Beasts of Beyond
LETS GET IT TOGETHER [&] defense training - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: LETS GET IT TOGETHER [&] defense training (/showthread.php?tid=5115)

LETS GET IT TOGETHER [&] defense training - NUI HARIME - 08-12-2018

[table][tr][td]
SNOWBOUND
FEMALE
POLARHEART
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: verdana; color: #FB9B85; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px"]I AM IN CONTROL!

Defense training.

Nui was no teacher. No scholar. She knew the ins and outs of battle. How to counter an opponent. Which vital areas to target. How to skim flesh to drag out a fight in favor of seeing her enemy suffer. Where to sink her claws in, how fast she must do so and how deep she must twist to send maximum pain flooding through her opponent's flesh.

She knows it well, and she knows it from experience.

But she has never taught before.

It's a completely experience, she tells herself as she makes her way out of camp. A faint hint of eagerness crawls it's way up her spine. Teaching! She never imagine she'd be in such a position.

Just outside of the snowy little village. She'll hold her session there. See how well she fairs as a mentor. Will she able to successfully project this vital information to her clanmates? Only time will tell, and she'll learn from them as they will (hopefully) from her.

"Defense training over here!" Nui's melodious voice rings sharp and clear like a tinkling chime. Her paws trudge through snow. Here. Here is perfect.

"In this session I'll be teaching-- or trying to teach you everything on defense. From the basics, to the more complicated maneuvers and set ups. We'll also be having hands on approaches demonstrations, if there's any volunteers," With that, she allows a smile to sink across her maw, settling herself deep into a powdry hill of snow that juts forward ever so slightly.

[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: LETS GET IT TOGETHER [&] defense training - WINTERWOLF - 08-13-2018

[align=center][div style="width: 500px; text-align: justify; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4;"]The first rush of feelings through him, upon hearing the words defense training, should not be ones of amusement. A flood of cold mirth that makes his tail twitch. That's exactly what it is, of course, though thankfully the twitching tail is the only sign of amusement from him. Everything else amounts to a subtle interest or curiosity, with bland blue eyes and a faint lift to his brow. He had been taught through experience, not theory and classes — the idea of learning when there wasn't the threat of death hanging over him was both interesting and terrible. Besides, he doubts that there's much Nui could teach him in this respect. So while the lion settles down in the back, expression sour enough to curdle milk as he sits in the snow, he isn't sure if he has any intention of participating. "What do you mean by teaching?"

Re: LETS GET IT TOGETHER [&] defense training - SICARION - 08-13-2018

[align=center][div style="max-width: 500px; text-align: justify;"]Experience was the best teacher. Floris had gone through drills of course, back when he'd had a home, and everyone in his group had found themselves hurtled at various challenges in preparation for the real thing, which helped, but it still couldn't fully acclimatize them to how it would truly be. When Floris killed his first person, he wasn't quite ready for the disconnect that followed, the brief chasm between mind and body. Every time after that, it got easier, so while he'd stand by training, he wouldn't call it infallible, or fireproof. You could swim in the shallow end as long as you wanted, but you could only learn if you could tread the deeper waters when you threw yourself into them. For all the squishies' weaknesses, he had to hand it to them: it took some courage to go out like that when they were so much more vulnerable.

Winterwolf wasn't all that smushy though. Also, wolf? Floris wasn't too acquainted with other species yet, but he could've sworn those looked different. Were those the ones that spit?

Anyway. Nui Harime. Defense training. He was interested to see what she'd have them doing, although the lion seemed skeptical. "Is that a serious question or a rhetorical one?" He couldn't read these people yet, and Winter was harder than most. "I'll volunteer. Just let me know what you want to do."

Re: LETS GET IT TOGETHER [&] defense training - NUI HARIME - 08-13-2018

[table][tr][td]
SNOWBOUND
FEMALE
POLARHEART
[/td][td]
[div style="width: 360px; font-family: verdana; color: #FB9B85; text-align: left; padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px"]I AM IN CONTROL!

the first two arrive; no surprise, given that they both look equally built for battle.

But defense is a very specific area of fighting. One must be willing to defend themselves to survive, regardless of immediate risk or not. One could never be sure of the disaster to befall them. In any case, Nui had not done this of her own volition, but rather it was a task-- And an interesting one at that, to complete.

The fem's eye surveyed to upcomers, noting the dry expression upon Winter's face. But she was not so easily deterred. Never was. His question was an unexpected one, but Nui believed she knew what he was asking.

Teaching usually demoted what it meant; a lecture on any given subject. All she knew was that different types of "teaching" worked better for some, and while experience was infallible, the lectures weren't necessarily useless in themselves.

At least, that's what she'd like to think. Nui was more of a hands on girl herself.

"Teaching, as in giving you different scenarios where you'll have to defend yourself of and giving you examples of ways to guard yourself. But seeing as I have a volunteer, examples will be given," She cast a grateful glance at Sicar.

"I'll be asking questions as well, since there's multiple ways to go about defending oneself, especially if we all have different bodies."

There was a brief pause, a ginger moment of silence as the polarheart pondered, snapping up as if she'd remember something.

"In fact, this isn't even a full lecture. Its a training session! So you'll be free to choose partners to work with, after examples and such."

She was here to teach but this was also no mere class. Realizing that had given her a whole range of opportunities now as to how she'd help train Snowbound to get into touch with protecting themselves.

Nui pivoted her head towards the grey dragon, smiling. "Thank you for volunteering by the way. Once more people come, I'll start the session,"

[/td][/tr][/table]
© MADI

Re: LETS GET IT TOGETHER [&] defense training - ATBASH CIPHER. - 08-13-2018

ATBASH CIPHER
i know i should stop believing
i know there's no retrieving
Atbash partially asked Nui to do this based on how she had no personal experience with self-defense, and of course she was still paranoid over Caesar popping up at any minute. But a self-defense class benefited everyone, not just her, so that's another reason she asked Nui to do this. "I'm participating." Atbash declared as she came over, clearly happy that Nui got around to doing this.
bio | female | hailcaller [leader] of snowbound
© madi

Re: LETS GET IT TOGETHER [&] defense training - MirrorEdge - 08-13-2018

[align=center]
Gwen made her way over, looking to Nui. "I'll participate." Something Gwen was remotely good at, was hand-to-hand combat. It was the lack of powers that made her useless, at least in her family's eyes. "W-will we be in teams, or is it one on one?"