Beasts of Beyond
better late than never | joining - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Tanglewood (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: better late than never | joining (/showthread.php?tid=4884)

better late than never | joining - ophelia. - 08-09-2018

[align=center][div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 65%; line-height:120%; text-align: justify;font-family: verdana;"]While Ophelia wasn't opposed to being alone, she quickly found that she didn't prefer it. Older now, wiser than she had been when she was young, she understood that having a group, a pack, a family, or whatever someone chose to call it was actually a good thing. Keeping herself safe would be a lot easier if she had someone to watch her back, and it'd be nice to not have to be constantly on the watch for her next meal. In her opinion, it was a win-win.

A smaller part of herself told her that joining a group would also cure her loneliness, but she quickly pushed that thought down deep, burying it underneath her facade of relative calm.

Sitting down near the border, she folded her bulky wings against her sides, trying not to give into the urge to smooth down her feathers immediately. She could worry about that later. Right now, she needed to stay on-task. She was a cat, small in stature but large in wit, who needed a home. She knew that she was worthy of one, too. Her upbringing made sure that she was always prepared for a fight, always vigilant and aware of herself and her surroundings. She would be a wonderful addition anywhere, if they'd have her.

Chin held high, her azure eyes scanned her bleak surroundings for a patrol, sure to keep just outside of the border as to not start some kind of confrontation.

Re: better late than never | joining - aya - 08-09-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 55%; font-family: arial; font-size: 11pt; text-align: justify;"]A family, to love and protect, and care for endlessly - if any of this had been said out loud, Aya would have thought Ophelia was looking for the Brady Bunch, not Tanglewood. Still, Aya went to hop out of the tree she was in, slipped, and just about made it look purposeful as she landed in front of Ophelia. "This is Tanglewood, I'm Aya, who are you and what do you want?" The tortoiseshell grinned, before her yellow gaze caught sight of Ophelia's wings. "Wings!" She gasped, moving to look at them better. "Were you born with these or did they mutate there? They look like they're built for actual flying- can you fly with these? Are your bones hollow, because if not, these wings must have insane musculature! Wow!" Aya spoke quickly and excitedly, admiring Ophelia's wings.

Re: better late than never | joining - ophelia. - 08-09-2018

[align=center][div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 65%; line-height:120%; text-align: justify;font-family: verdana;"]At the approach of another cat, Ophelia straightened up a little more, meeting her gaze evenly before she... immediately started to fawn over her wings. Admittedly, Ophelia wasn't exactly used to being talked to, let alone complimented. Even if it was mostly excited wonderment, she didn't really know what to do with it, heating up a bit under her fur in some odd mix of embarrassment and social ineptitude. Not for the first time, she was grateful that she was skilled in practical things, as it made up for a lot of... weirdness.

Quickly, she squashed down her confusion and tried her best to cover it. "My name is Ophelia. I'm here to join, if you are accepting members." she stated. There was a small pause, then she cleared her throat and said,"They mutated there, and it wasn't exactly a comfortable experience, but... Yes. I can fly with them, which makes the whole thing worthwhile. And I would guess that my wings are as... bulky as they are for a reason."

Re: better late than never | joining - VIGENERE CIPHER. - 08-09-2018

Re: better late than never | joining - aya - 08-09-2018

[div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 55%; font-family: arial; font-size: 11pt; text-align: justify;"]Ooh, she was joining! "Welcome to Tanglewood!" At the explanation of the wings, Aya's curiosity only grew. "So you just woke up and they were there one day? You didn't purposefully mutate yourself?" The tortoiseshell's tail waved with interest, eyes focused. When Vigenere spoke, it reminded her. "Oh, uh - do you need a tour or anything? I should show you how to get through the swamp, there are alligators and crocodiles and traps in it. Also, don't drink from the swamp, obviously."

[align=center][div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 65%; line-height:120%; text-align: justify;font-family: verdana;"]Ophelia's eyes flicked up as another figure approached and spoke, then gave a nod in Vigenere's direction. "It's nice to make your acquaintance." she said, standing up now that she knew she had permission to enter. The swamp didn't look exactly welcoming, but she was sure she'd learn to care for it in time. Hopefully.

Her eyes moved back to Aya as she spoke again, head turning just a bit in confusion. "They grew over the course of a few days. You wouldn't be nearly as impressed if you'd seen them on day one. They were... a bit unattractive." she said, mumbling the last bit. She shook her head, though, refocusing on what she should say. "As for doing it purposefully, I didn't. I suppose that's how it works for some, though, considering how powerful some of the creatures lurking about are."

At the question about a tour, she had a small sense of relief. Having someone explain the area would be a lot better than making a fool of herself until she learned the lay of the land herself. "That would be nice, yes." she said. At the suggestion to not drink the water, she wrinkled her nose just a bit. "I assure you, I wasn't planning on it."

Re: better late than never | joining - madster - 08-09-2018

a lot of people were joining recently, and malphas thought that was a good thing. he had to get over some... prejudices, sure, but now he was pretty accepting of everyone. to make tanglewood the best it could be, there had to be a lot of people in it, didn't there? he flicked an ear in thought as he made his way over. he had his crimson eyes narrowed as he padded over. "welcome. don't drink the swamp water," he spoke, a grin on his face, repeating the bullshit thing aya said. "anyways- i'm malphas. i'm a medic here, so if you need anything medical-related, come to me, i don't give a shit," he said, looking at the newcomer.

[align=center][div style="borderwidth=0px; width: 65%; line-height:120%; text-align: justify;font-family: verdana;"]Flicking her gaze over to the next person that approached, Ophelia tilted her head a bit at the repetition of advice. Something must be really wrong with the water if she were being told the same thing again, especially if it was said by a medic. Shaking off her confusion, she offered a nod in his direction. "Nice to meet you, Malphas." she said. "I'll be sure to get in contact with you if anything happens, though I am fairly certain I'm in good paws for now."