Beasts of Beyond
human lore? - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Helpful Hub (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: human lore? (/showthread.php?tid=5145)

human lore? - aureate - 08-13-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 9.5pt; line-height: 1.4;letter-spacing:.1px"]Okay so I want to jump into the human section of BoB but I guess I'm confused by lore and such? As in what kind of universe does this take place in, do characters have access to electricity, transportation, etc? If it's apocalyptic, when and how did that happen? Is there an explanation for powers and mutations? Sorry for all the questions lmfao I couldn't find a guide or anything and didn't want to go against any established lore.

Re: human lore? - puzzles. - 08-13-2018

the lore is currently intentionally v v loose and light as a whole, so sticking to it shouldnt rlly b a problem!! each group has their own basic lore, strung together by the world just being p barebones realistic, featuring magic thats p much just around. if that makes any sense dskljflk

for transportation, its p much limited to stuff like horseback and ships; no motorized vehicles. for technology, there is electricity with mechanical and battery powered equipment allowed, but no guns. once again, looking to each individual group for guidance would be ur best bet :0

theres probably more stuff in this thread, which is where a lot of this stuff was discussed oml

Re: human lore? - Orion - 08-13-2018

[align=center][div style="max-width: 600px; text-align: justify;"]
Since we voted on open world, we chose not to do world. Puzzles got the rules correctly also!

Re: human lore? - aureate - 08-13-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 9.5pt; line-height: 1.4;letter-spacing:.1px"]I'm a little confused then, I think. I'm having trouble mentally tying the groups together? While I understand not having a site map or anything, is there a sort of... Base for this universe? As in is it some entirely separate universe, or? And. More questions lmao sorry but are cars and guns around but not able to be used, or were they never developed? Or just broke down? Sorry, a lot of these are somewhat important for my character.

Re: human lore? - Orion - 08-13-2018

Completely set in a different world! + They were never developed.

Re: human lore? - aureate - 08-13-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]Alright, thank you! That helps a bit.

Re: human lore? - ace - 08-13-2018

I think an easy way to conceptualize it is that technology such as cars and guns are known, but in a distant, not-sure-if-they exist way, like mythological creatures. The way each group chooses to think of them, or view them, will be different based on the way that group is structured, a really good way of getting into things is just going to talk to the people in the one that you want to join, they'll know more than the general populace.