at least some place offering free samples. He doesn't feel hungry, but if he presses a hand to his stomach, he swears he can hear it rumbling. Either that, or the infection has spread further. While roaming around, he comes across a small crowd on some street corner, populated mostly by tourists. From behind the crowd comes music, some street performer belting out a song he doesn't think he's ever heard before. His taste is pretty limited, but he supposes the guy singing isn't half bad.

By the time he crosses the street, the man is done, but Zachariah still digs a rotting hand into his pocket and fishes out a bunch of crumpled bills and loose coins. "Hey," Zachariah says, offering Tommy the handful of cash. Most of it is foreign and probably unusable, maybe even worthless in this particular town, but there might be a bank somewhere around here. "That wasn't too bad."