Beasts of Beyond
The Hunger That Feeds;; Pey mentioned;; Open - Printable Version

+- Beasts of Beyond (https://beastsofbeyond.com)
+-- Forum: Other (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Archived Animal Roleplay (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Uncharted Territories (https://beastsofbeyond.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: The Hunger That Feeds;; Pey mentioned;; Open (/showthread.php?tid=4762)

The Hunger That Feeds;; Pey mentioned;; Open - Jiyu Simul Stamus - 08-07-2018

It had been several days since she last got to feed on anything that could provide suitable nutrition for her, the few scraps of prey she had stomached in front of other's to hide the fact of her diet from the kits and more light-hearted, was not nearly enough to keep her alive. Jiyu was quickly approaching the maximum number of days she could starve herself and would soon have to leave the territory of her group in order to hunt down another cat. However, leaving in order to hunt presented many difficulties, challenges, and worries. Not only did having to hunt leave her entirely alone, it left The Roseblood without her normal protection sometimes for several days if she could not quickly procure a meal. Killing another cat for food safely? Was much harder than killing normal prey. Unless she wanted to start a war that would come back to the animals she cared about protecting, the calico had to pick her meal carefully and also kill out of the eye of any other animals to make sure a group that disliked cannibalism would not come down on her group for harboring her. Outside of what she could bring in from hunting, other things could slip by while she was gone, especially in the current state of the group!

Before the sabertoothed feline would ever dream of leaving Roseblood for her own hunting, she had to take steps to make sure everyone would still be safe here until she returned. "Peytriviing." she wasn't going all over the mansion shouting for him, but she was doing her normal rounds through it and occasionally speaking his name to see if he was anywhere nearby. Correction, she'd be able to smell him if he was close, she was speaking up so she didn't take the manticore by surprise when she found him, and possibly so some other animal could tell him she was looking for him and he'd just come to her. The large male was part one in her plan to make sure that the entire group remained safe while she was gone, and also remained safe if she brought back more trouble than she intended to. Pey was an animal capable of clearing a good portion of the territory on patrol relatively quickly. Jiyu just needed to make sure he knew which routes to take and then make sure he knew that she would not be running those patrols for two or three days at most. If she could not procure food at that point? She would suck it up and eat a rotting corpse from the mess hall.

Re: The Hunger That Feeds;; Pey mentioned;; Open - PEYTRIVING P. - 08-08-2018

PEYTRIVIING  M.
✯ — I KNOW WHERE YOU'VE BEEN, OH
space
truthfully, hearing that jiyu had been asking around for the manticore had not been expected. their first thought was that she was pissed at them, maybe they had done something wrong. or perhaps something was wrong and she felt the need to make pey responsible for it? nah, that didn't really sound like something the calico would do. either or, they were very unsure how to feel about this news. though, they figured they might as well face it head-on.

they headed in the direction that the last roseblood had directed them to find jiyu. it took a few wrong turns and peering into other rooms, but they had come to see her in the middle of the hallway, saying their name every now and then. "i'm here, i'm here." they joked with a crooked grin, coming closer to the she-cat and sitting across from her. she didn't look pissed. no, she actually looked sickly. they wondered if she knew her ribs were visible. the manticore remained silent, waiting for her to say what she had to.
space
✯ — GENDERLESS. THE ROSEBLOODS. HARD PHYSICALLY. MEDIUM MENTALLY. REF. BIO. — ✯
#psychosocial.

Re: The Hunger That Feeds;; Pey mentioned;; Open - Jiyu Simul Stamus - 08-08-2018

If someone who seemed to have no emotions whatsoever was seeking someone out, the first thing any sane animal would think was some form of trouble. Oddly? Pey was not wrong for assuming something along the lines of trouble, he was just wrong about who was in trouble, instead of him being in any sort of rough spot, it was the calico herself. Jiyu was far from daft, she saw his eyes scan over her body briefly and noted where they lingered. Pey was smart enough to notice something was not exactly right even though she highly doubted he could exactly guess her 'ailment' very few would suspect she was starving, considering she occasionally ate normal prey in the public view to prevent suspicion. However, the calico was not exceptionally 'upset' that he had remotely realized something was amiss with her, it increased what she could tell him and better enabled the handling of this. Other animals were always more willing to help out when you could let them know a little of what was going on.

"I'm going to be gone for a little, anywhere from a day to a few days at most." she was at the breaking point if she waited much longer she would no longer have the strength to hunt and she was too proud to let anyone else procure her food. Heck, the way she was pushing it? She may barely have the strength to steal from the mess hall if she let herself go another week! She should have been keeping a better eye on the last date she fed. "Normally I handle a good deal of the patrols, but clearly while I'm gone I need someone else to take over the routes." she often took ones in the rougher area's, so that other members did not have to risk getting hurt, of course, she could be a little overprotective of everyone at times as well. "With your size, you should be able to handle the patrols until I get back." the calico spoke, sitting down for the second which was a bit unusual for her, but she needed the moment to make sure the impending weakness from hunger did not affect her ability to finish this interaction.

Once she seemed to be done sitting? The calico stood back up slowly "Think you can handle that if I show you the routes I normally take." it didn't sound like a question but the formatting left a deal of choice in the matter, which was good as it got with her most of the time. She needed to make sure everyone was safe, otherwise she was never going to hunt and she would end up needing a new body.

Re: The Hunger That Feeds;; Pey mentioned;; Open - Jiyu Simul Stamus - 08-19-2018

Bump