Beasts of Beyond
U MAKE ME SICK + private, alex - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Human Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: U MAKE ME SICK + private, alex (/showthread.php?tid=5175)

U MAKE ME SICK + private, alex - XENIA - 08-14-2018

[align=center][div style="text-align: justify; width: 70%; font-family: arial; font-size: 11pt; letter-spacing: -1px;"]Sure, the church is nice and all, but it gets a little cold sometimes. The lonely kind of cold; her body doesn't feel temperature like it used to. During the night, the vampire cuddles up in a thick blanket and finds herself staring into oblivion. For twenty-eight years, she slept at this time. Contrary to the term 'death sleep', the dead don't really need to sleep. Surprising, right? Not really. It makes sense, she tells herself, none of the other vampires sleep. They don't need to. I don't need to. I want too.

It's been a very rough and elongated transition period.

Tearing off her blanket, Xenia stands abruptly and growls in frustration. She can't take this anymore! Pulling on her boots, the huntress kicks the closest wall but, for some ungodly reason, it doesn't make her feel any better. She's gonna get out of this place.

In the dead of night, San Creado is alive. More alive than it ever is during the day. You can't hear crickets here at night; the air is too full of music and chatter, a never-ending party that's far from magical. After all Xenia been through, she still doesn't believe in magic. If it was real, there'd be a way to go back, and so far those odds haven't been in her favor.

The woman knocks. Hopefully they're home. She already hates going to others for help quite a bit so she doesn't need any more of a push to stay away. "Alex? It's Xenia. Are you awake?" Who is she kidding, of course they are! Has Alex slept once in 200 years? Not likely.

Re: U MAKE ME SICK + private, alex - alexander - 08-14-2018

[div style="width: 45%; margin: auto; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; line-height: 110%; text-align: justify"]People say that death is eternal sleep, but that can't be further from the truth. Alexander hasn't really slept for nearly two hundred years, and they were not sleeping tonight, either. They are usually in town by now, up to their usual shenanigans with the rest of the vampires, but something kept them home. 

The vampire is currently sprawled out across the couch, dressed only in an oversized t-shirt and boxers, burgundy eyes staring distantly at the ceiling. The passage of time is different when your immortal, not every second matters when you're going to live forever. When Alex was first turned, it scared them. Time felt like ants crawling across their skin. It still feels like that, in the morning hours, when they're stuck between awake and asleep. Always being on the move fills up the time. It passes faster when you're having fun, doesn't it?

They jump at the sound of a knock at their door, snapping out of the dissociative state they had been stuck in. They pause, trying to gather up their thoughts, scrambling to return to the person they usually were. "Xenia! I'm coming, wait one minute." They yell, rolling off the couch and jogging to the front of the apartment, quickly combing through their hair and straightening wrinkles in their shirt. Their appearance was always important, even in front of friends on casual days.

Alex swings open the door with a smile, reaching out to pull the smaller girl into their arms. They stop short when they see her expression, their own immediately becoming more serious. Their friendly demeanor becomes a touch softer, empathetic in the face of Xenia's apparent sadness. "Hey, are you okay? What's wrong?" They ask, opening the door wider, gesturing for the other vampire to come in. They keep their hands to themself despite wants to reach out and wrap Xenia in a hug, unsure if she would like the physical contact while being distressed. They get to work on making the livingroom more comfortable, pulling out blankets from the closet and pushing pillows closer together, their worry for their friend bleeding through their movements. "Um. I'm sorry it's a bit messy, I was kinda just laying around. Do you need anything? Want some coffee? You a tea girl?"