Beasts of Beyond
TIRED OF FAKING IT / open - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: TIRED OF FAKING IT / open (/showthread.php?tid=5128)

TIRED OF FAKING IT / open - Cosmic - 08-13-2018

If anyone had noticed I was gone, I would be surprised. The Ascendants was a fast-paced group with a constantly growing member base. It was great that the place was thriving, but it was hard to get back in gear with my own activity. The days were long, and for a while... I had been trapped in a pit of depression. I... still am. I doubt that I will get out of it for a while. I had been cooped up in my room for so long not talking to anyone, even my closest friends. All I had been doing was reading, drinking, and popping pills. It was stupid. But... that was me. I was full of bad ideas.

Eventually though, I knew I had to leave my damned hidey-hole. Staying by myself was not helping my case and I just became more and more bored and apathetic and depressed as days went by. It was time to really just...

Do something.

I dragged a small bag behind me, discreetly taking a seat in the back corner of the room where the majority of us were hanging out now since the lockdown. There was a lot of anxiety in the atmosphere, and the least I could do was try and help.

I tore open the plastic bag with a claw, tearing a long hole and revealing a variety of stuffed animals. Call me ridiculous, but honestly, it was all I could think of. My mind was fuzzy from the binge drinking session of last night, but I still appeared lively and alert.

"Hey... anyone want a cuddle buddy?"

Re: TIRED OF FAKING IT / open - Zjarr - 08-13-2018

[div style="width: 45%; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; font-size: 13px;"]In the midst of him wallowing in his own sorrows and filth, Zjarr seemingly failed to realize that there were many out there that shared his bitter emotions and internal strife, though no precisely for the same situation. To run from his struggles and those he assumed despised him, he kept himself almost locked into his bare quarters and a forge, comforted by the embers that spewed by his creations, the flames that he created and raised himself when his fiery children and family were absent and preferred not to be in his presence. It kept himself occupied at the cost of social interaction and learning about those around him. People he could become friends and sympathize with. People he could help. People that didn't hate him.

The demon presumed that little cared for his disappearance to his room, yet he resolved to change things around the second his black nose poked from the entrance to his quarters for the first time in what seemed like eons. There were people around him that he had to become acquainted with. His old homes were full of Clanmates that he could appreciate, but here he felt...alone. Why was that? It wasn't anyone's fault. Only his own. In his old homes, he spoke to his comrades. Here he spoke to the walls.

And so the wolf sought out the voice of Playerone, a fellow observer he had introduced himself to some time ago but didn't quite get acquainted with all too well. Perhaps things would change this time around. He wasn't exactly in dire need of a..."cuddle buddy," but rather some usual companionship and—

Wait, she meant the stuffed animals. Fuck.

Well, it wouldn't hurt to check out the inventory and see what was being offered. "Show me what'cha got," the canine drawled as he padded over, dipping his head to the hybrid in a silent greeting.
[glow=#f24b00,2,300]how'd it get so scandalous?[/glow] —

Re: TIRED OF FAKING IT / open - ★ HAZEL - 08-13-2018

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
as love filled night gives way to day
Upon approaching the scene, it took everything Hazel had in her not to wrinkle her nose. She could smell the alcohol wafting off of Player, amplifying the nerves already humming in her veins. It was like downing an entire cup of caffeine, just waiting for the jitters to die down enough so she could actually concentrate. But these jitters lasted every minute of every day and shook her in the form of painful memories struggling to resurface. She felt like a live wire, ready for something to interact and ignite the spark pinging off her every nerve. It wouldn't be long now - not if she kept the cornered feeling she'd harbored since day one of the lock down.

Stiffly, Hazel nodded to Zjarr and Player; she barely recognized Zjarr, the memory of their meeting a fleeting thing. Not that it mattered; he seemed calmer than most people within the observatory, which was...comforting. His calmness wasn't all contentment - in fact, it seemed heavier, something like sadness. Hazel decided not to pry, considering her limited experience with him. Besides, she'd probably be of little use with her current state.

Turning as much attention as she could muster onto Playerone, she smiled. "I'd like one," She requested. A part of her head, sounding suspiciously like Titanium, whispered seriously? at her, and Hazel frowned. What? A stuffed animal was better than a pillow. Pillows were twice her size, making them virtually useless for cuddling. "Do you have a horse one?" She asked, glowing golden gaze flickering upwards.
HAZEL E CAELUM — STARSTRUCK GUARDIAN — MOODBOARDPLAYLISTTAGS
© MADI

Re: TIRED OF FAKING IT / open - tori - 08-14-2018

"What?" Player's voice and the scent of alcohol drew Alex over, blinking sleep out of his eyes as he stumbled closer to the trio. He had been napping not too far away, one of a few naps caused by a mix of fatigue and lack of proper nutrition as of late. Collapses, more like. But he wouldn't mention that, he didn't want to cause alarm, if it had that potential.

He looked at the bag, tilting his head slightly. Stuffed animals, that's what it was. A small smile crossed his face when he saw them, tail wagging gently. "Cute." He mumbled, yawning soon after. "Where'd you find all these?"

♡♡♡

Re: TIRED OF FAKING IT / open - BASTILLEPAW - 08-14-2018

[align=center][table][tr][td]
[Image: 2NB1bDh]
[/td][td]
[Image: 2LFVCD6]
[/td][td]
[Image: ru8sUY1.png]
[/td][td]
[Image: 2LLq52q]
[/td][/tr][/table]
BASTILLEPRISONER AURELIUS
BY THE GRACE OF THE FIRE AND THE FLAMES
Arguably, Bastille did want a cuddle buddy, but probably not in the way Player meant. Rad's sudden disappearance had robbed him of his one source of consistent contact, which was unfortunate for someone as tactile as he was, but as he stopped beside Hazel he found himself eyeing the plushed toys with little interest. They could offer him nothing in terms of body heat or comfort, and he instead just leveled the owner of said plushies with an amused smirk. [b]"Are you offering yourself, too, or just these?" he drawled idly, clearly teasing, though it may be harder to discern as much after he'd already sought her for contact once.
[B]ASTRAL SERAPH — THE ASCENDANTS — [color=#e2e2e2]TAGS[color=#e2e2e2]MOODBOARD[color=#e2e2e2]PLAYLIST