Beasts of Beyond
Honey we got some tea to spill || open, healing salve - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Honey we got some tea to spill || open, healing salve (/showthread.php?tid=4767)

Honey we got some tea to spill || open, healing salve - Pele N. F. I. - 08-07-2018

PELE
I AM A COSMIC CHILD
Pele and Elio had been living with Monroe for about a week or so, and it was not all that bad. You got used to smelling fish when you literally lived on a beach and 'ate' it every other night. But the thing she noticed most was how the tiny scales of her host's skin, were kind of...flaking. Scales were supposed to shed, yes, scientifically though mixing a cat and a shark was a recipe for discomfort for the result. They would end up with dry skin if not in the water, and having the salt recrystalize on them didn't help.

So the little demoness had set to making a hydrating salve for him. Brewing her blue hibiscus flowers for a very potent colored, sweet smelling kick, she set about harvesting aloe leaves to use as a base. The mixture itself was quite hard to mix, since it was a liquid and a gel, but after 'beating' the aloe, she was able to fully mix in the tea. This ended up turning the salve a bright shade of slightly transparent blue.

"Hey Roe, could you c'mere for a second?"
© MADI

Re: Honey we got some tea to spill || open, healing salve - rhosmari - 08-07-2018

MONROE
MALE — SUNHAVEN — SUNBEARER — HARD
Baking, he could always feel his skin drying out and starting to flake unnaturally so. The summer heat was still with them and even though this was the last season of summer it was like being cooked alive if he stayed out of the water for too long. It interrupted his want to go and do things on land when he had to go back to the water ever couple of hours to soak himself before coming back. Kind of made him upset when he would have to dismiss himself because he couldn't hang out with the other folks in the village. But he supposed he would have to suffer through it, the colder months were coming and then it would be much easier to manage. That was what he was doing now anyway, curled up on the shore of the beach as waves lapped over his furless form. His jaws parted as water submerged him, causing bubbles to life up from his muzzle and he shifted himself to lay on his side until he jolted when his name was called. Oh, that was Pele! Quickly the fish cat moved from his spot upon the sands and he made his way toward where he thought the voice was coming from.

Rather pleased that he was being summoned although for what he didn't know yet. Though he didn't really make a notion to care too much about what it could be about. Webbed paws tapped across the boardwalk and he shoved his way into the shared home, trailing a bit of water and he curiously gazed at the child, eyes finding the strange mixture. "Ya needed me, Pele? What's tha'?" He couldn't resist asking about the thing that she had because he was forever curious about something and when a mystery was afoot he was definitely going to figure it out. Slowly he leaned down, nose twitching to try and sniff at it when he got some on his nose. The smell was so overwhelming that he jolted back and smacked a paw on his own face with a light yelp leaving him. "That's some potent stuff ya got there!"
#psychosocial.

Re: Honey we got some tea to spill || open, healing salve - goodsprings - 08-07-2018

↠↠la'miyla's own practices of studying traditional chinese medicine and other traditional herbal remedies had led her down quite an interesting path. she could meet an animal and know what organs were beneficial for her and what she could use them with, recognize a weed growing at the corner of her deck and see the possibilities to make it into. sometimes it worried her when she caught herself doing it. stuck in books and resources and going so long with just her sisters and family to talk to, it was something to adjust to. other species were always seen as food first. now the trio were in a world where they had to share a sense of camaraderie with them.

the ivory woman had yet to meet pelle and monroe, though seeing the pair along the boardwalk had piqued her interest. mimi was aware her and her sisters looked odd compared to the smaller creatures around here, but never had she come in contact with... monroe's kind.

"what did you make, little one?" she looked to the starry-eyed she-cat with a smile. "looks like you worked very hard on it, do you mind me asking what you used?" she was of course curious for her own gain, and in general. she wondered if it would work for whatever purpose she intended.

↞↞
Template by Quill

Re: Honey we got some tea to spill || open, healing salve - Pele N. F. I. - 08-07-2018

PELE
I AM A COSMIC CHILD
She laughed a little at him flat out almost shoving his nose in the salve. Elio put his head in his hands, walking back inside and shaking his head. "Its a healing salve for your skin, to hydrate it. That way you don't have to keep popping in and out of the water to the point that its an inconvenience."

Ah, a tiger, not exactly something new, but a...refreshing sight for lack of better words. She smelled, vaguely of blood and herbs. Perhaps a divine and a slayer, but she knew too little to be sure. "Its blue hibiscus, my own flowers, I don't know if they grow around here and some aloe vera. Make the flowers into tea and beat them together like its your worst enemy to combine. Its simple, but I'll probably improve on it if it works well."
© MADI

Re: Honey we got some tea to spill || open, healing salve - rhosmari - 08-09-2018

MONROE
MALE — SUNHAVEN — SUNBEARER — HARD
As she explained to him what it was he felt tears beginning to brim in his eyes. He hadn't thought that someone would care about his irritated skin and how it was drying out. Frankly he hadn't said anything to anyone cause he was trying to deal with it on his own. But it seemed Pele had noticed it and went out of her way to actually take the time out to make something for him. A salve that he could rub onto his body to keep his skin moist. He sniffled a bit as he looked at the young child before he moved and attempted to embrace her in a hug with all his fishy smelling goodness. "Ya a righ' good child, ya know that right?" His voice was elated and he felt rather happy to be honest. Blinking back the tears he gave a light smile and released her from his grasp, tail swaying back and forth like a happy puppy before he turned to look at La'miyla whom had come into their home. He chuckled softly before he gave a light sniff of the salve again and he pulled it to himself rather eager to put some on. "Thank ya for the salve though. Much appreciated. Ain't she just the best little one ever?" He spoke to their new visitor as he wiggled and lightly put a paw on the salve gently.
#psychosocial.